This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic HPC Systems Engineer who makes decisions to reflect positively on global technologies initiatives in alignment with a company s vision, and who works to attain a competitive advantage with expertise in Linux, CHAOS, and Windows Server environments and background in InfiniBand fabrics, system integration, and root cause analysis.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who contributes solutions-centric critical thinking talents for insightful, change-driven results.
- Visionary Professional who rises above IT challenges to achieve winning outcomes, including quickly adapting to evolving scenarios to optimize resources and reach high productivity levels, as well as independently resolving in-depth end user issues as an accomplished systems analyst adept at identifying software and infrastructure deficiencies.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with cross-geographical decision-makers, teams, end users, and customers; who excels in fast-paced autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads peers by example and with integrity to inspire customer confidence and forge strong teamwork to meet IT objectives.
Platforms: UNIX ￨ Linux ￨ Redhat ￨ CentOS ￨ Windows Server 2003 / 2008 ￨ Cisco ￨ IOS
Tools: Microsoft Word ￨ Works ￨ Excel ￨ Outlook ￨ Access ￨ PowerPoint ￨ Visio ￨ Publisher ￨ InfoPath
Defense Messaging System ￨ Exchange Server 5.5 / 2000 / 2003 ￨ HP OpenView ￨ Net IQ DRA
Remedy Action Request System ￨ VERITAS NetBackup ￨ Symantec Ghost ￨ Antivirus Enterprise
Hardware: Supercomputers ￨ CRAY GreenBlade ￨ Cisco Switches / Routers ￨ HP Switches
OpenCompute ￨ NetApp E5400 ￨ DDN 9000 / 9900 / 1000 ￨ IBM BlueGene / Q, L, P
Languages: BASH Scripting ￨ VBScript ￨ HTML
- Capitalized on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking technical maintenance for 160,000+ servers within the Facebook fleet, including continually providing excellence in guidance and technical training for on-site technicians.
Identified and drove to resolution a complex issue with network card PXE boot ROMs.
Worked with a manufacturer to fix a bug causing thousands of servers to fail network boot 100% of time.
Served as datacenter lead point-of-contact in designing, testing, and productionizing Facebook mobile device lab into datacenter space; Inventor on patent application 14/750730 Wireless Access Device Isolation Cabinet.
Senior Computation Support Technologist
- Strategically steered troubleshooting and maintenance of next generation supercomputer, Lustre file systems, and InfiniBand fabrics, including diagnosing transient degradation of service and root cause analysis to the latter s fabrics.
Handled complete maintenance of Zin supercomputer #34 on Top 500 supercomputer list.
Co-implemented Sequoia (#3) and Vulcan (#8) supercomputers noted in Top 500 supercomputer list.
Improved user job performance and system uptime by identifying a design flaw in heat sinks in Zin cluster.
- Utilized broad industry knowledge to develop dynamic new methods to improve existing systems and infrastructure, including focusing on Cisco Voice over IP telephony, LAN / WAN redesign, and maintenance serving 3,000 county employees, as well as managing networking infrastructure equipment interconnecting multiple core county agencies.
Designed, deployed, and maintained countywide voice over IP platform serving 20+ county agencies.
Designed a TACACS authentication system to access hundreds of multi-platform networking equipment.
- Collaborated among 4 results-focused engineers in designing, implementing, and maintaining Cisco IP telephony networks, including supporting customers such as Zantaz, Eagle Mountain Casino, and Central Valley Community Bank.
Engineered and deployed custom implementation of Cisco IP telephone platform.
Consistently delivered high-quality on-site and remote assistance to customers on a 24x7 basis.
Customized deployment of Cisco equipment (i.e. Catalyst Switches, Routers, AVVID servers, and IP telephones).
Senior Systems Engineer
- Led targeted decision-making in the details-driven support of 40,000 local and remote users of Trilogy, network, Windows 2000 Active Directory Enterprise, workstation, and mainframe systems within this contract role with the FBI.
- Efficiently installed, configured, troubleshot, and repaired network and telecommunications technologies, along with comprehensively developing and testing software for stand-alone and networked computer applications.
Minimized crisis response times by developing improved methods of resolution.
Developed a Linux-based zoned firewall, catching proxy server, and filtering system.
Developed firmware-based mobile device using UNIX kernel and Verizon s EV-DO technology.
Applied mobile device to broadcast video feeds via forward-looking infrared (FLIR) technologies.
Authored enhanced information flow strategy after identifying flaw in Active Directory nested group hierarchy and Exchange 2000 email distribution groups.
Computer & Communications Systems Control Specialist
- Played a vital role in designing, deploying, and supporting mission-critical information management, network, and communications systems, including optimizing systems and services delivery via ongoing policy and plan development.
- Spearheaded design, implementation, and configuration of tailored systems, including Remedy, Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), NetIQ DRA, Windows Server 2000 and 2003 Active Directory domains, and internal classified data transfer while utilizing Tactical Local Area Network Encryptor (TACLANE) cryptographic devices.
Held Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
Designed customized trouble ticketing system to track, report, and maintain 4,000 user records.
Led project design to replace classified data infrastructure providing classified data to 4,000 staff.
Authored enterprise policy guiding dissemination of unattended Windows 2000 Professional installations.
Allowed enterprise users to move dynamically between work stations by designing and implementing a roaming profile and home directory structure.
Inventor Wireless Access Device Isolation Cabinet No. US20160381818 A1 ￨ Issued 12 / 29/ 2016
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Projected 2010) University of Phoenix
Licensed Private Pilot ￨ UAS Commercial Drone Operator ￨ Licensed Extra Ham Radio Operator
Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Certification (No. 390144723889HPBN) (2006)
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (2004) ￨ Windows 2003 Server Active Directory (2004)
Red Hat RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RHEL 6) (2012) ￨ Red Hat System Administration I (RHCL 6) (2011)
U.S. Air Force Infrastructure Management Certification (2005) ￨ U.S. Air Force Configuration Management Certification (2005)
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Network Design / Administration, Application Development, Strategic Analysis / Planning, Team Building, Multi-Process Optimization, and Installations/ Migrations / Upgrades. I am also highly skilled in Hardware / Software Support, Systems Security, Trends Tracking, Root Cause Analysis, and Troubleshooting. I invite you to refer to my enclosed resume for a detailed account of my extensive technical proficiencies.
Recently, as a Datacenter Technician with Facebook, I expertly led forward-thinking technical maintenance for 160,000+ servers within the Facebook fleet. Within this role, I continually provided excellence in guidance and technical training for on-site technicians in alignment with core objectives to further drive industry dominance within competitive IT markets.
A sampling of my achievements included:
Identifying and driving to resolution a complex issue with network card PXE boot ROMs.
Working with a manufacturer to fix a bug causing thousands of servers to fail network boot 100% of time.
Serving as datacenter lead point-of-contact in designing, testing, and productionizing Facebook mobile device lab into datacenter space; Inventor on patent application 14/750730 Wireless Access Device Isolation Cabinet.
To complement this experience, please note that I am pursuing a rigorous Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at the University of Phoenix and am recognized as a Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA). I also completed training in Red Hat System Administration, Red Hat RHCSA Rapid Track, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, and Windows 2003 Server Active Directory, to name a few.
[ Suggestion! Optional! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting. REMOVE this before sending]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience in systems engineering and support technologist roles, among others.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your team s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
William Espinoza, CCNA
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!