This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Top Performer who makes sound decisions to reflect positively on general laboratory operations in alignment with a state-of-the-art company s directives and regulatory requirements, and works to attain a key competitive advantage.
- Visionary Professional who rises above challenges to promote quality and achieve winning outcomes, and who expertly complies with CLIA / CLIP, OSHA, FDA, NAVOSH, and EPA regulations while maximizing laboratory workflow.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with senior-level decision-makers; laboratory, research, and scientific professionals; and regulatory agencies; who excels in autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads staff by example and with integrity to attain time-sensitive project / program objectives.
Certificate CAP / LAP Inspector Training College of American Pathologists
Certificate Shipment of Hazardous Materials Department of Transportation
Certificate Work Practices & Procedures ￨ Design & Construction CDC Biosafety Level (BSL) 3
Certificate of Clinical Year Completion University of Cincinnati Medical Technology Program
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (No. 03763712) American Society of Clinical Pathologists Board of Registry
Holds FBI SRA Clearance to Work with Special Agents (Since 2007)
Member, South Central Association of Clinical Microbiology
Associate Member, American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking department operations, including recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing a top-performing team of 60 direct report employees (e.g. technical, lab assistants, customer service), as well as maximizing use of resources by planning and prioritizing workflow to meet or exceed goals.
- Offer experience in writing and maintaining documents in an electronic document control system, along with tracking and analyzing customer technical and operational questions and monitoring and reporting quality assurance monitors.
Served as a go-to inspector on CAP inspections of other clinical laboratories.
Led department through 4 successful CAP inspections and several internal audits.
Improved training, competency documentation, and tracking for 40+ technical employees.
Completed rigorous auditor training to ultimately conduct detailed internal laboratory audits.
Established and validated new methods and technology, including Vitek 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 Process Flowchart committee and assisted with laboratory preparation.
Decreased overtime costs and increased client satisfaction via new methods of monitoring staff productivity.
Quality Assurance Manager (2000 2008)
- Strategically steered laboratory quality assurance initiatives per CLIA / CLIP requirements, including mentoring and managing a team of 7 professionals while coordinating laboratory and vendor audits per all GLP / GCLP guidelines.
- Led targeted monthly quality assurance meetings where monitors, challenge reports, and trends were reviewed, along with continually handling control, maintenance, calibration, and validation of laboratory equipment (IQ, OQ, PQ).
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Quality Assurance Manager (continued)
- Optimized consistency by traveling to military installations to train workers on specimen collection and documentation, and set up onsite respiratory pathogen surveillance during 2003 s SARS outbreak at military exercise in Thailand.
- Ensured seamless operations by completing all chemical and biological safety training for key laboratory employees.
- Served as a Responsible Official for select agent program, including writing and implementing protocols as select agent program with USDA (i.e. Biological Safety Plan for BSL-3E) and serving as point-of-contact for the lab response network.
Completed IATA training for the shipping of dangerous goods.
Developed, initiated, and led the laboratory s proficiency testing program.
Successfully upheld the laboratory s CAP accreditation throughout 5 rigorous inspections.
Created a Quality Assurance Program, including all facets of manuals, monitors, and audits.
Initiated a validation program for standard laboratory testing and laboratory-developed testing.
Coordinated permitting process for import, export, and transfer of diagnostic and infectious specimens.
Served as Biosafety & Logistics Manager tasked with designing and contracting 2 BLS-2 and 1 BSL-3 labs.
Established electronic MSDS tracking system and initiated medical and chemical hazardous waste programs.
Developed an intranet-based document control program and authored 100+ Standard Operating Procedures.
Led development of laboratory database using FoxPro, and moved database system to SQL with Access front-end.
Led 2 safety committees at NRDL, including Chemical Hygiene Committee and Institutional Biosafety Committee.
Laboratory Supervisor (2000 2001)
- Applied strong leadership talents toward actively managing a results-generating team of 15 direct report employees.
Successfully trained staff on microbiological, molecular, and serological protocols and procedures.
Laboratory Technologist (1998 2000)
- Expertly conducted laboratory testing per SOPs, including training tech employees in virology and bacteriology testing.
Prepared research studies with epidemiologists and statisticians.
Coordinated and led initial CAP certification processes for the laboratory.
Completed training in Alabama (UAB) to bring Mycoplasma pneumoniae culture testing to NRDL.
- Played a vital role in conducting detailed laboratory testing processes according to all Standard Operating Procedures.
Streamlined and prepared newly developed laboratory and study documents.
Maximized efficiency by developing a tacking process for laboratory supplies and materials.
Laboratory Supervisor of the Year (2009)
Certificate of Appreciation (2006 ￨ 2003 ￨ 2002 ￨ 2001 ￨ 2000 (Twice) ￨ 1999)
Superior Performance Award (2004)
Letter of Appreciation From Commanding Officer (2004)
Letter of Appreciation From Commanding Officer (2002 ￨ 2000 ￨ 1998)
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Laboratory Operations Management, Quality Assurance, Team Building, Training / Development, Strategic Analysis / Planning, Biosafety, and Safety Preparedness / Control. I am also highly skilled in Project Management, Program Development, Budget Development / Planning, CAP Inspections, Audits, Equipment Calibration / Maintenance, and Regulatory Compliance.
Currently, as a Microbiology Supervisor for LabCorp, I expertly lead high-volume department operations, including recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing a top-performing team of 60 direct report employees (e.g. technical, lab assistants, customer service), as well as maximizing use of resources by planning and prioritizing workflow to meet or exceed goals. Within this role, I also write and maintain documents in an electronic document control system, along with tracking and analyzing customer technical and operational questions and monitoring and reporting quality assurance monitors.
A sampling of my achievements include:
Serving as a go-to inspector on CAP inspections of other clinical laboratories.
Leading department through 4 successful CAP inspections and several internal audits.
Improving training, competency documentation, and tracking for 40+ technical employees.
Completing rigorous auditor training to ultimately conduct detailed internal laboratory audits.
Establishing and validating new methods and technology, including Vitek 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 Process Flowchart committee and assisting with laboratory preparation.
Decreasing overtime costs and increasing client satisfaction via new methods of monitoring staff productivity.
As a Medical Technologist (MT-ASCP), please note that I earned a Bachelor of Science in Medical Terminology from Xxxxxx University. I hold a Certificate for Quality Assurance & Control for the Drug & Biologic Industry from the University of California Extended Studies and Certificate of Clinical Year Completion from the University of Cincinnati Medical Technology Program. I also hold certificates in CAP / LAP Inspector Training, Shipment of Hazardous Materials, Work Practices & Procedures, and Design & Construction.
[ Suggestion! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting ]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please kindly refer to my enclosed resume for additional experience.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your team s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!