This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include 20 years of high level experience leading and improving academic programs. I have applied my skills and knowledge toward directing highly successful projects that substantially enhanced daily processes. To complement this background, I possess top notch leadership and strategic planning abilities. I have a proven track record of compiling large data sets, analyzing information and increasing institutional effectiveness.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
- Detail oriented Leader with over 20 years of experience substantially improving academic programs, devising strategic plans, ensuring adherence to accreditation standards and providing leadership in institutional effectiveness.
- Proven ability to compile, analyze and explain large data sets; skilled in making knowledge based recommendations to ensure achievement of institution goals and mission.
- Possesses dynamic interpersonal skills, key to cultivating positive relationships and clearly conveying concepts.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite, SPSS and ARGOS.
- Leveraged expertise to lead Educational Master Plan planning team; thoroughly monitored status, reported outcomes and created annual progress report for 4 years.
- Directed Multiple Measures Assessment Project (MMAP); led team of 8 key faculty members implementing process of using high school transcripts for college English and Math Placement and evaluating the outcomes.
- Strategically oversaw development of Enrollment Management Plan, resulting in clear process of class scheduling, cancelation/adding classes, productivity, FTES, waitlist and headcount, as well as improved lines of communication between deans and faculty members.
- Led Assessment (Student Learning Outcome) System project; focused heavily on integrating student learning outcomes into college culture, developing a functional map and assessing training.
- Developed Data Dashboard System; providing concise training to faculty, staff and administrators on program specific data.
- Oversaw Integrated Planning and Institutional Effectiveness project; created common metrics and ensured alignment with district strategic plan, as well as Educational Master Plan metrics.
Ca ada College, Redwood City, California 2013-Present
Dean of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness
- Fulfills key leadership position, focusing primarily on leading enrollment management processes, maintaining institutional effectiveness, conducting in depth research and ensuring compliance to accreditation regulations.
- Strategically tracks and compiles data; develops detailed published reports to convey enrollment information.
- Collaborate extensively with Vice President of Student Services, as well as key faculty members.
- Design innovative strategies to ensure achievement of objectives, adherence to policies/procedures and alignment to district/college mission.
- Coordinate a systematic and integrated institutional planning process that is aligned with accreditation, the campus strategic and master plans, and other planning related requirements.
- Thoroughly track student equity, enrollment, demographics, productivity, student success, retention, persistence and transfer rates, and provide reports as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities while overseeing research office staff; responsible for delegating tasks, monitoring performance and providing consultation when appropriate.
- Conduct thorough research and attend large conferences to remain up to date on ever changing national and state processes.
- Serve as a representative on district and college committees.
- Coordinate program-specific assessment and planning activities, including departmental program review, analysis of student satisfaction surveys, campus climate and community surveys.
College of Marin, Marin, California 2010-2013
Director of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness
- Assumed critical leadership role; focused efforts on the development and coordination of college planning, accreditation, retention, program reviews, policy adherence and student learning outcomes.
- Implemented highly successful strategies to ensure attainment of short and long term objectives.
- Closely monitored and tracked staff member performance; provided guidance on ways to continually improve existing processes.
- Planned, organized and directed operations regarding research, review, analysis, interpretation and reporting of a variety of data and information used in assessing institutional effectiveness.
- Championed development and deployment of annual student services student learning outcomes (SLOs) assessment plan and three-year student services student learning outcomes (SLOs) assessment plan.
- Fulfilled Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) role; responsible for preparing required annual accreditation reports, directing studies and coordinating accreditation visits.
- Collaborated extensively with multiple departments to contribute to development of Educational Master Plan, Integrated Planning Manual, Professional Development Plan and Student Assessment Plans.
- Successfully compiled, analyzed and explained critical student data to administration; made knowledge based recommendations to ensure enrollment needs were fulfilled.
Parkway School District, St. Louis, Missouri 2006-2010
Coordinator for Student Academic Assessment
- Leveraged excellent organizational, coordination and leadership skills to analyze/report academic achievement results, provide support to various departments and continually ensure achievement of goals.
- Spearheaded development of district s five-year strategic plan; focused heavily on current achievement standing, as well as goals for higher standards.
- Facilitated and oversaw multiple successful projects/teams, including District Assessment Committee, Building Testing Teams and Parkway Access Reporting System (PARS) Work Group; resulting in alignment of assessment plan to mission, streamlining of existing testing practices and creation of a data warehouse covering 18,000 students and 10 standardized assessments.
- Leveraged excellent training abilities to promote teacher and administrator growth and development; monitored progress and continually pressed for improved student achievement.
- Responsibilities included policy compliance, budget management, curriculum realignment and maintaining adherence to districtwide and statewide goals.
- Served as liaison between Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education personnel and district staff; properly communicated changes in standards while ensuring accountability of team members.
Special School District, St. Louis, Missouri; Administrator 2003-2006
Fontbonne University, St. Louis, Missouri 1997-2003
Director, Institutional Research and Assessment (2002-2003)
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan (1997-2001)
Senior Research Associate, Evaluation Center (2000-2001)
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (2000-2001)
Research Associate, Science and Mathematics Program Improvement (1999-2000)
Doctoral Associate, Department of Educational Leadership (1997-1999)
Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan; Instructor, Department of Music 1994-1996
KuangJen Cultural & Educational Foundation, Taipei, Taiwan; Music Therapy Director 1994-1996
Lakeview Hospital, Paw Paw, Michigan; Music Therapist 1993-1994
Ed.D. Educational Leadership (Research, Assessment, and Evaluation), M.A., Educational Leadership, M.M., Music Therapy, B.M., Music Therapy; Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
B.A., Music, Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan; 1990
Excellence in College Research: How to Increase Data Democracy and Develop a Culture of Inquiry within Faculty and Staff; 2016
Leading from The Middle Academy from the Research and Planning Group; 2016
Planning Institute I from the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP); 2015
Accreditation Visiting Team Member of Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior College; 2014
Assessment Leadership Academy: from Western Association of Schools and College Accrediting Commission for Schools (WASC) Senior College and University Commission; 2011
ACCCA Admin 101 Training; 2010
Schooling by Design, Grant Wiggins; 2009
System Thinking Training, Waters Foundation; 2009
Cognitive Coaching Training; 2008
Social Justice Training; 2007
Examiner Training for Missouri Quality Award, Excellent in Missouri Foundation; 2006
Michigan Administrator Endorsement; 2005
Large-Scale School Improvement, Harvard Institute for School Leadership; 2005
Second Place Winner, Institutional Research Skill Competition, Overseas Chinese Association for Institutional; 2003
Research (OCAIR), Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
All-University Graduate Research and Creative Scholar Award, Western Michigan University; 2000
Tri-Chair, Ca ada College Educational Master Plan Planning Team; 2016
Chair, Ca ada College Assessment Planning; 2016
Chair, Leading from the Middle Academy in charge of creating the professional development framework; 2016
Chair, Ca ada College Transfer Data Group; 2015-Present
Chair, Ca ada College Assessment Advisory Group; 2015-Present
Planning Member, Ca ada College Academic Committee for Equity and Success Inquiry Group; 2015-Present
Chair, Ca ada College Administrative Planning Council; 2003-Present
Reviewer, American Evaluation Association (AEA) annual meeting; 2016
Conference Program Proposal Reviewer, Research and Planning Conference; 2015
Official Member, Research and Planning Group; 2013
Co-chair, St. Louis County Assessment Resources Association; 2008-2010
Examiner Member, Missouri Quality Award, Excellence in Missouri Foundation; 2006
Bias Committee Member, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; 2006-2010
Reviewer, American Evaluation Association (AEA) annual meeting; 2006
Reviewer, American Educational Research Association (AERA) annual meeting; 2004
Facilitator, Tampa Forum, Association for Institutional Research (AIR); 2003
Reviewer, Journal of Evaluation and Program Planning: International Journal; 2003
Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
American Educational Research Association (AERA)
American Evaluation Association (AEA)
Association of Institutional Research (AIR)
Overseas Chinese Association of Institutional Research (OCAIR)
Research and Planning Group (RP)
National Staff Development Council (NSDC)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!