This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Focused and capable Operations Executive with over 25 years of invaluable manufacturing, facilities management and distribution experience across public and private sectors. Strong leader and mentor with a keen ability to coach, mentor and develop staff to be productive and surpass organizational goals. Identifies business strengths and weaknesses in order to fuel turnaround opportunities, as well as design and deliver operative solutions. Able to effectively manage quality control using process engineering innovations. Able to skillfully manage budgets valued at as much as $350M annually. Now in search of a Plant Manager or other senior leadership role that will allow for continued progression; targeting positions with a forward-thinking, innovative company that is poised for success.
- Led operational growth and development, thus contributing to DesleeClama s 22% increase in manufacturing performance
- Implemented Lean Manufacturing efficacy and reduced labor costs by 12; also decreased changeover time, heightened efficiency by 14%, and improved quality by 51% using measures to improve accountability (DesleeClama)
- Facilitated in multiple Project Management, Kaizen, and Rapid Improvement Events, thus achieving annualized labor productivity savings of over $900K (Fruit of the Loom)
- Introduced a self-developed recruitment and training program with ReadyXXXXXX and Tri-County Technical College, used for on-boarding and training qualified candidates (Tei-TechUSA)
- Recognized as Best Performance and Most Improved Plant for 2005 (Fruit of the Loom)
- Reduced Worker s Compensation costs by $1.8M annually over the course of two years (Fruit of the Loom)
- Achieved Carolina Star safety status from North Carolina OSHA, a feat achieved by 1% of state companies (UCO)
- Reduced Workers Compensation costs by $771K per year over a six-year time frame(UCO)
- Areas of expertise include P&L Management, Multi-Plant Operations, Start-Up, Turn-Key, Training & Development, Leadership, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and OSHA Safety, among others
DESLEECLAMA, Inman, XXXXXX 2014 - Present
Vice President of Operations
- Drive daily functions for a leading global producer of knitted and woven textiles in the mattress industry; possesses the largest global footprint in the mattress textiles industry
- Develop and leverage a plan to support the growth in import mattress fabrics from DesleeClama s global footprint by negotiating the purchase of additional warehouse locations
- Delivery aesthetically-pleasing, adaptable, innovative mattress cover solutions that appeal to a global client base
- Manage P&L for $34M each year and all related functions for 170 Associates and nine direct reports
- Foster and sustain manufacturing partnerships with Tempur-Sealy, Inc.
- Ensured DesleeClama passed the TS ISO 9001:2015 audit with Serta Simmons Bedding, Inc.
- Done in an effort to adhere to the company s specifications and quality standards
- Hire and train staff for the new DC and supply chain models
- Managed manufacturing KPIs to handle quality, customer complaints, labor efficiency, WIP, waste and production reliability functions
- Spearheaded a new employee-driven Safety Program that reduced OSHA incidents from 16 to three in 2015
FRUIT OF THE LOOM, Leesburg, AL 2012 - 2014
- Oversaw operations for a yarn manufacturing facility staffed by 315 Associates including 17 direct reports.
- Supervised a 24/7 four-shift xxxxxxhedule with weekly output of 2M pounds of multiple yarn SKUs, as well as an annual operating budget of $33M
- Revitalized an underperforming facility to be the Top Performance and Most Improved plant in 2013
- Improved operational metrics focused on safety, quality, delivery and cost control via the establishment of continuous improvement processes and a culture that welcomed change
- Set into motion process improvements to heighten levels of communication and accountability, as well as reduce off-standard production units by 22% and bolster personnel morale
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
TRI-TECHUSA, INC., Liberty, XXXXXX 2009 - 2012
Military Project Manager
- Directed daily workflows for a private custom metals manufacturing company that produced specialized parts and equipment for the Department of Defense
- Developed medical, aerospace and turnkey systems across multiple manufacturing industries; duties included engineering, machining, fabrication, assembly and product finishing
- Played a pivotal role in arranging a relocation for the facility from Vermont to Xxxxxx
- Crafted and introduced a new Human Resources policy, including a safety program, training processes, quality improvement efforts and accountability systems for the military contract business
- Offered leadership in obtaining ISO9100 Certification while with company
KEOWEE BUILDING SOLUTIONS, INC, Xxxxxx, XXXXXX 2006 - 2009
- Founded and managed a full-xxxxxxale commercial and residential Licensed General Contractor of high-end custom lake front homes
- Fueled design, planning, xxxxxxheduling, execution and quality control for all construction phases using over 150 sub-contractors to assist; also managed all business finances, e.g. estimation, budgets, payroll and accounting
- Maintained zero OSHA Recordables across all sites during entire time in business
General Manager, Fruit of the Loom, Rabun Gap, GA, 2002 2006
Vice President of Manufacturing, UCO, Fabrics, Inc. (Previously Fruit of the Loom), Rockingham, NC, 1996 - 2002
Bachelor of Arts, Political Xxxxxxience, Wofford College (Milliken Xxxxxxholar)
Courses, Army Officer Basic Course-Fort Knox KY and Advanced Officer Course, Fort Benning GA
Manager Development Program for Engineers, University of Xxxxxx College of Business Administration
Volunteer, Elder in Local Presbyterian Church
Member, Ride for Life Leadership Committee
Statistical Process Control | Black Belt Management | Lean Manufacturing | OSHA Process Safety Management
Risk Management Certification | Financial Analysis for Non-Financial Managers | Management Development for Engineers Licensed General Contractor | Military Leadership Training
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
March 16, 2018
Hiring Agent Name
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
- I am a forward-thinking and motivated Operations Manager with more than 25 years of diverse and progressive career experience.
- I boast a proven record of delivering comprehensive leadership in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments that call for flexibility, organization and excellent time management skills.
- In any role I take on, I bring along expertise in team supervision, Human Resources, professional development, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen and many other areas.
- My diversity of experience includes actively contributing to process enhancement efforts that drive organizational change. I am adept in identifying areas of progress, as well as areas for improvement.
- Outside of the impressive executive history detailed on my resume, I earned a B.A. n Political Xxxxxxience from Wofford College. I have also engaged in many professional development programs through my employers.
- I also remain active in my local community, both as an Elder in my local church and as a member of the Ride for Life Leadership Committee.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!