This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Detail oriented Transportation Professional seeking a challenging Director level role in logistics / fleet management.
- Over 15 years of experience steering operations and directing logistics within fast paced environments.
- Possesses expert level experience in route optimization, fleet maintenance and vendor governance.
- Technical proficiency with route optimization / transportation software including Shipment Management, Tracs, ITS, Mangustics, AS400, Teletrac and TMS.
Baker Corp 2014-Present
Manager of Fleet Logistics/DOT Compliance
- Leverage industry expertise to direct all daily fleet / logistics operations, with associated responsibilities including ensuring adherence to DOT regulations, maintaining open lines of communication between departments and implementing highly effective process improvement strategies.
- Generate detailed fleet reports; relay pertinent information to upper level management.
- Successfully manage permit renewals, licensing, titling and fuel tax reporting to maintain compliance to all regulations.
- Increase efficiency by implementing Standard Operating Procedures for both route management and fleet operations.
- Devise strategic fleet management program to encompass vehicle dispositions, transfers and allocation of spare vehicles.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on data integrity, speed and data entry.
- Contribute extensively to rollout of PMO-A3, a private fleet optimization initiative.
Clean Harbors / Safety-Kleen 2009-2014
Regional Hub Manager Great Lakes
- Directed logistical operations for 1,200 pieces of equipment spanning across 40 locations and 8 states.
- Thoroughly reviewed data and made knowledge based recommendations to increase quality, reduce company cost and maximize ROI.
- Demonstrated an in-depth knowledge of the importance of prioritizing safety.
- Strategically optimized routes; resulting in on time delivery and increased company profits.
- Collaborated extensively with upper level management to ensure business needs were fulfilled.
- Maintained adherence to all policies, standards and regulations throughout all daily operations.
- Properly planned maintenance and repair for equipment and vehicles.
Transportation Process Manager
- Streamlined existing logistics for an operation responsible for $50M in deliveries and 3,000 vehicles / pieces of equipment.
- Maintained adherence to all company and government regulations; thoroughly reviewed titles, tolls tags, files and licenses.
- Strategically created annual expense budget; identified variances and made adjustments as necessary.
- Performed gap analysis on existing processes; made knowledge based recommendations to optimize efficiency.
- Successfully developed scorecards and metrics to promote further route and performance optimization.
- Established and maintained key vendor relationships; utilized strong negotiation skills to ensure favorable company terms throughout transactions.
- Conducted in depth training for team members on various processes, including management of utilization reports.
- Achieved $100k in company savings on Used Oil Rerouting Project, $150k in company savings on Charlotte Oil Terminal Rerouting Optimization project, $100k in company savings on Catoosa Oil Terminal Rerouting Optimization project and $100k in company savings on Houston PF Oil Terminal Rerouting Optimization project.
- Recognized as employee of the quarter (2010) for achieving $1M+ in transportation savings.
- Renegotiated ocean import contract for all imports / exports from Puerto Rico.
- Designed a decision tree; recognized for assisting facility on making PF and CC decisions.
Sr. Transportation Planning Analyst
- Strategically analyzed existing processes, devised transportation plans and developed models to forecast and optimize performance.
- Made knowledge based recommendations regarding OTR, rail fleet size and deployments.
- Implemented highly effective metrics to continually monitor performance.
- Successfully integrated inbound transportation management into plans and models.
Ryder Integrated Logistics 2004-2009
Customer Logistics Manager
- Utilized strong organizational and account management skills to oversee day to day fleet operations and ensure on time delivery of merchandise.
- Devised budgets outlining operating requirements and equipment / material purchases.
- Developed and implemented effective training processes for team members to significantly boost performance; monitored performance by implementing KPIs.
- Strategically analyze existing processes and implement strategies to increase efficiency.
- Collaborated extensively with other business units to ensure regulatory compliance throughout all operations.
- Responsible for managing title work, toll tags, file retention, rentals and fleet invoices.
- Thoroughly review fleet expenses; identify and correct variances as necessary.
- Promoted safety, as well as compliance to DOT regulations, on a daily basis.
- Duties included permit renewals, licensing, inventory management, P&L and analyzing company cost.
- Heavily involved in employee on boarding including interviewing and hiring.
- Oversaw 30 Drivers and 15 tractors throughout Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Kansas for the Master Halco Account (2008-2009).
- Managed 70 Drivers and 35 tractors across Texas for Toyota of Texas (2006-2008).
- Facilitated all logistical aspects of startup project for Ryder; responsibilities included routing, account management, providing excellent customer service and managing employee relations (2006).
- Coordinated operations and pick up for 1,000+ Coinstar machines throughout Texas; focused heavily on ensuring overall customer satisfaction (2004-2006).
Stevens Transport; West Coast Intermodal Manager 2003-2004
Dart Transit; City Dispatcher 2003
Fleming Company; Intermodal/Inbound Logistics Analyst | Produce Transportation Analyst 2001-2003
Hazardous Waste Material Certification
Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Business Management Major, Mountain View College, Dallas, TX; 1994-1998
Business Management Major, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX; 1993-1994
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!