This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Leader who makes sound decisions to reflect positively on multi-site financial / business operations in alignment with a high-profile company s vision, value, and goals to attain a competitive advantage and generate robust growth.
- Visionary Professional who rises above core challenges to improve the bottom line and achieve winning outcomes.
- Highly Credentialed Professional who develops synergistic relationships with executives, senior-level decision-makers, cross-functional professionals, and clients; who excels in autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads staff by example and with integrity to build resourceful teams to expand revenue and actively attain objectives.
Chief Financial Officer
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking financial operations for this $35-million orthopaedic practice that includes 5 high-volume clinics and 52 providers, including handling all facets of cash management, development of periodic financial reports, management of all accounting records, and development of set of controls and budgets.
Enhanced accuracy of the company s reported financial results.
Ensured reported results complied with current accounting standards.
Expertly mitigated risk with judicious development of controls and budgets.
Served as a valued member of Executive, Finance, Compliance, and IT Committees.
Successfully teamed with the CEO to lead strategic planning and key corporate growth.
Vice President Finance & Internal Operations
- Strategically steered companywide financial, human resource, and compliance operations, including ensuring adherence to all federal, state, and local legal requirements and applicable human resource federal and state requirements (i.e. PPACA, PHI, HIPAA, CMS), as well as studying existing and new legislation for prompt enforcement.
- Coordinated preparation of corporate annual reports, and issued timely comprehensive financial statements and metrics.
- Delivered results-generating financial analyses as needed regarding capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations, and monitored and confirmed financial condition via internal audits and external auditor communications.
- Demonstrated proven experience in protecting assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing key internal controls.
Served as an integral member of the Executive Committee.
Efficiently provided for a system of management cost reports.
Monitored critical debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
Cost-effectively managed production of annual budget and forecasts.
Recommended benchmarks to measure performance of operations and business plans.
Personally trained and mentored top-notch accounting, human resources, and compliance team members.
Director of Finance
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward coordinating high-volume financial records and daily financial matters, including developing and implementing systems and procedures required for timely fiscal monitoring and reporting, as well as collaborating with departments to ensure compliance with core budget and fiscal responsibility.
- Expertly led forecasting, financial reporting, internal / external audits, taxes, budget control, working capital, cash management, and AP / AR, along with building and sustaining mutually beneficial business relationships with banks.
- Served as manager of fixed asset accounting, including interfacing with operational team to optimize classification of capital expenditures and project tracking, and accurately reviewing, reconciling, and analyzing fixed asset GL accounts.
Continually ensured assets were capitalized in strict accordance with GAAP.
Processed capital expenditure equipment requisitions, invoices, and purchase orders.
Coordinated and led finance team and support staff in meeting and / or exceeding daily goals.
Vice President ￨ Chief Compliance Officer (2006 2014) ￨ Chief Compliance Officer (2004 2006)
Controller (2003 2006) ￨ Accounting Manager (2001 2003)
- Led targeted decision-making across all facets of financial management, investment advisor regulatory compliance, human resources, and operations / IT management while driving profit-focused business planning, forecasting, financial reporting, internal / external audits, taxes, budget control, working capital, cash management, and AP / AR.
- Managed daily operations, including supervising office assistants and marketing manager, managing IT functions in office, maintaining business insurance, negotiating with vendors, managing records program, and handling purchasing.
- Applied strong leadership talents toward directing HR efforts, including processing new hires; administering payroll through service provider (i.e. Paychex), employee benefits and insurance, 401k plan, and COBRA; providing legal / client administrative support; revising a detailed employee handbook; and coordinating popular firm-wide events.
Independently orchestrated entire office relocation (2002 and 2014) to boost productivity and efficiency.
Initiated testing and reporting programs of internal compliance (i.e. disaster recovery and continuity plans).
Successfully converted key accounting software system and operations from Accpac to Microsoft Great Plains.
Seamlessly expanded existing SEC compliance program to adhere to critical regulatory compliance requirements.
Revised compliance manual, coordinated audits, enforced Code of Ethics, and filed ADV Part 1 and 2 amendments.
Accounting Manager ￨ Controller
- Drove accounting operations success by mentoring and managing a details-oriented team of 6 auditors in completing daily cash and sales reports, including maintaining GL, preparing financial statements, and generating and analyzing profit / loss statements for hotel, fast food restaurant, golf course / country club, and gas station / c-store chains.
Accurately completed high-value bank reconciliations.
Proactively led preparation and filing of city and state sales taxes.
Managed all gas station fuel inventories for government recordkeeping.
- Played a vital role in analyzing daily cash and sales audits, generating sales reports, verifying cash and deposits, and performing bank reconciliations, along with accurately resolving accounts overages and / or shortages with efficiency.
Expertly prepared and filed both city and state sales taxes and sales and use taxes.
Master of Business Administration (Graduate with Distinction) DePaul University Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting Minor) Winona State University
Certified Fraud Examiner Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Certified Internal Controls Auditor The Institute for Internal Controls
Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics
CFA Institute Investment Foundations Certificate (Claritas Investment Certificate) CFA Institute
Microsoft Excel (Advanced Skills) ￨ Microsoft Word ￨ Microsoft PowerPoint ￨ FAS Software ￨ Great Plains ￨ Accpac ￨ QuickBooks
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!