This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Detail oriented and dedicated professional eager to combine Master of Arts in Legal Studies, knowledge of insurance law and strong finance background toward a single professional specialty within your law firm.
- Attained a Master of Arts in Legal Studies degree offering broad knowledge of the law by further expanding comprehension of legal doctrines, concepts and workplace issues.
- Analytical professional with experience in class action review, research and poof of claim filing, along with extreme attention to detail through proof-reading and editing legal documents.
- Strong understanding of workers compensation, surety, property & casualty state statues, and trust requirements for insurer to operate and conduct business in a given state through volunteer experience working with a Corporate Surety Attorney.
- Received National Paralegal Honor Society Award in 2010.
Master of Arts in Legal Studies, AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY, NJ
Accounting Coursework, ESSEX COUNTY COLLEGE, NJ
Accounting Coursework, ST. PETER S COLLEGE, NJ
LexisNexis Legal Research Certificate, Penn Foster, PA
Certificate in Legal Studies, Essex County College, NJ
Treasurers Department Warren, NJ 1996-Present
Treasury Accountant, 2000-Present
- Communicate with portfolio managers of all domestic and foreign custodial accounts and trade settlements to ensure efficient operations with proven experience offering and implementing effective process improvements.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills through oversight of coordination of the statutory audit, year in year out, resolving all possible queries.
- Exemplify extensive knowledge in federal and tax regulations by ensuring compliance with all established standards.
- Reduce discrepancies through excellent investigative skills involving cash transactions, offering innovative resolutions.
- Utilize excellent time management skills by producing financial reports involving debt analysis and other relevant information to senior management in a timely manner.
- Display high level of accuracy and commitment to excellence by successfully managing the transaction process of investment trades, bank loans, corporate actions, interest income, dividends, custody fees and state deposits.
- Provide outstanding customer services utilizing de-escalation techniques and clear communication to resolve internal and external issues.
Accounts Payable Processor, 1999-2000
- Demonstrated broad AP knowledge in the administration of corporate payments and processing, including vendor invoices from receipt through disbursement of payment.
- Utilized extreme attention to detail and record keeping skills by regularly reviewing invoices for appropriate authorizations and sales tax issues, and processing and facilitating the entry of invoices and check request in the system.
- Initiated process improvements and enhancements to policies and procedures within the department through excellent teamwork.
Detail Administrator, 1996-1999
- Commended for accurately managing daily, high-volume check printing processes with confidentiality.
- Decreased discrepancies in accounts payable files and records by strict oversight and comparison of all processed checks against bank registers.
Dun & Bradstreet, Parsippany/Murray Hill, NJ 1992-1996
Sales Accounting Associate, 1994-1996
- Increased overall business growth by tracking sales activity, reporting research to senior management, and resolving any discrepancies.
- Collate accounts of sales staff, travel advances and commission payments, partnering with top sales representatives.
Payroll Data Entry Operator, 1992-1994
- Optimized organizational efficiency by managing large-scale data entry and general ledger work, bookkeeping and basic clerical tasks.
- Entered accurate employee bi-weekly payroll federal and state income tax withholding, benefit deductions and wage garnishments.
- Streamlined operational processes ensuring compliance to internal control policies and procedures.
Lincoln Technical Institute West Orange, NJ 1990-1992
- Displayed excellent multitasking and record keeping skills through compiling payroll data including hours worked, taxes, insurance and other dues to be withheld.
- Prepared computer input forms, entered data into computer files, and computed wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Utilized superior conflict management skills by resolving payroll issues and deescalating employees on a case-by-case basis.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!