This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Retail Leader who excels in high-volume store operations to drive profits across highly challenging and competitive markets, and who expertly analyzes customer needs, identifies lucrative sales opportunities, defines strategies for capturing new clientele, and attains solid leveraging to grow business and create a positive brand image.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who exhibits a proven track record of success across multiple merchandise categories, and who demonstrates talent in cost-effective financial planning, product development, inventory, and allocation management.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with senior-level decision-makers, retail professionals, and customers; who excels in autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads staff with a collaborative management style focused on high associate engagement and development and creative problem solving.
$1.7-Billion Annual Volume ￨ 42-Member Merchandising & Planning Team
Director of Merchandise Planning & Allocation Misses Classic Sportswear ￨ Special Sizes ￨ Seasonal (2012 Present)
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking merchandise planning and allocation initiatives, including training, mentoring, and managing a top-performing team of 13 direct reports while building valuable long-range plans.
- Nurture collaborative relationships with Product Development, Central Planning, Digital Merchandising, and Logistics.
- Promote continuing professional development among team members, including developing a Divisional Planning Manager to Director of Planning, 6 Planners to Buyers, and 10 Merchandise Analysts to Assistant Buyer positions.
- Build and sustain partnerships with branded partners, including Columbia, Chaps, Levi, Lee, and Gloria Vanderbilt.
Successfully achieved 94% associate engagement.
Established a testing model to drive strategic business shifts.
Grew market share in Plus Sportswear, Outerwear, and Swimwear.
Expertly handled financial business model of 1,100+ retail locations.
Built successful development models for Merchandise Planners and Analysts.
Profitably grew sales with Croft & Barrow, Dana Buchman, and casual bottoms.
Maximized location-specific brand matrix via newly created localization strategies.
Increased gross margin via an aggressive inventory management / allocation strategy.
Served on an Executive Initiative Subcommittee to drive strategic shifts in lifecycle of goods.
$1.5-Billion Annual Volume
Director of Merchandise Planning & Allocation Juniors Sportswear (2011 2012)
- Strategically steered planning and allocation initiatives while leading a team of a Senior Inventory Manager, Assistant Manager of Market Solutions, Merchandise Planners, and Merchandise Analysts to achieve sales, inventory, and margin plans while directing the change assortment architecture to adjust to changes in the competitive marketplace.
Improved planning model efficiency by implementing a new streamlined approach.
Successfully launched Juniors Vera Wang collaboration Vera Wang Princess by Vera Wang.
Grew Junior Denim market share replacing duplicative core brands to address emerging trends.
Established training for new interns and Merchandise Analysts regarding strategy and inventory planning.
$1.3-Billion Annual Volume
Senior Inventory Manager Juniors Sportswear (2010 2011)
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward establishing regional assortment strategy to provide a foundation for planning in Mild & Hot markets, including leading a team of 9 direct reports while partnering with a cross-functional group of 40 across Buying and Merchandise Planning & Allocation to continually boost profitable retail sales.
- Created top sales plans, promoted classification fixture guidance, and allocated direction to execute regional initiatives.
- Identified and communicated regional assortment opportunities with the product development team, including managing buying teams with execution of Table & Tower strategy and collaborating on merchandise assortments.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (262) 442-7425
$1.3-Billion Annual Volume
Senior Inventory Manager Juniors Sportswear (continued)
Partnered with SVP DMM and SVP MP&A in managing Juniors business.
Led outbound store-wide communications of sales results and inventory levels.
Restructured divisional reporting tools and developed new analysis tools to evaluate results.
Analyzed historical classification performance of division to provide guidance on key strikepoint variations.
$400-Million Annual Volume
Senior Buyer Misses Sonoma Sportswear (2007 2010)
- Maximized bottom-line performance by establishing strategy, including effectively leveraging sales growth while maintaining proper inventory levels of multi-classification brand and achieving balance between key items and fashion.
- Established contingency planning of base fabrications across Knits and Bottoms via collaborations with Product Development team, along with managing 25 team members across all buying, planning, and product development.
- Served within Raw Material Management Subcommittee, Assortment Management Pilot Team, and KOO Pilot Office.
Grew brand +30% across a 3-year tenure.
Drove sales increase through additional products and testing.
Executed annual inventory turn of 2.79, or +66 BP during tenure.
Viewed as Best in Class for testing strategies to build upon business opportunities.
Improved regional performance in Mild & Hot markets to deliver a 21% comp store increase in 2010.
Received Buying Office of the Quarter 3rd Quarter 2009, 4th Quarter 2009, Annual 2009, and 1st Quarter 2010.
$383-Million Sales Volume (2007) ￨ 24-Member Leadership Team
Senior Buyer Fashion Jewelry & Sterling Silver (2004 2007)
- Developed and executed strategy of multi-classification business of Fashion Jewelry and Sterling Silver Jewelry, including managing global vision and brand strategy of 14 private brand and branded fashion jewelry categories such as Sonoma, So, Daisy Fuentes, and Axcess, as well as developing strategy of Giftable and Table & Tower classifications.
- Mentored and managed a team of 7 Separate Planners, 5 Assistant Buyers, 8 Analysts, and 4 Merchandise Specialists.
- Established merchandising strategy outside of parent department, including creating cross-shopping as a fashion jewelry destination and creating concept to Apparel in Department Merchandising, Grid Panel and table presentations.
Successfully launched Daisy Fuentes, Apt 9, Candies, and Axcess Fashion Jewelry.
Developed and implemented 30 seasonal programs separate from core categories of business.
Grew categories to $383 million in 2007 s annual sales volume equaling +57% across a 4-year tenure.
Exceeded gross margin plans via execution of front-end strategy planning, including achieving incremental bottom line growth +170 BP over tenure; 45.5% versus 43.8% in 2004.
Merchandise Planner Classic & Updated Misses Sportswear (2002 2004)
- Drove business growth by demonstrating solid analytical abilities toward developing profit-generating financial strategies of various updated classifications, including cashmere, Nine & Company, and Axcess Misses Sportswear.
Created unique programs for private label and domestic resources for career blouses and bottoms.
- Played a vital role in purchasing branded and promotional watches for 249 locations exceeding $29 million in annual sales, including actively assessing consumer trends, as well as styles and fashion to boost retail business performance.
Increased advertising productivity by 39%.
Increased consumer awareness of products and offers.
Conceptualized and developed dynamic marketing strategies.
Bachelor of Science in Economics University of Wisconsin
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your bottom-line performance.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Multibillion-Dollar Retail Sales Operations, Merchandise Planning, Product Development, Purchasing, Allocation Management, and Program Design / Development. I am also highly skilled in New Business Development, Team Building, Training / Development, Employee Engagement, Strategic Analysis / Planning, Trends Tracking, and Multi-Process Optimization, among other areas. To complement these talents, please note that I earned a B.S. in Economics from the University of Wisconsin.
Currently, as Director of Merchandise Planning & Allocation for Kohl s Department Store, I expertly lead forward-thinking initiatives boasting of $1.7-billion annual volume, including managing a top-performing team of 42 with 13 direct reports. Within this role, I successfully nurture collaborative relationships with Product Development, Central Planning, Digital Merchandising, and Logistics staff while building lucrative partnerships with branded partners, including Columbia, Chaps, Levi, Lee, and Gloria Vanderbilt.
A sampling of my achievements include:
Successfully achieving 94% associate engagement.
Establishing a testing model to drive strategic business shifts.
Expertly handling financial business model of 1,100+ retail locations.
Growing market share in Plus Sportswear, Outerwear, and Swimwear.
Building successful development models for Merchandise Planners and Analysts.
Profitably growing sales with Croft & Barrow, Dana Buchman, and casual bottoms.
Maximizing location-specific brand matrix via newly created localization strategies.
Increasing gross margin via an aggressive inventory management / allocation strategy.
Serving on an Executive Initiative Subcommittee to drive strategic shifts in lifecycle of goods.
[ Suggestion! Optional! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting ]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience in Senior Inventory Manager, Senior Buyer, and Merchandise Planner roles.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your team s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!