This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Community Leadership | Civic Engagement | Fiscal Planning | Fundraising | Operational Coordination | Problem Solving
Program Management & Evaluation | Strategic Planning | Community Relations & Advocacy | Relationship Building
Cultural Competence | Interpersonal Communication | Policy Development | Technical Proposals | Presentation Skills
Organization | Time Management | Cross-Functional Team Leadership | Staff & Student Development
Program Design & Implementation | Public Speaking | French Fluency, Intermediate Spanish
Creative, innovative and highly driven professional with a demonstrated history of delivering sound leadership over the course of diverse, impressive career. Decisive, visible and credible with a reputation across local, state, regional and national levels for passion, consistency and dedication for serving at-risk youth and helping them to achieve both success and measurable results. Adept as it relates to both student and personnel development, along with recruitment, management, administration, community/workforce development, outreach and other vital leadership functions. Experience in Job Corps spans over 19 years with a primary focus on education and community advocacy. Consistently motivated to delivering aid to those in need of help realizing their full individual potential. Seeking a relocation to the Midwestern region that will allow for heightened ability to serve the greater good in a full-time leadership role within a university or nonprofit working environment.
Drive leadership across all daily functions for the Denver Workforce Center
Duties include both WIOA and TANF facilitation within Denver County
- Called on example-focused leadership to oversee operations, administration and management for the Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center
- Led program development and implementation efforts, including establishing budgets, enforcing program accountability and fueling compliance with all corporate, regional and federal standards
- Managed students and staff by developing and delivering training consistent with the vision of the National Directors
- Made certain that center personnel stayed fully devolved to driving employer and community partnerships that afforded each student an opportunity to gain needed skills for self-sufficiency
- Delivered both support and direction to the Center to foster a safe living and learning environment conducive to learning
- Worked diligently as a member of the Xxxxxx County Workforce Investment Board during tenure in role
- Spearheaded Center operational efforts, as well as general administration and management duties
- Developed and executed programs and all related budget priorities and regulatory compliance measures
- Directed employee training and student development program efforts
- Ensured that the Center was a key player within the workforce community in both Florida and the Atlanta region
- Served as an engaged member of the Florida Consortium; contributed ideas and became inspired by meeting content
- Offered sound leadership and expertise to Center leadership teams; done by setting forth highly effective, specific training and professional development plans to support the Center s many team members.
- Partook in the design and execution of program models, which included improvements to crucial systems, processes and procedures
- Acted as a vital resource and trusted subject matter expert during project development and the assessment of performance activities for efficacy
- Devised policies that were anchored by contract compliance
- Acted as an effective intermediary with the U.S. Department of Labor and various subcontractors as it pertained to matters regarding Job Corps functions
- Delivered comprehensive technical assistance and direct DESI Corporate management of three Job Corps Centers across varied programmatic areas; also developed DESI operating procedures and position descriptions
- Played a key role in proposal development efforts by crafting effectual program concepts that incorporated innovation, procedural enhancement and technical writing
Interim Center Director-Jacksonville Job Corps Center, Dynamic Educational Systems, Inc. (DESI)
Deputy Center Director-Grand Rapids Job Corps Center, MINACT, Inc.
Manager of Development-Operations Analyst, St. Louis Job Corps Center
Business Community Liaison, St. Louis Job Corps Center
Student Affairs and Leadership Coordinator/ EEO, St. Louis Job Corps Center
Counselor/Leadership Advisor-Flint/Genesee Job Corps Center, Vinnel Corporation
Neighborhood Stability Officer, Flint Neighborhood Coalition
Youth Advocate, Flint Board of Education Intern
Master of Science, Management, Minot State University
Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, Minor Sociology, University of Michigan-Flint
Associate s Degree, General Studies, Mott Community College
Certified Master Trainer, National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
Certified Council on Occupational Education, Team Leader Training, Self-Study Workshop
Certificate, Malcolm Baldrige Business Solutions
Certificate, Entrepreneurial Studies/Licensed Entrepreneur
American Red Cross | United Way of Greater Xxxxxx | FEMA: Department of Homeland Security
Armed Forces Consortium XXXXXX | Civil Rights Commission Equal Work Equal Pay Task Force | U.S. Student Senate
Southern Xxxxxx Homebuilders Alliance SAHBA | Xxxxxx County Urban League | Xxxxxx County Workforce Investment Board
Native American Chamber of Commerce | Mexican- American Chamber of Commerce | Black Chamber of Commerce
Chicanos Por La Casa | Appointed, U.S. Congressmen Ron Barber s Women s Council | Walk out of Poverty
Volunteer Contributor Martin Luther King Non-Violence Coalition | Job Corps Executive Management Program
Founder, FEMA Department of Homeland Security DHS Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships
Appointed, City of Xxxxxx Climate Change Committee
Award Recognition, FBI-LULAC Excellence in Community Service Award for 2015
Congressional Fellowship, Job Corps Executive Management Program (1st class)
Award Recognition, International Conference of Police Chaplains Gang Task Force Special Unit
Award Recognition, One of the Most Influential African American in Southern XXXXXX, Vanguard Magxxxxxxine (four successive years)
Service Award, Fifth Ward Councilmen, City of Xxxxxx/Richard G. Frimbris
Service Award, United Urban Indian Community, Native American Chamber of Commerce.
Service Award, Outstanding Service to the Community, Former U.S. Congresswoman: Gabrielle Giffords
10186 E Desert Paradise PL | Xxxxxx, XXXXXX xxxxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx | firstname.lastname@example.org
March 16, 2018
Hiring Agent Name
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
I bring to any role years of proven success, primarily in the community engagement sector. I hope to put the skills I ve sharpened over the years to use in a challenging, engaging new setting in the Flint metro, my home. My experiences thus far have sharpened my interpersonal and relationship building competencies, as well as my ability to connect positively with community members, colleagues and other important stakeholders at all levels.
As a professional, I am able to excel in fast-paced settings that call for adaptability. I work well as both an independent achiever and valued team member to lend to seamless operations. My focus over the years has consistently been to provide opportunity for people to reach their highest potential through education and training.
For over 25 years, I ve been involved in education, community service and change agencies operations, including 18 years working at Job Corps Centers. This type of servant leadership work has refined my strengths in communication, public speaking, people development, recruitment, supervision, administration and workforce development, among others.
To complement my background, I earned an M.S. in Management, a B.S. in Criminal Justice with a minor in Sociology, and certifications as a Master Trainer, Employment Coach, Counselor and Licensed Entrepreneur.
Additionally, I have earned a multitude of awards and accolades. I am presently the recipient of the 2015 FBI-LULAC Excellence in Community Service Award and am a newly-appointed member of a U.S. Congressman s Woman s Advisory Committee.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!