This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000 ● Phonexxx-xxx-xxxx ● firstname.lastname@example.org
10 years of experience in Cognos development and administration; strong expertise with Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, and Cognos Workspace Advanced.
Highly regarded for outstanding technical, mentoring, and client relationship management skills.
Proficiency in designing and creating metadata models in Framework Manager.
Able to leverage and enhance Cognos solutions to optimize competitive positioning for large corporations.
Draw upon solid communication skills to clarify requirements from users, instruct teams, train new staff, and expeditiously resolve difficult technical challenges.
Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting and problem analysis methods from end user perspective.
Fleetpride, Irving, Texas, 2014 to Present
Cognos Architect / Senior Cognos Administrator
Clarify requirements from users, train new or junior-level staff, and provide direction to team members.
Install and configure Cognos Analytics V11 components in a distributed platform, administer Cognos TM1, and deliver ongoing support for production and non-production environments.
Govern security aspects such as diligent maintenance of folders, packages, and report access.
Seamlessly migrate reports and packages from development through to UAT and production.
TitleMax, 2013 to 2014
Cognos Administrator / Senior Cognos Developer
Joined forces with business analysts, product managers, and end users to precisely define business rules.
Systematically structured technical design document for Report Studio based on functional specifications.
Developed Framework Manager based on best practices to support report generation and maintenance.
Troubleshot challenging query issues during report development including comparing tabular data from Cognos queries with Netezza queries on data warehouse database.
Proactively teamed with data source owners in determining security access and authorization rules.
Trained, educated, and advised ad hoc query users, business author, and professional author in best practices.
Premier, Inc., 2011 to 2013
Senior Lead Developer
Created models and packages, and published packages to Cognos Connection.
Resourcefully applied security for Framework Manager packages and query subjects.
Prepared technical design document for Report Studio reports based on functional specifications.
Used Report Studio to formulate list, cross tab, drill-through, master-detail, chart and complex reports featuring multiple prompts, conditional formatting, and conditional blocks.
Efficiently processed service requests for modification or changes in existing Report Studio reports and Framework Manager models following upgrade to Cognos 10.1.
Accenture, LLC, 2007 to 2011
United Launch Alliance (ULA), Denver, CO, 2011
Business Intelligence Lead
- Determined BI needs and leveraged Cognos tools to frame data model for report developers.
- Mentored and coached report developers while cooperating with multi-disciplinary staff to deliver solutions.
- Gathered information from business users and SMEs regarding existing Cognos architecture and reports.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy, Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience continued
Boston Scientific, Minneapolis, MN, 2010 to 2011
Reporting Technical Lead
- Led design of six new Cognos reports featuring complex calculations which successfully decreased man hours required to calculate rebate.
- Partnered with Cognos architecture team to enhance performance of existing reports resulting in expedited and more accurate decision-making activities by management.
- Prepared user-friendly instructional manuals and trained staff in use of new solution.
ACE Insurance, Philadelphia, PA, 2010
Consultant / Business Analyst
- Functioned as Subject Matter Advisor/Lead for all development efforts in Cognos 8.4: Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio.
- Directed design and development of Framework Manager model and provide technical leadership to Accenture offshore resources.
Department of Social Security/Pension, California State Government, Sacramento, CA, 2007 to 2010
Senior Consulting Analyst / Business Analyst
- Analyzed, documented and mapped requirements to customer use cases, generated functional and technical designs, and built and tested reports using Cognos Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Migrated reports developed in Cognos 8.2 to Cognos 8.4.1, performed code reviews of Cognos 8.4.1 reports developed by other project team members, and swiftly resolved defects.
- Applied considerable leadership talents toward training, mentoring and motivating offshore team of five in Cognos Reports, achieving excellent cost savings by reducing need for costly in-house labor.
Terremark Worldwide Inc., Miami, FL, 2007
Cognos Report Developer / Business Analyst
- Analyzed product sales and operating performance, and formulating innovative business solutions.
- Incorporated cascading prompts, filters and bookmarks to create effective reports in ReportNet.
- Created data maps to organize critical information required for reports, clarified user requirements, and migrated reports developed in ReportNet to Cognos 8 Report Studio.
- Used Framework Manager to model metadata from sources and publish packages to Cognos Connection.
Merial International, Atlanta, GA, 2006 to 2007
Cognos Report Developer & Framework Manager Modeler
- Collaboratively planned, developed, tested and deployed IREFT (International Region Expense Forecast Tool) to predict expenses of multiple company branches worldwide and compared data against Profit Plan.
- Modeled package in Framework Manager and created list and cross tab reports via Cognos 8 Report Studio.
in Information Systems Management, DeVry University, New York, 2006
IBM Certified Administrator - Cognos 10 BI (Candidate ID: IBM000086417)
Trained in Cognos TM1 10.2.2 and IBM SPSS Modeler 18.0
Cognos 8.4 Transformer ● Cognos BI Administration V.4
Cognos Advanced Report Authoring ● Cognos Framework Manager
SAS (Analysis & Reporting Tools, Analytics, Base & Macros and BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
Cognos 10.2 BI; Framework Manager; Report Studio; Query Studio; Analysis Studio;
Cognos Workspace Advanced; Cognos Connection; Netezza, DB2, Oracle; SQL Server; Windows; Microsoft Project; HTML; VB.NET; Oracle Warehouse Builder
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!