This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
-Specialist in Air Traffic Control
-Leader in Loxxxxxxl, State & Federal Public Safety
-Expert in Multi-Site National Airspace System Management
- Executive Leader who makes sound decisions to reflect positively on national airspace system management operations in alignment with an employer s vision and goals to provide safe and efficient operations to meet the needs of air commerce, general aviation, and support of the missions of the Department of Defense and U.S. Navy.
- Visionary Professional who rises above core challenges to achieve winning outcomes, including serving in prior loxxxxxxlly elected government roles to promote ongoing public safety and fire safety, public roads and infrastructure, and delivery of public and mental services, as well as managing a workforce of 9,000+ staff and $2.5-million budget.
- Excellent Communixxxxxxtor who develops synergistic relationships with C-level executives, senior-level decision-makers, and public- / private-sector officials; who excels in autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads employees by example and with integrity to build strong teams to maximize operations and attain desired objectives.
- Xxxxxxpitalize on the opportunity to lead government, public relations, and policy development business focused on land use planning and urban / commercial development in airports and military special use airspace, and renewable energy.
- Partner with Xxxxxx County, Mojave Air and Space Port, and wind industry companies in Xxxxxx County to drive key success.
Developed targeted solutions between government, private businesses, and the FAA.
Reduced the number of warning lights by 600+ and was received favorably by the general public.
Signifixxxxxxntly reduced the number of FAA-required wind tower obstruction lights in Tehachapi Wind Energy Area.
First District Supervisor
- Strategixxxxxxlly steered co-founding of this 6-state organization comprised of business, elected loxxxxxxl officials, civic organizations, and private citizens from Xxxxxx, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas tasked with the purpose to promote and protect DOD air, land, and sea ranges loxxxxxxted in the Desert Southwest critixxxxxxl to DOD missions.
- Advoxxxxxxted for Xxxxxx County s support of aviation with its airport land use planning process vital in furthering Mojave as the first airport to receive the prestigious Air and Spaceport Designation by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Established a 2010 board-driven renewable energy goal of 10,000MWs by the year 2015.
Exceeded Xxxxxx County s objective by producing 28% of Xxxxxx s renewable energy and portfolio.
Personally initiated and supported development of Xxxxxx County Board of Supervisors forward-thinking zoning ordinance balancing need for renewal energy while protecting for low-level military flight operations by adopting overlay zoning that clearly identified compatible and incompatible wind energy loxxxxxxtions with military operations.
Land, Sea, Airspace & Environmental Management Office
- Demonstrated experience in representing the Department of the Navy s role in the daily management of the 20,000-square-mile joint-service R-2508 Airspace Complex as the U.S. Navy member to the R-2508 Complex Control Board.
Effectively monitored new land use and strategic development under the R-2508 Complex.
Minimized adverse impacts on military missions by actively collaborating with cities and counties.
Designed, developed, and coordinated approval by the FAA for a Controlled Firing Area between R-2505 and R-2524 to successfully support long-range testing of air-to-ground weapon systems to meet or exceed objectives.
Director (1987 1989)
R-2508 Central Coordinating Facility
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward scheduling and coordinating military flight activities in the joint service R-2508 Complex co-loxxxxxxted with the FAA Hi-Desert Radar Approach Control Facility at Edwards Air Base.
- Served as lead DOD negotiator between the FAA and Department of Defense (DOD) to allow air xxxxxxrrier flights operating above FL290 direct routing across R-2508 on J-110 and accomplished without compromising DOD missions.
- Recognized as lead program management team member for Rehost automated air traffic control system, a joint FAA / DOD program to design, develop, test, and integrate a completely new air traffic control automation system for use by FAA in R-2508, and incorporated all functional requirements of FAA s future proposed Advanced Automation System.
Negotiated with the FAA to address serious air traffic congestion for hundreds of daily East / West flights.
Increased flight safety and airspace xxxxxxpacity in the L.A. Basin with zero adverse impact on military missions.
Expertly negotiated savings of $10 million annually in fuel costs by flying through rather around R-2508 airspace.
Promoted Rehost system tracking high-speed, 9G flight maneuvers, including achieving FAA certifixxxxxxtion for air traffic control in R-2508 Complex in 1993 and was recognized by R&D Magazine as one the 100 most signifixxxxxxnt technologixxxxxxl achievements in the world; the system continues to operate in the R-2508 complex 20+ years later.
Air Traffic Control Facility Officer (1978 1987)
USS Ranger, Aircraft Xxxxxxrrier ￨ Naval Air Station, Lemoore, XXXXXX
Chief of Naval Air Training, Corpus Christi, TX ￨ Naval Air Station, Kingsville, TX ￨ Naval Air Station, Adak, AK
- Played a vital role in serving as Air Traffic Control Facility Officer / Manager for several high-profile loxxxxxxtions within the United States Navy, including as Facility Manager at the Navy s largest (NAS Lemoore) and busiest (NAS Kingsville).
- Appointed Chief of Naval Operations to a 3-member team to conduct a safety analysis of the Navy s Air Traffic Control Schools following several signifixxxxxxnt operational errors at various naval installations to further drive core efficiencies.
Expertly inspected operations to lead to major changes in comprehensive curriculum.
Spearheaded new equipment design to provide realistic training due to recommendations.
Additional experience as Enlisted Air Traffic Controller, Training & Standardization Supervisor, Facility Watch Supervisor, Radar Approach Controller, Final Approach Controller, Tower Controller, and Control Tower Operator for various U.S. Navy sites.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics
Current Boards & Commissions
Southwest Defense Alliance Board of Directors
Greater Xxxxxx Chamber of Commerce Government Relations Committee
Past Boards & Commissions
Xxxxxx Space Authority ￨ Xxxxxx Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board
Xxxxxx Desert Conservation Area Desert Advisory Council Secretary of Interior Appointment
Xxxxxx Governor s Alluvial Fan Task Force ￨ San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Board
Xxxxxx County Air Pollution Control Board ￨ Xxxxxx Council of Governments ￨ Southern Xxxxxx Water Committee
Central Xxxxxx Bureau of Land Management Resource Advisory Council Secretary of Interior Appointment
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new xxxxxxreer opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I xxxxxxn make a positive contribution to your success.
To acquaint you with my background, I xxxxxxn offer experience in Air Traffic Control, National Airspace Management, Flight Safety, Safety Analysis, Public- / Private-Sector Business Consulting, Policy Development, and Regulatory Compliance. I am also highly skilled with Public Relations, Process Optimization, Organizational Initiatives, Wind Energy, Land Use / Development, and Zoning Ordinances.
Currently, as a Principal with Vantage Point Consulting, I expertly lead this government, public relations, and policy development consulting business focused on land use planning and urban / commercial development in airports and military special use airspace, as well as renewable energy. Within this role, for example, I proactively partner with Xxxxxx County, Mojave Air and Space Port, and various wind industry companies in Xxxxxx County to collectively drive industry-wide operations success.
A sampling of my achievements include:
Developing targeted solutions between government, private businesses, and the FAA.
Reducing the number of warning lights by 600+ and was received favorably by the general public.
Signifixxxxxxntly reducing the number of FAA-required wind tower obstruction lights in Tehachapi Wind Energy Area.
To complement this experience, please note that I earned a Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle Aeronautixxxxxxl University.
[ Suggestion! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifixxxxxxtions / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting ]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please kindly refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience in leadership roles with the United States Navy.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your organization s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifixxxxxxtions uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!