This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Results-driven Executive with 20+ years of experience directing logistics and supply chain operations within the manufacturing industry.
- Well versed in managing $60M+ in annual purchased transportation.
- Recognized for the ability to identify inefficiencies and develop innovative solutions to significantly boost performance.
- Dynamic leadership skills, instrumental to building, training and managing high performance teams.
Supply Chain Management
Training & Development
American Woodmark Corporation, Winchester, VA & Denver, CO 2012-Present
Corporate Distribution Manager
- Fulfill critical leadership position, responsible for overseeing 7 Managers while directing all last mile distribution.
- Devise strategic plans to significantly reduce costs and improve overall performance.
- Thoroughly review all processes to ensure quality control.
- Demonstrate top notch leadership abilities; successfully recruit, train and manage staff members.
- Closely monitor team performance; implement individualized action plans as necessary.
- Strategically identify client needs and design solutions to ensure fulfillment; continually enhance customer experience.
- Implemented a request for proposal (RFP) process to reduce freight cost by 10-15%.
- Recognized by JD Powers and Associates for best in class last mile distribution network.
- Contributed extensively to $750k in annual savings.
- Implemented a distribution control tower function to provide oversight and anticipatory monitors.
- Collaborated extensively with Developers to create a process management tool allowing distribution managers and providers to manage last mile distribution network.
Distribution Network Manager (2009-2011)
- Utilized excellent communication skills to maintain positive relationships with high profile clientele generating $20M in purchased transportation annually.
- Directed daily activities of Service Managers.
- Used aggressive negotiation tactics to lower rates, improve service and increase efficiency throughout supply chain operations.
- Conducted in-depth training on various topics, including sales and delivery.
- Reduced company freight costs by $2.5M annually while improving overall speed to target.
- Implemented a highly successful distribution network strategy of factory direct to the end consumer.
Regional Distribution Service Manager (2006-2008)
- Demonstrated strong organizational abilities while managing outsourced logistics delivery network throughout assigned territory.
- Collaborated extensively with IT department and outsourced distribution providers to successfully implement product scanning and eradicate product loss.
- Thoroughly reviewed processes to identify inefficiencies and implement strategies to boost performance.
- Used Six Sigma principles to reduce product damage by up to 25% within a 2-year period.
American Woodmark Corporation (Continued)
Senior Manufacturer Sales Representative (1998-2005)
- Received merit base promotion due to strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Conducted in-depth training on various sales strategies to significantly boost team performance.
- Established and maintained relationships with high profile clients, including The Home Depot.
- Increased sales from $1M to $5M within a 6-year period.
- Grew market share from 15% to 50%.
Wickes Contractor Supply, Denver, CO 1996-1998
Director of Contractor Sales
- Expanded target market reach by actively representing company at national and local trade shows and business events.
- Contributed extensively to overall market share growth.
- Implemented highly effective business development initiatives to increase revenue by $2M+ within a 2-year period.
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Business, Colorado State University; 1995
Certified LEAN Practitioner, American Woodmark Corporation; 2010
Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Special Honors, American Woodmark Corporation; 2012
National Sales Builder Award
American Woodmark President s Award, Successful implementation of the Carrier Council
American Woodmark President s Award, Delivery of Quality Management Systems Performance
American Woodmark President s Award, Successful Launch of the Allen and Roth Brand
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!