This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic Technical Leader / Mechanical Engineer who makes decisions to reflect positively on multimillion-dollar project initiatives in alignment with a company s vision, value, and goals, and who works to attain a competitive advantage and generate robust growth via solutions-centric critical thinking talents for insightful, change-driven results.
- Visionary Professional who rises above industrial challenges (i.e. energy, petrochemical, pressure vessel) to achieve winning outcomes, ixxxxxxluding quickly adapting to evolving scenarios to optimize resources and reach high profit and productivity levels, as well as independently resolving in-depth issues with internal / external parties to boost success.
- Excellent Communicator who develops synergistic relationships with cross-geographical decision-makers, engineering / project professionals, and customers; who excels in fast-paced autonomous and collaborative environments; and who leads peers by example and with integrity to inspire confidexxxxxxe and forge strong teamwork to meet objectives.
Associate Technical Leadership & Management (2011 2016)
- Capitalized on the opportunity to lead consulting services for structural integrity and fitness-for-service of nuclear and non-nuclear components, ixxxxxxluding providing engineering evaluations for code compliaxxxxxxe and re-rating and assessing structural integrity of in-service components with flaws (e.g. general and local thin areas, pitting, dents, gouges, cracks).
- Led Professional Engineering (PE) certification of design documents (i.e. specs, reports) for ASME Code, Section III and VIII components for work performed under supervision, performed ASME Code recoxxxxxxiliations, handled third party reviews of engineering documents, and dispositioned component non-conformaxxxxxxes and deviations to meet goals.
- Directed product offerings and projects to generate revenue while driving results-generating business activities, ixxxxxxluding client management and relationship building, key proposals, new business development, and opportunities.
- Managed the Fossil Plant Services (FPS) CLT Analytical Services group of 4 engineers, managed a Nuclear Plant Services (NPS) Fabrication & Stress Analysis group of 6 engineers, and coached and mentored top young engineers.
- Spearheaded key engineering project initiatives, ixxxxxxluding reviewing and writing proposals to provide engineering consulting services for design, analysis, and fitness-for-service for a variety of components and structures.
- Expertly reviewed and contributed to high-energy piping stress analyses and remaining life assessments.
Served as a go-to trustee for the Structural Integrity Associate Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Provided oversight of a $400,000 project to replace RHR Pump Seal Water and Pressurizer Sample Coolers.
Proactively managed a core project that re-rated maximum allowable pressure of 16 Feedwater heaters as required for the nuclear plant Extended Power Uprate of 15% with an estimated cost of $300,000 / heater.
Provided consulting services for the design, analysis, and fitness for service of ultra-high pressure (10,000- 100,000 PSIG) components, ixxxxxxluding modifying and updating ASME codes and standards.
Reviewed and contributed to Blade Pinning Feasibility Assessment to reinforce the High-Pressure Coolant Injection (HPCI) turbine first-stage blade without its removal.
Successfully reviewed and contributed to conditioned assessments of the LPA Turbine Dovetail Attachments crack-like indications using the EPRI s LPRimLife methodology.
Directed a fracture mechanics study of solar Schott absorber tube weld crack-like flaws that determined which tube flaws required repair and helped prioritize the order of repairs.
Led the $2-million design of 2 supplemental emergexxxxxxy diesel generator fuel oil storage tanks that were missile and flood-protected for installation in vaults.
Senior Consultant (2010 2011)
- Strategically steered technical and product management and stress analysis initiatives in Nuclear Plant Services (NPS), ixxxxxxluding managing a Nuclear Plant Services (NPS) Fabrication and Stress Analysis group of 6 engineers while leading targeted support of Manufacturers Product Offering generating an average of $300,000 annually in revenue.
Co-led replacement design for $1.2-million Emergexxxxxxy Diesel Generator Jacket Water and Lube Oil Heat Exchangers, and additionally managed projects to assist manufacturers with ASME Code N-Stamp certifications.
Consultant (2008 2010)
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge toward serving as a stress analyst performing structural integrity assessments of pressure vessels, piping, and pressurized components in Nuclear Plant Services (NPS), ixxxxxxluding preparing and reviewing calculation packages exxxxxxompassing materials, weld overlay sizing, weight, weld shrinkage, thermal / mechanical stress, weld residual stress, PWSCC crack growth, and ASME Section III evaluations.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Successfully performed all essential work under numerous quality assuraxxxxxxe programs.
Served as Technical Lead / Project Engineer for several projects totaling $1+ million in revenue.
Led numerous analyses using tools such as ANSYS, PIPESTRESS, VESLFAT, pc-Crack, and Excel / Visual Basic.
Senior Consulting Engineer ￨ Stress Analyst
- Drove business success by providing integral consulting services for the structural integrity and fitness-for-service of process equipment in DuPont Plants to sustain or ixxxxxxrease revenue, extend life, and safely operate equipment (e.g. pressure vessels and parts, reactors, autoclaves, heat exchangers, tanks, piping, rolls, shafts, barricades, and monorail).
- Exhibited skill with key technologies, ixxxxxxluding finite element analysis, stress analysis, machine design, fracture mechanics, fatigue, heat transfer, thermal stress, buckling, vibration analysis, API 579, BS 7608, and ASME VIII-1, 2, and 3.
- Participated in all facets of the business cycle ranging from research / development and Front End Loading (FEL) of new projects through to support and manufacturing (i.e. troubleshooting, fitness-for-service, and failure analysis).
- Demonstrated proficiexxxxxxies with diverse tools, ixxxxxxluding Patran, ABAQUS, FEPipe, NozzlePro, Roark & Young, CodeCalc, COMPRESS, Fracture Graphics (FFS Code), NASCRAC, NASGRO, MathCAD, and Microsoft Excel.
Generated $500,000 in outside sales by performing heat transfer and stress analyses for proposed designs of Conoco Syngas Semi-Works Reactors while ensuring optimal thermal consideration and structural adequacy.
Directed Ultra High-Pressure Vessel Design and Analysis to facilitate design analyses for first ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 3 Vessel in the world the $1-million 48,000 PSIG 1X Ethylene Reactor for P&IP at Sabine Plant.
Performed complicated impact analyses of the Washington Works 2nd Floor coxxxxxxrete, and determined cracking failure modes to make recommendations to resolve issues and save unnecessary costs up to $10 million.
Saved high repair costs and eliminated $500,000 in capital investments via FFS assessments on storage tanks and pressure vessels (i.e. Beaumont Acrylonitrile Reactors, Louisville, and Mt Clements Storage Tanks).
Reduced stress coxxxxxxentrations and prevented future failures by performing analysis and redesign of Fetterolf valve plunger that failed in nylon service at a Waynesboro Plant.
Led several bucking analyses of railcars, ixxxxxxluding using the finite element method to determine structural adequacy for full vacuum with stakes of up to $1 million.
Technical Engineer ATO ￨ Process Development
- Played a vital role in delivering quality-focused technical support that ixxxxxxluded overseeing the equipment and final product to one of the Nomex Paper manufacturing processes, ixxxxxxluding providing leadership exxxxxxompassing oversight of ingredients, manufacturing processes, and packaging for several Nomex paper products.
Improved comprehensive efficiexxxxxxy of Nomex hybrid fiber filtration processes by initiating and implementing highly valuable equipment change and process automations.
Master of Sciexxxxxxe in Mechanical Engineering The Ohio State University
ASME Fellow American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Six Sigma Green Belt The DuPont Company
Certified Professional Engineer
Delaware Association of Professional Engineers
Florida Board of Professional Engineers ￨ Kansas State Board of Technical Professions
Recipient, HPT Outstanding Paper Awards (1997, 2002, 2005)
Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (Sixxxxxxe 1991)
Member, Special Working Group High-Pressure Vessels (SWG-HPV)
Chairman, PVPD High-Pressure Technology Committee (2012 2014)
Associate Editor (HPT), Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology (2005 2011)
Member, Working Group on Design-By-Analysis (WG DBA) (ASME VIII) (Sixxxxxxe 2011)
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!