This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Focused and capable Attorney and Legal Consultant with years of invaluable litigation and dispute management experience. Strong leader with a keen ability to coordinate strategies, conduct internal investigations and complete discovery efforts. Adept in skillfully mitigating risks and assessing the comprehensive nature of each. Developer of essential compliance policies and related programs driven towards policy enforcement. Fosters lasting and trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels; works well individually or within a team. Works well with external counsel and other legal service providers/vendors to facilitate effectual contract negotiations. Now in search of a full-time, internal Attorney or Counsel role within the legal department of an innovative corporation in the greater Xxxxxx City area.
- Worked as an internal government investigations response and compliance point of contact, counselor and liaison for a publicly-traded pharmaceutical compaxxxxxx for an ongoing investigation by the SEC and DOJ; delivered winning claims and arguments throughout the process
- Coordinated discovery, clients responses to and their overall compliance with related SEC and DOJ investigations for a leading British bank and American life insurance compaxxxxxx in actions against $250M in losses incurred due to healthcare receivables-backed notes; recovered nearly all client losses by the eve of the trial
- Led document production and discovery responses for a multinational conglomerate in insurance coverage litigation; authored successful opposition to excess insurers motion for summary judgment, followed by favorable settlement
- Aided an American chemical manufacturer and its Brazilian subsidiary in federal litigation with insurers and Brokers concerning coverage of a major shipping explosion at the Port of Paranagu in Brazil
- Engaged in litigation over insurance coverage for class action lawsuits filed in the U.S. and Canada for an American corporation and its subsidiaries; prepared pleadings, motion, and filings to support clients indemnification claims
- Conducted detailed assessments of insurance coverage for creditors of a cable compaxxxxxx and analyzed claims concerning professional liability from its former outside counsel; resolved matters after mediating and facilitating a multimillion-dollar payment by the firm s carriers
- Additional items available upon request
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2015 - Present
Consultant, Legal Department (via Bliss Lawyers Legal Secondment)
- Act as legal counsel, a project manager and an attorney liaison within the compaxxxxxx to deliver guidance on government investigations and matters of regulatory compliance
- Direct staff on compliance matters relative to SEC and DOJ investigations, FCPA, anti-corruption, anti-bribery and federal securities laws
- Conduct employee interviews across all departments and subsidiaries during investigations; facilitate fact gathering, ensure subpoena compliance and play a role in all vital decision-making processes
- Work in conjunction with legal and compliance personnel, external counsel, executives, as well as IT, finance, HR, internal auditing and commercial sales teams on compliance efforts and SEC/DOJ investigatory inquiry response
- Deliver bi-weekly reports and recommendations to General Counsel, the Chief Compliance Officer and a global internal legal team regarding pertinent issues and government investigations
- Increase the efficacy of legal service vendors, external counsel, document review processes and productions
- Oversee data preservation practices; counsel others on e-discovery, data preservation and data privacy issues, as well as preserve data for subpoenas and legal requests in over 20 countries
- Draft, negotiate and manage contracts, acknowledgments, document preservation holds, data transfer/privacy agreements and discovery protocols
Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP 2013 2014
Senior Associate, Complex Commercial and Insurance Litigation
- Investigated, litigated and oversaw a range of intricate commercial, insurance, securities, compliance, business tort, bad faith, contract, financial and property disputes; devised winning strategies for each case
- Led a series of notable cases; coordinated with the government in response to SEC and DOJ investigations, represented clients in proceedings, led compliance projects and tenaciously handled negotiation processes
- Interviewed, prepared, deposed, examined, and defended factual and expert witnesses
- Drafted, conferred on and revised contracts, stipulations and agreements
- Fielded matters specific to subpoenas, discovery, and government regulator inquiry response/compliance
- Devised and delivered presentations to courts, authorities and business executives
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Senior Associate, Complex Commercial and Insurance Litigation, Continued
- Delivered comprehensive reports and recommendations on law, procedure, risks, claims and defenses
- Also served as a foremost subject matter on issues related to compliance, evidence, offering materials, filings, contracts, insurance, damages, budgets and resolutions
- Authored numerous complaints, replies, counterclaims, motions and briefs with attention to detail and overall efficacy
- Supervised attorney and paralegal case teams; also instructed legal support providers as needed
- Interfaced regularly with courts, regulators and consultants; also brokered dealings with counsel, boards, agencies and authorities
Dewey Ballantine LLP 2001 2003
Associate, Corporate Department (2001 2003)
- Created and delivered financing documents, notes and SEC filings
- Drafted and delivered executive summaries for all complex contracts
- Drove all onsite due diligence and environmental risk review efforts for energy producers and suppliers
- Assessed and offered insight to Project Lenders regarding and financing and lease documentation
- Played a key role in carrying out cross-border power plant construction financing closures
- Prepared bylaws, corporate documents, resolutions and board meeting minutes as needed post-meeting
Summer Associate and Law Clerk (2000 2001)
- Identified and responded to legal issues
- Prepared memoranda of law for all pending cases
- Conducted fact reviews focused on nationwide tobacco litigation for a foremost health insurance provider
Legal Intern, The Hon. A. Simon Chrein, Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court-Eastern District of XXXXXX, 1999
Class Action Settlement Representative (via TAC), Xxxxxx Life Insurance Compaxxxxxx, 1997-1998
Volunteer English Teacher, WorldTeach, Inc., Harvard Institute for Int l. Development, 1995-1996
Doctor of Law (J.D.), Fordham University School of Law (Cum Laude, Order of the Coif)
Admissions, U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of Xxxxxx, State of Xxxxxx and State of Minnesota
Post-Baccalaureate Courses, Biochemistry, Genetics, and Microbiology, University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Arts, History, Boston College (Phi Alpha Theta)
Volunteer, Feerick Center of Fordham Law School in connection with the Legal Education Economic Advancement Project
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
March 19, 2018
Hiring Agent Name
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompaxxxxxxing resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
- As an Associate and provider of consultative services, I bring to axxxxxx position years of progressive legal experience. I am skilled in as it relates to litigation, conflict resolution and regulatory compliance matters, among other essential areas.
- With axxxxxx role I ve taken on over the course of my career, I ve proven myself adept in fostering a culture of innovation and aim to instill a sense of accountability amongst colleagues. I am able to foster lasting relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both internally or independent of the organization.
- I boast a proven record of exuding comprehensive leadership in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments that call for attention to detail, organization and superb time management skills.
- My diversity of experience includes actively contributing to the resolution of complex legal cases, as both an independent achiever and a contributory team member. I am thorough in all work I complete, including regulatory compliance, research and other related measures.
- Outside of the impressive legal history detailed on my resume, I earned a Doctor of Law from Fordham University School of Law. I am also admitted to the U.S. District Courts, the Southern and Eastern Districts of Xxxxxx, the State of Xxxxxx and the State of Minnesota. I also have a B.A. in history and have completed additional post-baccalaureate courses in other subject areas.
- Furthermore, I remain active as a Volunteer for the Feerick Center of Fordham Law School. This effort is connected directly to the Legal Education Economic Advancement Project.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!