This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Results-oriented Professional with over 25 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Proven ability to maintain quality assurance throughout all financial operations; demonstrates a strong attention to detail and capability to resolve discrepancies.
- Proven track record of spearheading process improvement initiatives to substantially increase efficiency.
- Exemplify ability to perform independently or as a team contributor throughout auditing assignments and completion of special projects.
- Possesses proficiency in various financial software, including Great Plains, Corel WordPerfect, Total Return and Mas 90.
- Linguistic fluency in Spanish and English.
The Yucaipa Companies, Los Angeles, California 2007-Present
Accounting Manager (2014-Present)
- Leverage strong leadership skills, coupled with attention to detail, to maintain accuracy throughout all accounting operations for multiple types of investments.
- Streamline process improvement initiatives, resulting in increased efficiency throughout monthly close and reporting processes.
- Thoroughly review consolidation entries, contribution, distribution, loan draws and deal documents.
- Associated duties include, budget management, reviewing accretion calculations and monitoring monthly accruals.
- Generate detailed reports to show financial status; relay pertinent information to management.
- Contribute extensively to implementation of new accounting system.
Senior Fund Accountant (2007-Present)
- Fulfill senior level accounting positions, focusing heavily on quality assurance, meeting strict deadlines and generating detailed financial reports.
- Strategically identify discrepancies; develop innovative resolutions to maintain efficiency.
- Leverage industry expertise to resolve inquiries and provide pertinent information to clients, Marketing Representatives and Portfolio Managers.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of income postings, asset/cash reconciliations, trade input, ad hoc reporting and financial statement preparation.
- Maintain adherence to all company, GAAP and federal regulations throughout all operations.
- Successfully coordinate annual financial audits; answer inquiries from various taxing authorities.
Mellon Financial Corporation, Los Angeles, California 2005-2007
- Ensured quality control throughout portfolios; identified, researched and resolved discrepancies.
- Maintained adherence to all corporate policies and SEC regulations throughout all accounting operations.
- Generated in depth reports to show account status; distribute reports to appropriate upper level management, clients and investors.
- Associated duties included performance of month-end accounting closings, adjustment posting, verification of trial balances and processing of client statements.
- Collaborated extensively with Portfolio Managers, Marketing Representatives and Custodians
- Continually achieved and surpassed existing goals.
- Successfully completed cash and asset bank reconciliations, leading to accuracy throughout internal accounting and custodian records.
Coast Asset Management LLC, Santa Monica, California 1996-2005
- Utilized strong accounting skills to perform tasks in a fast paced, deadline based environment.
- Responsibilities included balance sheet preparation, management of P&L statements and generating detailed financial reports.
- Identified discrepancies and appropriately documented issues.
- Contributed extensively to completion of bank reconciliations for 8 subdivisions.
Omni Fibers, Inc., Commerce, California; Sales Administrator 1995-1996
Profed Mortgage, Inc., Gardena, California; Loan Processor 1994
Excel Mortgage, Inc., Culver City, California; Loan Processor 1990-1993
Bachelor of Science in Business/Management
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona; 2005
Coursework Completed in Accounting, Personal Income Tax & Business Law
Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, California; 2003
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!