This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Energetic RN dedicated to driving high-quality patient care seeking growth-focused role within an ER / ED environment.
Committed to innovative processes, and eager to apply strong clinical skills, work ethic, and passion for providing superior care.
- Integral Leader who directs the delivery of responsible acute patient care for all ages based on industry and facility standards of practices, and who offers experience in ER, ICU, Med-Surg, PCU, Step-Down Units, Obstetrics, Hospice, and Nursing Home care while collaborating with healthcare teams to maximize patient outcomes per treatment goals.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who contributes talent in fast-paced, multi-unit facility optimization, including maintaining accurate charts using diverse proprietary technologies and achieving optimal high-quality care while adhering to HIPAA.
- Bilingual Communicator (English / Spanish) who builds solid relationships with healthcare teams, patients, and families, and who exhibits up-to-date knowledge of national care management trends and critical statistics to align objectives.
Recognized for job performance excellence by receiving numerous Spirit Awards from patients throughout long career.
Applied strong leadership talents while serving as Second Chair for the Quality Council for Staffing Resource Center in 2016.
Created dynamic professional training / development efforts, including presenting Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome: Increasing Positive Outcomes in the Acute Care Setting that was accepted for annual leadership meeting presentation.
Successfully supported facility training and healthcare success by assisting with new nurse orientations for 1-3 days.
Built and sustained productive education processes by assisting with Xxxxxx Health Skills Fairs throughout employment.
- Utilize broad scope of healthcare knowledge toward covering 4 facilities with training to handle PCU, Step-Down Units, and ER overxxxxxxow areas, as well as serving as an Admissions Nurse and support to ER staff as necessary to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with ancillary services to optimize prompt delivery of patient care and procedures, along with contributing skill in communicating among diverse physicians, physician assistants, and healthcare providers to maximize outcomes.
- Easily assimilate into various assigned units while cycling through new patients daily and assisting staff in diverse activities.
- Strategically steered patient-focused healthcare by collaborating with interdisciplinary team members to provide exceptional patient care within acute and emergency care settings for 2 acute / emergency and nursing care facilities with 122 beds and 72 beds, respectively, including coordinating all patient care across ancillary services and facilities.
- Liaised among physicians, ARNPs, and other allied caregivers in medical-surgical, PCU, and ER units of fast-paced centers while actively delivering personalized patient care and support in alignment with physician treatment goals.
- Performed vitals / status assessments and medication administration (i.e. orally, IV, drips, other routes), and monitored patient progress and reactions, along with comprehensively documenting and reporting changes to physician.
- Communicated with patients, caregivers, and family members regarding pre- and post-procedures and on-going care.
- Maximized use of care resources by planning and prioritizing workxxxxxxow among NTs, LPNs, and other RNs per key shifts.
- Documented procedures through automated medical records management software and handled electronic charting.
- Ensured sterile environments and procedures, including cleaning and setting up rooms to enforce risk reduction of nosocomial infections, as well as continually demonstrating safety-oriented techniques to control pathogen exposure.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Played a vital role in coordinating nursing care, therapy, and procedures, as well as admissions and discharges while mentoring and managing a solutions-driven clinical staff and nursing unit in the rehabilitation unit of a nursing home.
- Developed resident care plans while assessing conditions and nursing needs and communicating among residents and family members as a patient advocate, including proactively assisting physicians with special tests and procedures.
- Performed emergency measures in acute situations, including starting IVs and administering medication and treatment.
- Supported physician teams with ostomies and tracheostomies, performed post-operative care for patients in alignment with patient needs, and facilitated hospice-related care, including time-of-death reports and procedures.
- Ensured continuity of care via synergistic teamwork, including training incoming nurses on med and treatment carts, supply locations, procedures, and protocols; handling counseling and discipline; and adhering to State Practice Act.
- Oversaw supply utilization to ensure economical use while tracking equipment cleanliness and assurance of safety.
Psychiatric Nurse Intern
- Delivered compassionate patient and family care for mental health and substance abuse issues by applying comprehensive clinical knowledge to improve patients health, and worked to resolve challenges via targeted collaborations with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and administrators while supervising medication administration.
School Nurse Intern
- Capitalized on the opportunity manage student health, including administering and monitoring medication and treatments, administering hearing / vision screenings, and developing treatment plans for students with special needs.
- Managed the tracking of student visits to the health office, and ensured students met required state healthcare guidelines.
Intern Intensive Care Unit ￨ Medical-Surgical Unit ￨ Obstetrics Unit
- Demonstrated skill in completing tasks across multiple units, including providing timely care to acutely ill patients, maintaining IV therapy, managing patients on ventilators, and operating 12-lead EKGs, as well as providing optimal obstetrical care, assessing postpartum patients, and delivering instruction on infant care, safety, and health.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (Honors Graduate) Cochise College
BLS Certified (Current) ￨ ACLS Certified (Current) ￨ Cathxxxxxxo Activase ￨ Basic EKG ￨ Human Trafficking Professional Studies
Founding Member, Local Chapter National Student Nurses Association
Member, Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (Since 2009) ￨ American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (Since 2009)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) ￨ Microsoft Publisher ￨ Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro ￨ Photoshop
Administrative Assistant, United States Army
Spanish-Language Class Presenter Domestic Violence, LaBelle, XXXXXX
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!