This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Leveraging extensive knowledge of financial principles to deliver comprehensive accounting support in a service driven environment.
Dynamic, qualified and highly ethical Financial Professional with extensive experience in all aspects of financial management, including general ledger accounting, record and systems automation, financial reconciliations and month-end closing. Highly adept in preparation of audits and financial statements, process improvements and financial analysis. Self-motivated leader with outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills. Innate ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues, communicating effectively with management and staff. Adapt at ensuring a seamless transition during financial change while succeeding in high-pressure, challenging and deadline-driven environments.
Results-driven and focused, experienced in analyzing data, resolving problems and providing superb accounting skills while handling sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism. Effectively collaborating with multiple colleagues and department heads to resolve issues and improve the organization s bottom line. Currently seeking to leverage transitional skill sets to secure a challenging a rewarding opportunity with a corporation who is poised for growth.
Technological Proficiencies: Windows, Microsoft Office, Hyperion and related software applications
Additional Core Competencies
Accomplishments and Achievements
r Recently recruited to serve as Site Capital Coordinator on key client contract
o Steer monthly capital project meetings focused on reviewing and discussing project status, completion dates, overages, and action items related to capital project lifecycle.
r Developed and implemented innovative financial systems and procedures specifically designed decrease corporate expenditures:
- Automated travel and expense reimbursement program
- Automated monthly GL account reconciliation system
- Automated purchase order module
r Utilized Hyperion to dramatically reduce the Financial Operations processing time for month-end closing by >12 hours.
Technical Staffing Resources/KBR Inc., Newark, DE 2015-Present
Site Capital Coordinator-contracted to Chemours, Inc.-Deepwater, NJ
- Proficiently prepare complex forecasts of capital outlay revenues and appropriations supporting Annual Capital Plan; additionally prepare monthly Capital Preliminary Spend Report along with reports related to plant s capital construction program.
- Efficiently maintain detailed project accounts in compliance with law for capital outlay projects.
- Coordinate project accounting and related budgets to efficiently support New Construction and Maintenance Facilities.
- Effectively analyze and research variances between Monthly Project Report and General Ledger.
- Collaborate in strategically budgeting construction projects to maximize use of resources, control costs and optimize profits; closely monitor capital budgets.
- Compile and produce quality construction and engineering work order reports.
JP Morgan Chase, Wilmington, DE 2013-2015
- Analyzed multiple databases to ensure representations of payments aligned and deposits were aptly accounted for.
- Served as Reconciliation Subject Matter Expert (SME), analyzing and reconciling General Ledger activity, complex billing and aged item discrepancies as they occurred.
- Ensured cash amounts in accounting ledgers agreed with bank balances and all corporate guidelines and policies around cash processes were adequate and effective to prevent significant errors in cash balance calculation.
- Managed multiple General Ledger subsidiary suspense accounts and exhibited a thorough understanding of appropriate balances.
- Effectively liaised with senior and mid-level management, internal/external business partners and staff.
- Held ownership for timely research and resolution of issues needing follow up and resolution.
Canon Financial Services, Inc., Mt. Laurel, NJ 2005-2011
- Accurately maintained general ledger reconciliations and verifications with monthly average balances of >$1M.
- Maintained an active role in various ad-hoc projects designed to effectively automate processes and procedures within the accounting department, ultimately resulting in substantial financial savings.
- Prepared on-time general ledger entries, balanced monthly schedules, and completed month-end GL entries.
- Oversaw and maintained monthly funding of >$5M in maintenance fees for Canon subsidiaries and independent dealerships.
Discover Financial Services, Inc., New Castle, DE 1997-2005
- Maintained full-scope responsibility for Financial Operations month-end close, including general ledger entries preparation, monthly balancing of schedules, and month-end ledger account variance analysis; completed general ledger reconciliations and verifications.
- Ensured compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and increased efficiency by creating, updating and auditing departmental policies and procedures.
- Mapped promotional offers and to GL to actively support sales and marketing efforts.
Wilmington University, New Castle, DE
Bachelor of Science (BS) Business Management
Magna cum laude
Member of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!