This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Over 10 years of experience providing top notch administrative support and increasing efficiency within fast-paced medical offices.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail; skilled in maintaining accurate patient records and completing medical billing tasks.
- Dynamic interpersonal communication skills, key to forming positive relationships with patients.
- Linguistic fluency in Spanish and English.
Navigator / McKesson
Horizon Behavioral Health, Lynchburg, VA 2017-2018
Admission Health Unit Coordinator
- Utilized strong healthcare knowledge to contribute to management of admission operations.
- Demonstrated a strong attention to detail while reviewing / verifying insurance information, conducting in-depth patient interviews and educating individuals on admission criteria.
- Responsible for requesting completed HPR1 and ASAM scores / prescreens.
- Collaborated extensively with multi-disciplinary team to ensure top quality patient care and determine eligibility.
- Made knowledge-based recommendations on additional programs / institutions for rejected patients.
- Closely reviewed documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintained strict adherence to all company policies and procedures, as well as HIPAA regulations.
- Performed various administrative tasks, including office supply management, call management and record maintenance.
Optum / United Healthcare 2015-2017
Bilingual Associate Clinical Coordinator
- Utilized bilingual capabilities and organizational skills to successfully facilitate home visits in a fast paced, outbound/inbound call center environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal abilities; provide excellent customer service and resolve inquiries.
- Ensured compliance to company policies and HIPPA guidelines throughout all daily operations.
- Thoroughly reviewed member data and scheduling information for accuracy.
Children National Medical Center, Washington, DC 2012-2015
Unit Communications Associate (2013-2015)
- Performed various administrative tasks in a fast-paced medical office, with associated duties including call management, providing service to patients and scheduling procedures/diagnostic testing.
- Maintained accurate patient records; ensured patient privacy and adherence to HIPPA regulations.
Core II (2012-2013)
- Exemplified top notch customer service skills; formed positive relationships with patients and families.
- Productively collaborated with physicians and medical staff to optimize performance across patient follow-up, emergencies and chart management.
- Utilized a strong attention to detail to thoroughly review and verify insurance information.
Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, MD 2000-2012
Financial Counselor (2004-2005)
- Formed positive relationships with patients; used industry knowledge to establish rapport and resolve inquiries regarding financial aid applications, billing, debt recovery and payment plans.
- Strategically identified and resolved discrepancies throughout billing processes.
- Kept accurate patient records; input updated personal and insurance information.
Holy Cross Hospital (Continued)
Insurance Credit Collection Clerk (2003-2004)
- Maintained open lines of communication between patients, third party payers, billing/collection staff and various other organizations.
- Thoroughly investigated complaints and issues; rapidly settled disputes.
Additional Title Held: Health Unit Coordinator (2002-2015); Admissions Department (2000-2005)
Associates in Cardiology, P.A., Silver Spring, MD 2005-2008
Medical Billing Clerk
- Associated duties included medical billing, invoice processing and maintaining adherence to ICD-9/CPT codes, healthcare regulations and HIPPA guidelines.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with patients; resolved inquiries and resolved discrepancies in a rapid fashion.
Medical Billing Course; Health Unit Coordinator Certification Program; 2006
Coursework Completed, Montgomery Community College, Wheaton, MD
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!