This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Accounting Leader who makes sound decisions to reflect positively on financial / business operations in alignment with a company s vision, and who works to attain a competitive advantage and generate robust growth.
- CPA-Eligible Professional who rises above core challenges to improve the bottom line and achieve winning outcomes.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with global executives, senior-level decision-makers, cross-functional professionals, vendors, and clients; who excels in autonomous and collaborative environments; and who leads staff by example and with integrity to build strong teams to expand revenue and attain overall objectives.
Successfully billed $600,000+ in reimbursement grants in 6 weeks as VP of Finance / Operations for Partnership Axxxxxxinst Domestic Violence (PADV), and reconciled 6 months of credit card statements in a 2-month timeframe.
Cost-effectively managed a $3.1-million budget while preparing all month-end closings, billings, and statements.
Successfully led Raiser s Edge and Financial Edge integration as Revenue / GL Accountant for Neighborhood Centers, Inc., and demonstrated proven skill in accurately managing $14+ million in donations for the orxxxxxxnization.
Seamlessly revamped a large-scale refund system to solve $100,000+ in refund discrepancies while at Alfa Insurance.
Vice President Finance ￨ Operations
- Capitalized on the opportunity to plan, develop, coordinate, and lead forward-thinking daily financial operations, including facilitating accurate month-end closing and completion of financial statements and monthly grant billings.
- Led annual audit of orxxxxxxnizational finances in coordinating with auditors identified by the Finance Committee and retained for the orxxxxxxnization, and ensured lexxxxxxl and regulatory compliance of accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Developed the orxxxxxxnization s annual budget in collaboration with the President and CEO, and assured availability of timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist executives, board, committees, and management.
- Consistently developed and / or made recommendations for financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, and evaluated and advised on all levels of financial and lexxxxxxl risk during decision-making while developing and / or enhancing management policies, procedures, and systems for optimal sharing of and retaining information.
- Met present and / or future information technology and facility needs by developing key growth-focused strategies.
- Managed all human resources, including new employee on-boarding, payroll operations, discipline, and termination.
- Delivered critical staff support to Board of Directors Financial Committee, along with attending committee meetings, maintaining ongoing communications with President and CEO, and working with Vice President of Shelter Services and Supportive Housing and Shelter Managers to ensure business, orxxxxxxnizational, and facility needs were addressed.
- Liaised among vendors and created preferred vendor contact lists while managing vendor / maintenance schedules.
Revenue ￨ GL Accountant
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward coding donations to the appropriate revenue account, including reconciling Lightsey Family Scholarship, Pledge Receivable Account, Energy Aid Accounts, Financial Accounts, and Temporary Restricted Account, as well as releasing Restricted Funds to program areas and providing data to auditors.
- Released Community Health Choice and Texas Children, and rated financial section for critical contract bids.
- Contributed sharp analytical abilities toward accurately reconciling AP accounts; Pell, SEOG grants, and student loan accounts; 29 investment, trust, and endowment accounts; and bank accounts, and processed travel expense forms.
- Comprehensively provided monthly cash / investment reports for the Vice President of Fiscal Affairs, along with preparing Moody s and Standard & Poor s reports, downloading monthly bank statements, and approving GL entries.
- Consistently delivered all essential documentation for the PBC list, and provided explanations to auditors as required.
- Strategically steered small business operations success while leading quality-oriented tax and bookkeeping services employing 10 top-performing tax preparers, a receptionist, and a financial coordinator in exceeding client objectives.
- Spearheaded accurate tax returns preparation, including sales and use tax; amended; and Schedules C, D, F, and E, as well as researching difficult tax situations, printing refund checks, transmitting returns, and collecting balances.
- Exhibited solid communication skills toward consulting with clients rexxxxxxrding tax issues and meeting with IRS agents.
- Facilitated ongoing professional service and training efforts by teaching a Basic Tax Class on an annual basis.
- Played a vital role in preparing and analyzing financial information and reports, including recommending, implementing, and maintaining control procedures while training and mentoring non-exempt accounting staff.
- Expertly reconciled complex general ledger accounts, identified and assessed appropriate accounting treatment for routine transactions, processed annual CAM billing for tenants, and prepared consolidated financial statements.
- Coached and mentored a details-focused accounting staff and field personnel in bank reconciliations and audits.
- Accurately reviewed comprehensive income statements and balance sheets prior to month-end close.
- Processed month-end journal entries, including allocation of payroll and other expenses, along with processing adjusting entries as required and processing monthly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)compliance paperwork.
- Prepared wide-ranging reports, including sales and use tax reports, as well as percentage-of-completion reports, direct labor reports, material variance reports, and overhead variance reports.
Master of Business Administration (Accounting Emphasis)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting Emphasis)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) ￨ PeopleSoft ￨ ERP
Great Plains Software ￨ Raiser s Edge Software ￨ Financial Edge NXT
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!