This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Specialist who makes decisions to reflect positively on multi-property operations in alignment with a company s goals, and who offers talent in Asset Management, Compliance Review, Regulatory Reporting, IRS / HUD Regulations, LIHTC Program, Team Building / Training, and Documentation Analysis.
- Multi-Credentialed Professional who rises above challenges to achieve desired outcomes, including quickly adapting to evolving scenarios to optimize resources and reach high productivity levels, as well as independently resolving in-depth inquiries among internal / external teams, housing authorities, and / or clients to boost success.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with C-level decision-makers, business / compliance teams, regulatory agencies, and / or clients; who excels in fast-paced autonomous and collaborative environments; and who leads peers by example and with integrity to inspire confidence and forge teamwork to meet objectives.
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) ￨ Fair Housing Specialist (FHS)
Speaker, Xxxxxx Governors Housing Conference (Twice Since 2014)
Coordinator ￨ Instructor of Webinar Trainings Tax Credit Professionals
Vice President of Compliance
- Capitalize on the opportunity to manage forward-thinking property compliance initiatives for this multi-family management company, including reviewing applications and determining eligibility for the affordable housing program for portfolio communities, as well as managing re-certifications, rent increases, and utility allowance changes.
- Collaborate among tax professionals in the industry to participate in webinar trainings, along with leading quarterly training sessions with all community staff to ensure staff are up-to-date with the latest industry news.
- Expertly conduct site visits to review resident files and implement standardization of pending and recertification files.
- Exhibit skill in monitoring facility compliance with regulatory requirements, along with preparing for and attending affordable and LIHTC audits by state and regulatory agencies and identifying errors or key missing documentation.
Tax Credit Compliance Consultant
- Strategically steered targeted asset management and file audits for wide-ranging property investors, including collaborating with key clients such as AOG SunAmerica, Boston Capital, Boston Financial, and SunTrust, among others.
- Ensured continued nationwide compliance with Section 42, including understanding all layers of federal requirements.
- Performed expert physical inspections of properties and units, including comprehensively handling auditing of detailed financial reports and marketing materials, as well as facilitating objective exxxxxxluations of all multi-level property staff.
- Progressed to performing desk audits up to 8,000+ files annually, including reviewing for tax credit compliance.
Director of Compliance (1997 1999)
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward exxxxxxluating agency requirements and implementing compliance procedures for development for all properties, including reviewing applications and determining eligibility for the affordable housing program for specific communities within the portfolio and fielding incoming site staff inquiries.
- Drove compliance initiatives by managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, and utility allowance changes, including conducting visits to review resident files and implementing standardization of pending and recertification files.
- Built and sustained mutually beneficial relationships with core funding agencies, investors, and state housing agencies.
- Ensured seamless operations by consistently monitoring facility compliance with regulatory requirements, along with preparing for and attending affordable and LIHTC audits performed by state and regulatory agencies, performing accurate file audits and identifying all errors or missing documentation, and following up with facilities on file audits.
- Effectively maintained maximum income limits, rent limits, and utility allowances and coordinated rent adjustments.
- Spearheaded results-generating training / development for property management and program staff members.
Community Manager Arbor Lake Apartments, Xxxxxx, XXXXXX (1995 1997)
- Played a vital role in directing community-wide operations, including mentoring and managing a resident-focused team while maximizing the use of resources to achieve goals by planning and prioritizing scheduling and workflow.
- Ensured staff adhered to proper tenant intake procedures and promptly addressed concerns while guaranteeing tenant delinquencies were less than 6% of monthly billed and that resident files complied with Section 42 of the IRC.
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!