This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Executive Dining Services Program Start-Ups Profit / Loss Program Development
Menu Planning / Nutrition Purchasing Activities High-Volume Sales Special Event Planning
Dining Services Management Bar / Beverage Operations Hospitality Marketing Community Relationships
Facility Construction / Design Budgeting / Cost Controls Team Building / Training Financial Forecasts / Reports
Integral Leader who offers 20+ years experience in Dining Services Operations, Program Development, Event Planning, and Financial Controls, and who directs cross-functional teams by example and with integrity to deliver services excellence while rising above challenges to improve the bottom line and achieve winning business outcomes.
Top Performer who makes decisions to reflect positively on dining services efficiency, business well-being, and client satisfaction, along with providing recruitment to encourage diversity, low turnover, and high levels of company loyalty.
Ambitious Self-Starter who exhibits superior attention-to-detail and sharp analytical abilities toward achieving goals.
Led reviews and implemented changes for profit-generating new account openings and account renovations.
Improved processes via CaterTRAX implementation, as well as Agilysys POS system programming and utilization.
Increased catering sales via meetings with clients to ascertain needs and deliver quality services for Compass Group.
Completed training in Starbucks and Sara Lee Coffee & Espresso, Blimpie Sandwich, and Jump Asia Cuisine Programs.
Completed Sodexo University training in various areas of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), mindful and retail excellence programming, cash management, wellness, nutrition, client for life, data security, and labor optimization.
Developed a campus-wide food allergy awareness and safety system for Kent Place School, including meeting with students, parents, faculty, and staff to discuss comprehensive special dietary needs and various allergy restrictions.
Interfaced with NSF on quarterly food safety and facility audits as the Resident Director of Dining Services for AVI Food Systems, and instructed teams on the utilization of ServSafe and HACCP food safety, temperature, and production logs.
Coordinated an innovative dining hall composting program and campus vegetable and herb garden, along with leading popular student cooking classes and providing integral food demonstrations.
Director of Dining Services (2015 Present)
United Nations International School
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking food service operations, including recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing details-focused teams while actively facilitating a strategic $500,000 servery renovation.
- Expertly support dining services operations by collaborating with professionals during on-site safety audits.
Doubled sales via the implementation of a dynamic new catering guide.
Successfully implemented a new POS system with a web payment interface.
Designed a new food menu / program and established a Food Allergy Awareness Program.
Food Service Director (2013 2015)
Archbishop Molloy High School
- Applied proven leadership talents toward directing a food program and meal plan development from the ground up for this new account, including training, mentoring, and managing teams, as well as holding meetings to meet objectives.
- Managed comprehensive catering, event planning, client / student meetings, and surveys to ensure seamless dining services processes / procedures by complying with safety auditing standards, as well as NYC Health Department audits.
- Effectively managed profit / loss, financial programming purchasing, and payroll operations to attain overall goals.
Cory N. Dorn ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Led all facets of strategic business operations, cash management, budgeting / forecasting, purchasing, bidding, event planning, and client relations, including recruiting teams and handling payroll, labor / cost controls, and HR activities.
- Exhibited sharp analytical abilities toward facilitating business auditing, including NSF and Ecosource audit activities.
Multi-Unit General Manager
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge to direct executive dining room services, catering services, and pantry services, including handling menu planning, cost-effective budgeting and purchasing, and qualified vendor selection.
- Recruited, trained, and managed top teams; oversaw payroll operations; and optimized revenue via labor cost control.
- Ensured continuing business success via conceptualization and implementation of innovative marketing.
- Performed health and safety audits, and guaranteed compliance with internal / external regulations.
Resident Director of Dining Services
- Demonstrated experience directing $1-million volume and all facets of cycle menu development, costing, inventory control, vendor selection, budgeting, forecasting, monthly / yearly P&L reposts, and strategic business planning.
- Maximized services success by liaising between clients, parents, and teams to deliver high-quality catering, along with proficiently managing all event planning and execution processes, accounts receivables, and marketing / promotions.
- Drove business growth by recruiting top-performing teams and facilitating training programs to achieve goals.
Director of Food Service & Special Events ￨ Director of Catering ￨ Assistant Manager
- Led $3 million in volume by directing operations of 6 conference center venues, including managing client / vendor relations, event planning, room design / setup, equipment rental / purchasing, budgeting, and critical menu selection.
- Contributed strong interpersonal relations skills toward recruiting and supervising a 12-member team, along with coordinating efforts between clients and corporate offices, managing P&L reports and payroll, and controlling inventory.
General Manager ￨ Assistant Manager
- Led a team of 40 employees within 3 restaurants and 1 retail unit with $13 million in volume, including properly documenting monetary values via cash handling practices, as well as overseeing menu planning and inventory control.
Additional Professional Roles Held Prior to 1997; Details Provided Upon Request
Associate s Degree in Restaurant Management / Culinary Arts (3.9 GPA) New York Restaurant School
Certificate in Hotel Technologies State University of New York at Cobleskill
ServSafe Re-Certified (Since 2012) ￨ Certified New York City Food Handler (Since 2002)
Certified Sanitation Trainer (Since 1999) ￨ Certified in First Aid & CPR / AED (Since 2009)
Rutgers Youth Sports Safety Certified (Since 2015) ￨ Concussion Awareness Certified (Since 2015)
Microsoft Office Suite ￨ SYSCO ￨ U.S. Food Service Ordering Software ￨ Micros 8700 ￨ Nova
Citrix ￨ Berg Liquor Control System ￨ Odin POS System ￨ CaterTRAX ￨ Agilysys POS System
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!