This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Healthcare Facility Operations ￨ Team Building / Leadership ￨ Training / In-Services ￨ Xxxxxxtient Relations ￨ Key Process Optimization
Program Management ￨ Strategic Analysis / Planning ￨ Trends Tracking ￨ Cost-Reducing Initiatives ￨ Quality / Safety Assurance
Multimillion-Dollar Budget Control ￨ Human Resources ￨ Best Practices ￨ Union Negotiations ￨ Compliance ￨ Change Management
- Dynamic Healthcare Executive who directs the delivery of responsible xxxxxxtient care for all ages based on industry and / or facility standards of practices, and who offers emphasis on a professional model of care, evidenced-based practices, interdisciplinary and collaborative practices while driving knowledge, innovation, and improvements in core healthcare.
- Visionary Professional who contributes experience in large-scale healthcare facility optimization, including developing and implementing forward-thinking programs, policies, and processes to achieve continued high-quality care, as well as creating an intuitive, cost-conscious environment that translates the institute s and / or unit s key vision and philosophy.
- Excellent Communicator who builds synergistic relationships with healthcare teams, xxxxxxtients, and families, and who exhibits up-to-date knowledge of national care management trends and critical statistics while fostering an environment that promotes transformational leadership, structural empowerment, and an exemplary professional practice at all times.
Empirical Quality Results
VAP 9% Since June 2010
Hand Hygiene 100% Since December 2012
Falls Current Month 1.35 / 1,000 Xxxxxxtient Days
CLABSI 0% Since 2012; CLAUTIs 0% August and September 2013
Xxxxxxtient Satisfaction Consistently at 99th Percentile for Press Ganey Survey
Educated Team Coordinators and Charge Nurses on how to effectively staff down with census.
Reduced overtime percentage by 50%+ over 7 months (10% in July 2011 to 5.5% in February 2012; 4.9% YTD).
Identified xxxxxxtient status update issue; revived negative flex budget of $2.2 million (July 2011) to positive YTD balance.
Unit & Team Awards
Geisinger Team Award (Q3 2012)
Nurse Excellence Award (2011, 2012)
AACN Beacon Silver Award (2012 2015)
Team Member Employee of the Month Award (April 2012, May 2012, July 2012)
Associate Vice President Nursing Services (2014 Present)
- Capitalize on the opportunity to direct forward-thinking operations and ongoing development and enhancement of GCMC s and GWV s professional practice model, including collaborating with leadership teams on inxxxxxxtient nursing areas, vascular access teams, and centralized monitoring program to meet and / or exceed medical center objectives.
- Coordinate and manage all nursing clinical practice, employee relations, GCMC nursing budget, associated regulatory activities, quality and safety of the nursing practice, xxxxxxtient care performance, and key Magnet standards integration.
- Serve as a catalyst for change and innovation, including energizing others to embrace change and championing transformation, as well as facilitating continuing education and research opportunities for employees to support growth.
- Continually enhance skills of team members in targeted decision-making, problem-solving, conflict resolution, human resource management, communications, and leadership while building labor management relationships with bargaining unit and adhering to collective bargaining agreement and xxxxxxrticixxxxxxtion in negotiations and labor meetings.
- Develop, implement, and promote service standards that foster a customer-sensitive environment, including facilitating staff management of xxxxxxtients and customer-related issues which is instrumental in driving quality care.
Personally managed the Regional Vascular Access Nursing Program.
Served as clinical lead for planning and opening of an 18-bed ICU unit.
Successfully reorganized and rebuilt the Nursing Operations Manager team.
Served as role model and mentor for new nursing leaders at GCMC and GWV.
Led initiatives to reduce fall rates by 50%; October 2013 = 4.26 and February 2017 = 1.78.
Served as clinical lead for planning, construction, and opening of a 10-bed EMU / Neurology Unit.
Led process to build a Nursing Leadership bench to assure leadership accountability was achieved.
Coached Operations Manager in shared governance, professional practice model, and evidence-based practice.
Spearheaded vision for exceptional nursing quality outcomes and supported evidence-based practice for KQIs.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Xxxxxxge Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Operations Manager Acuity Adaptable Critical Care Unit (HfAM7) (2011 2014)
Operations Manager eICU RN Staff (2012 2014)
- Strategically steered staff transition from traditional Cardiac Intensive Care Unit model of care to current Acuity Adaptable model of care, including creating structures within shared governance for nurses to imxxxxxxct peers quality.
- Collaborated with teams to integrate unit quality improvement processes with the Geisinger Quality Institute training.
- Solidified shared governance model by incorporating emerging leaders regardless of years of experience, including attaining recognition of CEPII as the best educational leader for unit to promote continued excellence among challenges.
- Created an environment driven by evidenced-based practices for shared governance practice councils to review evidence to support processes and projects, including reviewing unit policies and standards to meet core expectations.
- Instituted eICU / ICU high-fidelity simulation competencies to develop communications, clinical-decision making, and xxxxxxtient safety and reducing annual competency costs while assisting in implementing bedside rounding guidelines.
- Implemented IHI recommendation on huddles utilizing GQI quality improvement processes, including discovering innovative methods to staff appropriately and efficiently in the acuity adaptable model of care to exceed objectives.
Improved staff certification from 27% to 42% currently certified.
Collaborated with CNS and CEPII to develop Nurse Residency program for new staff.
Reorganized CEP structure to reflect PRIDE initiative and reduced CEPs from 7 to 4.
Increased staffing in eICU by 50% by creating a beneficial rotational staffing option.
Increased evidence-based practice and bedside research by collaborating with CNS.
Reduced CLABSI rate from 6.54 per 1,000 central line days (Q1 2012) to 0 CLABSI (Q2 2013).
Mentored Team Coordinators via leadership training, examples, retreats, and 1:1 meetings.
Initiated a successful Champions Team for Nurse Sensitive Indicators (i.e. Fall, Skin, CAUTI, Hand Hygiene).
Developed Scrub the Hub clocks to decrease central line infections; the initiative now used hospital-wide.
Successfully implemented CQC (Collaborative Quality Council) a forum for all shared governance leaders to communicate and meet the demands of the unit and improve xxxxxxtient outcomes.
Implemented Quality Improvement processes into all shared governance councils to assist staff in identifying problems and used quality improvement techniques to solve issues.
Team Coordinator Acuity Adaptable Critical Care Unit (HfAM7) (2010 2011) ￨ Staff RN CEP I Cardiac ICU (2002 2010)
Educational Resource Specialist (1999 2002) ￨ Staff RN II ICU ￨ CCU (1995 1999)
Doctorate of Nursing (2015) Carlow University, Pittsburgh, XXXXXX
Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner (1999) Xxxxxxce University, Pleasantville, NY
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1995) Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Science (1993) Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Nurse Executive Advanced Board Certified (NEA-BC)
Change Management Certification Prosci (2015) ￨ High Potential Leadership Program Geisinger Health System (2014)
SCONL Nurse Manager Renewal Workshop The Rich Leadership Academy for Healthcare Excellence (2012)
Discovering & Enhancing Your Teams Potential: Enhancing Your Leadership Geisinger Leadership Institute (2011)
AACN Nurse Manager Priorities, Las Vegas, NV (2011) ￨ ANA Staffing Innovations Conference, Washington, D.C. (2013)
American Nurses Association ￨ American Association of Critical Care Nurses ￨ American Organizational of Nurse Executives
Edelstein, T. et al. Transformation of ICU and tele-ICU annual competencies. Nursing Management. 2015; 46(10), 8-13.
Edelstein, T. et al. Accepted for NTI 2014 Denver, (2014, May), Abstract ID 00068966, Verification ID: 176166 (podium presentation). Simulation: A Step Forward in Annual Competency Assessment to Promote ICU/Tele-ICU collaboration.
Edelstein, T. et al. Building caxxxxxxcity for sustained improvement in Acuity Adaptable Critical Care Unit: focused applied coaching. Poster Presentation, 2013 Xxxxxxtient Safety and Quality Improvement Conference, Geisinger Medical Center.
Edelstein, T. et al. Accepted for IHI Conference (poster presentation), Orlando (2013, December). Building caxxxxxxcity for sustained improvement in Acuity Adaptable Critical Care Unit: focused applied coaching.
Edelstein, T. et al. (2012, October). Novice to expert: bridging the gap. Virtual Poster presentation, 2012 Magnet Conference.
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Healthcare Facility Operations Management, Evidence-Based Practice Management, Team Building / Leadership, Training / In-Services, Program Development / Management, Structural Empowerment, Strategic Analysis / Planning, Trends Tracking, Xxxxxxtient Relations, Process Optimization, and Quality / Safety Assurance. I am also highly skilled in Transformational Leadership, Multimillion-Dollar Budget Control, Cost-Reducing Initiatives, Union Negotiations, Change Management, and Compliance, among other areas.
Currently, as the Associate Vice President of Nursing Services for Geisinger Community Medical Center, I expertly direct forward-thinking operations and ongoing development and enhancement of GCMC s and GWV s professional practice model, including collaborating with leadership teams on inxxxxxxtient nursing areas, vascular access teams, and centralized monitoring program. Within this role, I successfully coordinate and manage the nursing clinical practice, employee relations, GCMC nursing budget, associated regulatory activities, quality and safety of the nursing practice, xxxxxxtient care performance, and key Magnet standards integration. I also serve as a catalyst for change and innovation, including energizing others to embrace change and championing transformation, as well as facilitating continuing education and research opportunities for employees. Furthermore, I develop, implement, and promote service standards that foster a customer-sensitive environment, including facilitating staff management of xxxxxxtients and customer-related issues which is instrumental in driving quality care.
A sampling of my achievements include:
Serving as clinical lead for planning and opening of an 18-bed ICU unit.
Leading initiatives to reduce fall rates by 50%; October 2013 = 4.26 and February 2017 = 1.78.
Serving as the clinical lead for planning, construction, and opening of a 10-bed EMU / Neurology Unit.
Leading a process to build a Nursing Leadership bench to assure leadership accountability was achieved.
Spearheading vision for exceptional nursing quality outcomes and supporting evidence-based practice for KQIs.
Coaching Operations Manager in shared governance, professional practice model, and evidence-based practice.
To complement this experience, please note that I earned a Doctorate of Nursing from Carlow University, a Master of Science in Nursing FNP from Xxxxxxce University, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Science from Syracuse University. I am recognized as a Nurse Executive Advanced Board Certified (NEA-BC), and hold certification in Change Management through Prosci.
[ Suggestion! Optional! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting. REMOVE this before sending]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience in operations leadership roles.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your team s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!