This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Highly Credentialed Accounting Leader who seeks to return to a higher education role in Accounting and Financial fields of study, and who commits to driving innovative course design and instruction as a rapidly adaptable team player.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who demonstrates a prior background as an Adjunct Accounting Professor at Xxxxxx Southern College and South Xxxxxx Community College, and who has received GFOA s Better Budget Award since 2012.
- Dedicated Professional who skillfully combines accounting and financial management background to employ use of logic and reasoning and identify key instructional solutions to convey complex concepts in simple terms to students.
- Excellent Communicator who builds beneficial relationships with individuals of various academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, and who previously served as Trustee Emerita for South Xxxxxx State College (1999 2009).
Director of Financial Management
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking Financial Management Department operations, including handling purchasing and budget initiatives for Manatee County s $1-billion budget, as well as providing key information analysis and support for County Administrator and Board of County Commissioners to make sound decisions.
- Lead preparation of the County's annual budget document, along with actively supporting departments and offices in preparing and administering respective budgets, reviewing and analyzing budget requests, and making recommendations, as well as estimating processes and forecasting future revenue and / or critical expenditures.
- Expertly issue $522-million financial debt portfolio while maintaining AA+ and Aa2 bond ratings from Fitch & Moody s.
- Achieve rapid promotion from previously held Deputy Director (2014) and Budget Division Manager (2012 2014) roles.
Administrative Services Director
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward managing an Administrative Services Department encompassing Finance, Purchasing, Human Resources, Facilities, and Information Technology, including cost-effectively assuring budget, financial analysis, and compliance with Department of Health standards at all times to achieve objectives.
Administrator (2009 2011)
- Strategically steered coordination, administration, and management of DeSoto County activities per comprehensive policies, goals, and objectives established by the Board of County Commissioners, including assisting Board in the results-generating development of County-wide policies, procedures, and / or goals that cover all County operations.
- Contributed solid multitasking talents toward providing concurrent administrative support to the Board in implementing directives, ensuring budget preparation and presentation to the Board, and promoting corrective actions.
Administrative Services Director (2003 2009)
- Drove administrative services success by directing a large-scale Administrative Services department encompassing Finance, Purchasing, and Budget, as well as providing internal / administrative functions of DeSoto County government.
- Delivered targeted information analysis and staff support across all departments, the County Administrator, and the Board of County Commissioners to make well-informed financial-, program-, and management-driven decisions.
- Prepared and managed the County s annual budget in alignment with financial budgeting and competitive procurement, along with coordinating grants and contracts management, preparing financial analysis and financial statements, and handling FEMA collections during Hurricane Charley with claims of up to $37 million.
- Proactively supported individuals, partnerships, and corporations during tax season, including accurately preparing financial statements, as well as providing detailed monthly bookkeeping support and continued financial analysis.
- Played a vital role in processing monthly accruals and monthly financials, along with preparing checks, handling comprehensive production documentation and schedules management, and reconciling bank statements.
Adjunct Accounting Professor
- Employed dynamic teaching methodologies designed to facilitate engaging and highly challenging lessons for courses in Accounting Levels I / II, Intermediate Accounting, and Advanced Accounting, as well as Graduate Accounting.
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Bachelor of Science in Finance
Certified Public Accountant State of Xxxxxx (Since 1987)
Charter Global Management Accountant (AICPA) (Since 2012)
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Hiring Agent Name
As a prior Adjunct Accounting Instructor at Xxxxxx Southern College and South Xxxxxx Community College, I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your academic community s success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Full-Cycle Accounting, Financial Operations Management, Financial Systems Development / Implementation, Billion-Dollar Budget Control, Multimillion-Dollar Portfolio Management, Purchasing, and Profit / Loss. As aforementioned, I am also highly skilled in Classroom Instruction, Curriculum Development, Course Development, and Student Relations from my past employment in undergraduate and graduate accounting instruction.
As the current Director of Financial Management for the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners, I expertly lead forward-thinking Financial Management Department operations, including handling purchasing and budget initiatives for Manatee County s $1-billion budget, as well as providing key information analysis and support for the County Administrator and Board of County Commissioners to make sound decisions. During this time, I issue a $522-million financial debt portfolio while maintaining AA+ and Aa2 bond ratings from Fitch & Moody s. I also support departments and offices in preparing and administering respective budgets, reviewing and analyzing budget requests, and estimating processes and forecasting future revenue and / or critical expenditures. Within this role, I have received GFOA s Better Budget Award since 2012.
To complement this experience, please note that I earned a Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, and Bachelor of Science in Finance from Xxxxxx Southern College. I have been recognized as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Xxxxxx since 1987, and as a Charter Global Management Accountant (CGMA) since 2012.
[ Suggestion! Optional! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting. REMOVE this before sending]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please kindly refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your institution s instructional goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!