This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Leader who makes sound decisions to reflect positively on global business operations in alignment with a multi-site company s vision, value, and goals to attain a competitive advantage and generate robust employer growth.
- Lean / Six Sigma-Qualified Professional with a take-charge attitude to achieve results across the entire organization.
- Visionary MBA Graduate who rises above challenges to improve the bottom line and achieve winning outcomes, including executing strategies in organizational excellence to eliminate overall waste and reduce operational costs.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with global executives, senior-level decision-makers, cross-functional professionals, and customers; who excels in autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads staff by example and with integrity to build strong teams to expand revenue and attain objectives.
Reduced defective parts production by 90% and improved profits and customer service with GE, for example.
Coached and trained senior managers in numerous Fortune 500 companies; ROI exceeded $1.6 million annually.
Conceptualized a world-class customer service program to reduce complaints by 85% and save $540,000 in costs.
Led a results-driven feasibility study and set up and managed an overseas subsidiary from a green field to a functionality facility; start-up deadlines were met, PPH efficiency was doubled, and sales exceeded expectations 50%.
Improved on-time deliveries 15% by developing strategy and program introduced to use obsolete raw materials saving $200,000; OSHA compliance was brought up-to-date and lost-time incidents were brought to almost zero.
Identified $1.2 million in excess via waste elimination practices, and created a plan to turn dead inventory into cash.
Process Improvement ￨ General Management
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking process improvement and general operations for one of the largest privately owned supply distribution companies in Xxxxxx employing 450 staff and focusing on profit-generating work among companies within the highly competitive construction, healthcare, service and manufacturing industries.
- Coordinate and lead integration of world-class defect reduction systems while designing and developing strategies for high-volume manufacturing, sales, and project management efforts, as well coaching senior managers for key success.
- Expertly evaluate and revise core corporate strategy to manage the company throughout a difficult period of recession.
Honored with 2009 s All Star Award for outstanding service in Quality Assurance Accreditation.
Delivered business presentations, facilitated training, and developed to-the-minute reporting tools.
Set up AISC certification in only nine weeks to produce the largest order backlog within company history.
Reduced annual cost by $440,000 and reduced defects 80% by designing a world-class accountability program.
Spearheaded a $1-million inventory reduction program, including improving quality control systems to boost customer satisfaction 200%, reducing non-conformance by 87%, and reducing defects by 75% in only one week.
Completely revamped and formalized multi-level procedures and processes, including formulating Lean manufacturing systems and introducing Kaizen, as well as reducing defective performance to meet profit goals.
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward directing fast-paced $800-million plant manufacturing operations, including leading managers overseeing 550 employees with production exceeding 20,000 parts daily and 12,000 SKUs.
- Optimized operations efficiency within this 300,000-square-foot facility by continually promoting Lean Manufacturing initiatives, as well as setting budgets and ensuring all financial manufacturing and delivery targets were actively met.
Implemented critical cost tracking and cost reduction practices.
Built profitable relationships with high-profile Lowe s and Home Depot.
Expertly evaluated production systems and developed strategic improvements.
Released $500,000 back to the company by identifying surplus and excess inventory.
Manufactured 98.5% of all daily orders using JIT for seamless dispatch within 24 hours.
Reduced scrap by 8% and employee costs by 3%, and improved manufacturing efficiency by 6%.
Saved over $2 million in overtime costs during the holiday season within this unionized environment.
Vice President of Operations
- Strategically steered manufacturing operations of large-scale acrylic panels bound for aquarium construction projects.
- Coordinated and led large-scale projects from concept through to completion while managing daily tasks and functions, including warehousing and distribution, quality control, customer service, and research and development initiatives.
- Led targeted decision-making among a results-focused team of key global distribution and installation professionals, including continually driving success by building a culture of teamwork, comprehensive safety, and positive thinking.
Improved casting processes to increase efficiency by 300%.
Reduced material waste 10% via implementation of quality improvements.
Initiated training programs to enhance leadership, motivation, and goal setting proficiencies.
Generated $560,000 in annual savings via process analysis and introduction of enhanced efficiencies.
Additional prior employment includes roles as Small Business Owner, SBA Consultant, Plant Manager, General Manager, and Management Consultant for such high-profile employers as Hurco Industries, RGE, USA, and a successful U.S. start-up company.
Master of Business Administration (Accounting ￨ Marketing ￨ Economics)
Bachelor of Technology (Business & Finance ￨ Top of Class ￨ Graduated with Distinction)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook)
Advanced Excel Formula, Macro Creation, Accounting, Data / Trend Analysis & Software Design
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!