This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Hardworking and motivated Athletic Director with over 25 years of experience in a variety of higher education and athletic-based settings. Adept at working to achieve institutional and departmental goals within cross-functional teams and as an independent contributor. Skilled in persuasively steering negotiations to secure competitive contracts. Looking for a new and exciting position that will allow for leverage of existing skill set and provide opportunities for growth.
Coaching/Mentoring Skills Assessment NCAA Guidelines Cross-Functional Teamwork Strategic Planning
Administration Supervision Performance Improvement Interpersonal Communications Stakeholder Relations Scouting & Recruitment Program Development Budgeting Fundraising Public Relations Time Management Individual & Group Instruction Statistics & Reporting Conditioning Programs MS Office Windows OS
University of Wisconsin-Superior, Superior, WI
Athletic Director 2003-2016 and 1994-2000
Coordinated all operations of a 14-sport NCAA Division III program, serving nearly 300 student athletes. Aggressively initiated and executed fundraising events and managed an annual operating budget of $1.3M. Hired, supervised and evaluated department personnel. Positively represented the department at University and external functions. Oversaw program without assistance of support staff; learned about numerous support departments on campus. Coached athletes to be productive members of society in conjunction with other departments and educators focused on athlete needs.
- Inherited struggling University of Wisconsin-Superior program and sold potential athletes on all positive attributes
- Attracted three in-state intercollegiate all-academic athletes for ice hockey in 10 years
- Successfully built a quality Division III program; required motivation and teambuilding to keep players focused on victory; team won championships, advanced to NCAA tournaments and ultimately graduated from the University
- Launched partnership with Northlands News Center and iFan Sports Network to broadcast 19 University ice hockey games; called for increased departmental and University marketing and public relations efforts
- Improved facilities by developing and funding a newly constructed 115K square foot Health and Wellness Center; includes a field house with a 200-meter running track and a floor area that can be configured as needed, as well as a fitness center, weight room, four racquetball courts, climbing wall, classrooms, training room, and staff offices
- Renovated Wessman Arena including the addition of two locker rooms and a conditioning room
- Expanded Yellowjacket Booster Club; strengthened public awareness and support of athletic programs
- Hosted 2007 NCAA DIII Men s Ice Hockey Championship and 2013 NCAA DIII Women s Ice Hockey Championship
- Artfully moved the entire department from the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference to the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference after 103 years of being placed within the Wisconsin Department; allows the department to be more competitive and financially prudent
Associate Athletic Director 1992-1994
Directed athletic department operations for NCAA Division III University. Managed 16 intercollegiate sports involving up to 300 students. Processed all NCAA eligibility paperwork. Initiated and implemented all departmental fundraising. Prepared and administered annual budget of over $560K. Hired, supervised and supported staff of 30 employees.
- Led computerization of departmental processes and assisted staff in learning word processing, email and internet functions
- Developed plan for increasing enrollment; added women s ice hockey, soccer and golf to the program
- Results included increased enrollments and revenues
- Noted as the first university in Wisconsin to have women s ice hockey program available at the intercollegiate level
- Formed booster organization that fostered relationships for all athletic organizations; garnered and retained support from key stakeholders at all levels
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Head Hockey Coach 1986-2000
Recognized as holding the most successful coaching record for UWS. Accomplished successful coaching record of 249-166-21 (Last ten years 192-97-19). Led hockey team to NCAA tournament eight of last nine years.
- NCAA Frozen Four Appearances 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2000
- NCAA runner-up 1994, 1997 and 1999
American West Hockey League, Superior, WI
Oversaw operations for a Junior Development league for athletes ages 15-20 attempting to develop skills for college. Promoted league to college recruiters and controlled league financials. Disciplined players, coaches and teams as needed. Searched for and screened potential owners and investment groups. Effectively supervised Director of Hockey Operations, Director of Media Relations, League Treasurer and League Secretary.
- Implemented user- and recruiter-friendly website to help market the program s offerings
- Launched new Hockey South Division in the Fall 2002
- Developed comprehensive membership manual; included constitution, by-laws, rules/regulations, new member application, game day operations, officials rules and templates for coaches and owners to follow
- Enhanced relationships with colleges and universities through creation of weekly press release to coaches
Also served in an Admissions Counselor capacity with University of Wisconsin-Superior from 1986-1992
Bachelor of Science, University of Xxxxxx
Presenter, Options for HS Players Status, Xxxxxx State High School Hockey Coaches Association
Presenter, Planning Effective Practices, Xxxxxx State High School Hockey Coaches Association
Presenter, Defensive Zone Coverage, Wisconsin State Coaches Association
Member, NCAA SAAC Committee Liaison for Management Council (2012-2015)
Member, NCAA Championship Committee Liaison for Management Council (2011-2015)
Member, NCAA Management Council (2010-2015)
Member, Optimist Club (2013)
NCAA Division III Women s Ice Hockey Committee Chair (2011-2013)
Representative, Regional Hockey Championship, NCAA Division I, Green Bay, WI (2012)
Chairperson, WIAC Athletic Directors Committee (1998-1999, 2010-2011)
Representative, Regional Hockey Championship, NCAA Division I, St Paul, XXXXXX (2010)
Chair, NCAA Division III Men s Ice Hockey (2008)
Board Member, Superior United Way (2004-2012)
Committee Member, NCAA Division III Men s Ice Hockey (2004-2008)
Member, Rotary Club International (2003-2012)
Member, USA Hockey Junior Council (2000-2003)
Chairperson, WIAC Student Athlete Advisory Committee, 1998-2000
Civic Clubs Public Speaker, University of Wisconsin-Superior
Speaker, Wisconsin Hall of Fame Banquet (1999)
Member, NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee (1992-1998)
Member, NCAA Division III Western Region Selection Committee (1988-1992)
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
November 6, 2014
Hiring Agent Name
Northern Collegiate Hockey Association
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a Commissioner capacity with the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
- In my recent role as the Athletic Director for the University of Wisconsin-Superior, I coordinated all operations of a 14-sport NCAA Division III program serving nearly 300 student athletes. I worked to aggressively initiate and execute fundraising events and managed an annual operating budget of $1.3M. One of my proudest efforts was attracting three in-state intercollegiate all-academic athletes for ice hockey in a 10-year time period.
- My performance as the Director at Wisconsin exuded a sense of dedication that comes along with truly understanding what ultimately drives a Division III program to attain success. I aimed to coach athletes to be productive in conjunction with other University departments and educators focused on student/athlete needs. When I began working with the University, I inherited a failing athletic program and worked to sell potential athletes on all of the positive attributes of becoming involved in Athletics. All of the aforementioned called for me to be an organized, introspective and success-driven administrator.
- During my tenure with University of Wisconsin, I successfully built a quality Division III program. Doing so required motivation and teambuilding in order to keep players focused on victory. As a result of my efforts, teams won championships, advanced to NCAA tournaments and ultimately went on to successfully graduate. I invested time in launching a partnership with Northlands News Center and iFan Sports Network to broadcast 19 University ice hockey games; this called for increased marketing and public relations efforts. I improved upon the University s athletic facilities by developing and funding a newly constructed 115K square foot Health and Wellness Center and renovating Wessman Arena. I also expanded upon the Yellowjacket Booster Club, which greatly strengthened public awareness and support of athletic programs Furthermore, we hosted the 2007 NCAA DIII Men s Ice Hockey and 2013 NCAA DIII Women s Ice Hockey Championships.
- As a Commissioner for American West Hockey League, I oversaw operations for a Junior Development league for athletes ages 15-20 with the goal of helping them develop skills for college. In this role, I played a pivotal role in launching the new Hockey South Division in the Fall of 2002. I promoted the league to college recruiters and controlled league financials. I searched for and screened potential owners and investment groups. I implemented a user- and recruiter-friendly website to help market the program s offerings. While with American West, I developed a comprehensive membership manual that included a constitution, by-laws, rules/regulations, new member application, game day operations, officials rules and templates for coaches and owners to follow. I also worked to enhance relationships with colleges and universities via weekly press release to coaches.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!