This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Student-Centered Coach who offers a proven record of achieving winning career outcomes by consistently boosting confidence, performance, and motivation in individuals and team athletes, and who exhibits a passion for recruiting in the best interest of the program with a solid background of skill development with NBA and international players.
- Excellent Communicator who builds dynamic relationships with administrators, athletic department leaders, students, parents / guardians, and the community, and who contributes strong recruiting ties to AAU coaches, high school coaches, JC coaches, and sports agents while promoting professionalism and personal integrity in student-athletes.
- Visionary Self-Starter who boasts of stellar fundraising, budget control, key scheduling, and time management abilities.
Assistant Men s Basketball Coach
Achieved 1st Championship Since Joining the BWC ￨ BWC Tournament Champions (#1 Seed)
1st Seed to Win Conference Tournament Since 2012 ￨ 1st Appearance Since 2002 When Hawai i was in WAC
Big West Conference Champions (BWC) ￨ 13-3 Record (8-1 On the Road Most Ever Road Wins in Program History)
- Utilize broad scope of industry knowledge, leadership acumen, and student-athlete development talents toward helping the program to the best overall record in program history (28-6) and most wins in Big West Conference (BWC) history.
- Proactively recruit players throughout California, Maryland, Texas, Indiana, Washington, D.C., Florida, and Atlanta, GA, as well as in Canada and Europe, and manage groundbreaking scholastic, athletic, and personal growth efforts to allow program to win first-ever NCAA Tournament Game vs. Cal to advance to the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Serve as Defensive Coordinator with conference-wide results of #3 in Scoring Defense, #2 in Field Goal Percentage Defense, #3 in Three-Point Percent Defense, #1 in Rebounding Defense, #2 in Blocks, and #1 in Steals.
- Direct synergistic player development initiatives for top-performing players such as Stefan Jankovic (Player of the Year, USBWA All-District IX) and Aaron Valdes (Conference Tournament MVP).
Finished 18-8 in Second Season with a 9-0 Start ￨ Finished 3rd in Conference
Achieved One of the Highest Cumulative GPAs in the Athletic Department 2.8 GPA
Finished Conference Tied for 5th Place in 1st Year ￨ 5 Players Named to Academic Gold Team
Team Finished 3rd in the State in Points Allowed ￨ Boasted 4 All-Academic Gold Team Members
Received 11th Seed Spot in Playoffs ￨ Advanced to Sweet 16 in the Playoffs ￨ Beat 6th Seed on the Road
- Recruited as Head Coach in 2013 following a previous season s program suspension, and worked to turn around athletic and academic challenges by leading student-athletes to achieve success while fundraising $2,500+ in first season.
- Led 3 players to receive full athletic scholarships to 4-year universities and 1 player selected as 2nd Team All-Conference.
Associate Head Men s Basketball Coach (2010 2013)
Achieved 2nd Highest GPA Among 20 Athletic Teams at Citrus College
2010 California Junior College Final Four (29-3) ￨ Overall Career Record (92-9)
2010 State Champions Runner-Up ￨ Ranked #1 in State and #5 in Nation (25-1 Record)
Helped Win 4th Conference Championship with a 12-0 Record ￨ Achieved 2nd #1 Seed Heading into Playoffs
- Led targeted recruitment efforts to gather the best student athletes in the state, including advancing 8 sophomores to universities with full scholarships, as well as advancing 30+ players to 4-year schools with scholarships.
- Managed key budgeting and game scheduling while handling all facets of player development.
Assistant Men s Basketball Ball Coach ￨ Physical Education Instructor (2009 2010)
Best Winning % in School History ￨ Most Wins in Last 3 Seasons (92-9) of Any California Junior College
Achieved 2nd Highest GPA Among 20 Athletic Teams ￨ Advanced 30+ Players to 4-Year Schools with Scholarships
2009 California Junior College Sweet 16 (28-5) ￨ Conference Champions (12-0 Record) ￨ Overall Career Record 63-6
- Strategically steered development of practice plans and drove player recruitment and player development efforts to achieve success, including developing players that moved on to Kansas State, U.C.I., BYU Hawai i, Hawai i, Washington State, Portland State, Concordia University, St. Mary s, CSU-SB, Humboldt State, Utah Valley, and Chaminade University.
- Spearheaded results-generating educational components for 100% graduation rates, including conceptualizing, developing, and implementing a popular study hall and grade monitoring program to attain high college-wide GPAs.
Assistant Men s Basketball Ball Coach (2007 2008)
2008 State Champions ￨ Conference Champions (12-0 Record) ￨ Season Record 35-1
- Played a vital role in building a champion-caliber team with 5 sophomores receiving full scholarships to 4-year universities, as well as exhibiting experience in recruiting top-notch players to contribute to the team s core success.
- Scouted and prepared game plans for upcoming opponents, and handled tasks in skill development and offensive coordination, as well as comprehensive strength and conditioning and player development.
Additional Experience as Youth Programs Coordinator for Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Sparks; Details Upon Request
Master of Arts in Coaching & Athletic Administration Concordia University, Irvine, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Human Service Management University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Associate of Arts in Human Service San Bernardino Valley College, San Bernardina, CA
Portugal Team Marinhense
Led League in Scoring 24.5ppg ￨ Led Team to 1st Ever Winning Record 27-13 ￨ 1st Team in All-League Selection
(ABA) Detroit Wheels
Led League in Scoring 25ppg ￨ 1st Team All-League Player
(CBA) Pittsburgh Xplosion
Top 10 Scorer 22ppg ￨ Led Team to 1st Ever Playoff Appearance
1st Team All-League ￨ Played Alongside Late, Great Armen Gilliam
Double-Digit Scoring Performance in Several Major Games, including Maui International Games
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Hiring Agent Name
I am seeking a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and am submitting my resume for your review.
I am excited to build a rewarding career with your school, and am confident that my broad range of coaching skills, academic credentials, and industry training can help to achieve your goals. I can offer solid experience in Player Recruitment Processes, Sports Program Turnarounds, Multifaceted Player Development, Offensive / Defensive Coordination, Strength / Conditioning, and Student Mentoring, and am well-versed in Program Design / Development, Time Management, Game Scheduling, Practice Coordination, Program Fundraising, Budget Control, and Agent Communications, among other areas.
To complement my background, please note that I attained a Master of Arts in Coaching & Athletic Administration from Concordia University, a Bachelor of Arts in Human Service Management from the University of Phoenix, and an Associate of Arts in Human Service from San Bernardino Valley College.
Currently, as an Assistant Men s Basketball Coach for the University of Hawai i, I proactively recruit players throughout California, Maryland, Texas, Indiana, Washington, D.C., Florida, and Atlanta, GA, as well as in Canada and Europe, and manage groundbreaking scholastic, athletic, and personal growth initiatives that allowed the program to win its first-ever NCAA Tournament Game vs. Cal to advance to the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament. Within this role, I helped the program to the best overall record in the program history (28-6) and the most wins in Big West Conference (BWC) history. I have also directed synergistic player development efforts for top-performing players such as Stefan Jankovic (Player of the Year, USBWA All-District IX) and Aaron Valdes (Conference Tournament MVP).
A sampling of my achievements included:
Recognition as Big West Conference (BWC) Champions and BWC Tournament Champions (#1 Seed)
Winning 1st Championship Since Joining the BWC and 13-3 Record (8-1 On the Road Most Ever Road Wins)
1st Seed to Win Conference Tournament Since 2012 and 1st Appearance Since 2002 When Hawai i was in WAC
Serving as Defensive Coordinator with conference-wide results of #3 in Scoring Defense, #2 in Field Goal Percentage Defense, #3 in Three-Point Percent Defense, #1 in Rebounding Defense, #2 in Blocks, and #1 in Steals
[ Suggestion! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting ]. As this is just a sample of my job history, please refer to my enclosed resume for additional coaching and leadership experience.
I look forward to hearing from you, as I believe the sum of these aforementioned reasons will prove me to be an incredible asset to your school. Thank you in advance for your careful consideration.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!