This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Accomplished Leader eager to contribute 25 years of sterile processing experience to a progressive management or executive level role.
- Demonstrated abilities to spearhead process improvement initiatives, resulting in maximized efficiency throughout daily operations.
- Proven ability to maintain regulatory compliance within multiple sterile processing departments.
- Easily adaptable with a keen ability to thrive in both individual and group environments.
- Dynamic interpersonal communication skills instrumental to leading highly productive teams of 10+ direct reports.
St Mary and Elizabeth Hospital-Chicago, IL 2015-Present
Manager, Sterile Processing Department
- Received merit based promotion due to demonstration of strong leadership and process improvement abilities.
- Chief responsibilities include surgical instrument inventory control and maintenance, as well as verifying accuracy throughout all documentation.
- Maintain adherence to JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN and department of health regulations.
- Heavily involved in team onboarding, including interviewing, hiring and training, critical to optimizing productivity.
- Conduct thorough performance assessments and develop needs based action plans for staff weaknesses.
- Streamlined multiple departments into single sterile processing department.
- Deployed a highly effective case cart system; leading to increased efficiency throughout processing and locating surgical trays and instruments.
Mount Sinai Hospital-Chicago, IL 2014-2015
Assistant Manager, Sterile Processing Department
- Proactively provide management to 10+ direct reports.
- Successfully generate and analyze quality reports and staffing requirements.
- Efficiently process and distribute sterile equipment and supplies.
- Actively accountable for sterilization monitoring.
- Collaboratively communicate with Operating Room team to proactively anticipate needs.
- Responsible for handling department risk and safety issues.
- Cooperate with staff to concisely create goals, projections and progress updates.
Hines Veterans Affairs Medical Center-Hines, IL 2009-2014
Central Processing Technician
- Effectively performed daily equipment maintenance, including decontaminating, assembling, wrapping and sterilizing instruments and trays.
- Created and implemented training processes instrumental to department success.
- Resourcefully redesigned and standardized supplies for OR and SPS departments.
- Ensured compliance adherence among record keeping.
- Acted as manager to exhibit sound judgment calls and coordinate staff activities when necessary.
Medstaff Alternative 2000-2009
- Efficiently supported surgeons to ensure safe invasive surgical procedures, functional equipment and controlled operative conditions.
- Responsible for assembling sterile and non-sterile utensils for operation preparation.
- Actively aided in patient surgical preparation.
Cook County Hospital 1994-2000
- Provided necessary support to ENT and Plastic Surgery team leader during therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Successfully aided in wound suturing, applying dressing, handling tissue and cutting stitches.
- Proactively prepared surgical room for procedures including sterilization of equipment.
- Tended to pre and post operative patients including disinfecting incision sites and shaving.
- Trained and mentored new surgical technicians and nurses.
U.S. Air Force 1985-1992
- Efficiently prepared sterile dressings and closed incisions.
Master in Health Service Management, Keller School of Management, Naperville, IL; 2013
Bachelor in Health Service Management, DeVry University- Naperville, IL; 2012
Member. ACHE (American College of Healthcare Executive)
Member. IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!