This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Dedicated Teacher eager to contribute over 10 years of experience to an Elementary Education opportunity.
- Recognized for ability to simplify complex concepts and design innovative strategies to promote student growth and development.
- Regarded for strength in science and mathematics; skilled in identifying individual needs and developing specialized action plans.
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French and German languages.
Dr. Martin Luther King Elementary School, Muskegon Heights, MI 2013-2015
Resource Teacher, 2nd-6th Grades
- Thoroughly assessed students and developed individualized plans to promote growth and development.
- Monitored student progress; maintained open lines of communication with parents to relay pertinent information.
- Continually developed and implemented measurable objectives and IEP goals.
- Utilized tools, including thinking maps and multiple forms of multi-media, to encourage student engagement.
- Leverage positive reinforcement strategies throughout daily interactions with students.
- Administered MSTEP and Educational Performance Series tests.
Muskegon Heights High School Academy, Muskegon Heights, MI 2012-2013
Resource Teacher, 7th-12th Grades
- Developed highly effective curriculum and maintained caseload for 30+ students in grades 7-12.
- Identified individual weaknesses and implemented action plans to promote growth; monitored student progress and set measurable goals.
- Streamlined existing special educating filing processes; resulting in increased efficiency.
- Implemented innovative strategies to increase student engagement; utilized various pieces of literature and culturally appropriate multi-media.
Professional Educational Services Group 2008-2011
Substitute Teacher, Fifth Grade Teacher
- Fulfilled short term and long term substitute teaching roles for various grades.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, along with an ability to adapt quickly and remain flexible.
Bingham Farms Elementary School, Bingham Farms, MI 2010
Resource Room, 4th and 5th Grades
- Recognized for development of innovative strategies continually promoting student growth; created a mnemonic rap to improve fluency and spelling, as well as multiple choice vocabulary activities based on classroom basal stories.
- Simplified complex math concepts.
Bingham Farms Elementary School, Bingham Farms, MI 2009
Teacher, 3rd and 4th Grades
- Designed motivating, engaging curriculum to increase student knowledge.
- Originated cloze activity with cut and paste science vocabulary, employed first, then picture cue strategies and used craft materials for life skill lessons.
Hamlin Elementary School, Rochester, M 2008
Teacher, K-5th Grades
- Successfully completed a learning disabilities practicum; simplified complex reading concepts to promote overall growth.
- Maintained open lines of communication with team of teachers and parents.
Academic Success Services, Clinton Township, MI 1996-2010
- Provided academic support to students ranging from kindergarten through grade 12 on various subjects, including foreign language, writing and math.
- Utilized innovative tactics to assist students with letter formation, test preparation and memorization.
Martin Luther King Educational Center and Academy; Detroit, MI 2001-2002
Self Contained/Co Teacher, 2nd Grade, Science Teacher, 5th Grade
- Gained valuable exposure to effective teaching strategies; incorporated sensory materials throughout lesson plans.
- Developed effective curriculum to promote student growth.
Master of Arts in Special Education with LD Endorsement, Oakland University, Rochester, MI; 2008
Master of Arts in Curriculum and Teaching, Michigan State University, Birmingham, MI; 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Minors in Earth Science and Environmental Science,
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI; 1995
National LDA Member; 2017
Michael Golds AD/HD Conference, Oakland Community College; 2011
Strategic Co-Teaching K-12 Seminar; 2011
Michigan Reading Association Conferences; 2010
Learning Disabilities Association Conference; 2009
CIMS Training; 2008
Member, CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deﬁcit Disorder); 2007
MRA (Michigan Reading Association) Member; 2009-2012
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!