This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Results-oriented self-starter seeking an opportunity in the radio/sports industry to acquire knowledge and develop new skills.
- Motivated Professional possessing dynamic interpersonal skills, critical to interfacing with individuals and fostering lasting relationships.
- Strong leadership abilities demonstrated throughout implementation of highly effective training programs and employee performance management.
- Knowledge in general IT and social media processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, integral to relaying pertinent information in a simplified manner.
Training & Development
Attention to Detail
Independent Senior IT Contractor, Fairfax, VA 2007-Present
- Fulfill critical consulting position, focusing primarily on steering IT projects to on time, within budget completion.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities while overseeing daily activities for 15+ employees; promote increased performance and provide appropriate training.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to successfully identify client needs and develop solutions to promote satisfaction.
- Maintain quality control throughout day to day operations, implementing effective analytical problem solving skills appropriately.
- Resourcefully compile data, generate reports and create highly informative presentations to relay pertinent information to appropriate parties.
- Serve as member of Department of Justice Unified Financial Management System Team; develop highly effective policies and procedures.
- Apply Enterprise Architecture and IT systems security methods and techniques to design proprietary systems and software.
- Integrate financial management systems security with other security disciplines in compliance with INFOSEC and Information Assurance (IA) requirements; maintain virus data file updates and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) or Intrusion Protection System (IPS) equipment.
- Implemented Fire Alarm and state-of-the-art voice-activated lighting system for an auditorium, using PL/SQL and C programming languages.
- Successfully developed SAP application content; trained 1,500 end users and government instructors.
- Contributed to conversion of 14 standalone Oracle database to a 2-node Oracle Real Application Cluster.
- Upgraded databases from 9iR206 to 10gR2 on a Sun Solaris 9 platform.
- Assisted conversion of critical Oracle 11gR2 Test, Development and Production environment to Linux system.
Raytheon, Reston, VA 2001-2007
Senior IT Specialist
- Assumed integral leadership position, focusing efforts on oversight of highly complex IT projects, training junior staff members and maximizing resources throughout task delegation.
- Utilized strong interpersonal skills to gather client requirements and provide effective written/oral end user support.
- Ensured quality control throughout all daily IT operations, on both UNIX and MS Windows platforms; focused heavily on performing backups, managing space and completing upgrades.
- Received award for planning and implementing Help Desk Network to serve 350 users.
- Trained 1,500 users in addition to customer instructors on NIMA software and systems.
- Applied Oracle database expertise to investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot and solve database and IT system problems and errors. Identified old data terminology used in legacy National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) software was incompatible with new COTS software.
Coursework Completed, Master Degree in Information Technology, Minor: Database Systems Technology,
George Washington University, Washington, DC
Bachelor Degree in Electronics Engineering, Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA
Top Secret Security Clearance/ Sensitive Compartmented Information Security Clearance; Active
Oracle 10g Database Administration Certification, Georgetown University
Global Communications Services Outstanding Support Award
Customer Satisfaction Achievement Award
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Training Completed in UNIX Fundamentals and SQL/PL
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Member
National Society of Black Engineers (NBSE) Member
Big Brother and Sister Organization of Alexandria Member
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!