This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Hiring Agent Name
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a ___________ (INSERT SPECIFIC TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include over 25 years of experience providing logistics, transportation and supply chain management. I have effectively applied my skills and knowledge toward developing productive teams while ensuring regulation compliance within all imports and exports. To complement this background, I offer a strong background implementing strategic process improvement initiatives to increase company-wide efficiency.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Logistics & Transportation Manager
- Innovative, results-oriented Logistical Operations Manager with over 25 years of experience in global transportation and distribution industries.
- In depth understanding of strategic shipping regulation compliance operations and tactical team building processes.
- Regarded for ability to streamline daily operations, resulting in minimized company cost and man hours.
- Expertise in 3 PL integration, supply chain management and effective negotiation strategies.
- Implemented use of non-maintenance AGM batteries within company vehicles, resulting in overall reduction of 20% in yearly expenses.
- Reduced cycle time of freight invoice processing from 10 days to 5 days by utilizing effective motivation tactics and promoting a healthy relationship between logistics personnel and accounts payable.
- Implemented radio frequency identification (RFID) system to automatically identify and track high value tools and jigs from assembly to customer delivery, resulting in reduction of over 1700 man hours per year.
Oversized Cargo Management
Hazardous Material Management
Supply Chain Management
3 PL Integration
River Plate, Inc, Canoga Park, CA 2015-Present
3rd Party Logistics Manager
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills throughout interactions with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Champion process improvement initiatives throughout implementation of highly effective procedures for third party logistic (3PL) customers and production solutions.
- Resourcefully contribute to financial forecasting throughout thorough tracking and report generation.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with International Air Transport Association (IATA) and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) for certification of dangerous goods.
- Chief responsibilities include strategy deployment for various programs, including transportation, logistics and supply chain.
- Streamline logistics management throughout oversight of Stock Keeping Units (SKU s), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
- Utilize aggressive negotiation tactics to maintain bottom line company cost throughout carrier and broker interactions.
Integrated Logistics- Canoga Park, CA 2013-2015
- Fulfilled critical role streamlining process improvement initiatives to effectively maximize outbound shipping activities and create quality control within operating and cost efficiencies.
- Strategically ensured inbound and outbound compliance to all shipping standards, including inspection and certification of hazardous materials shipments and packaging in accordance with D.O.T. regulations.
- Leveraged superior product knowledge to implement effective teambuilding strategies within transportation and mail room units.
- Implemented tactical negotiation skills, instrumental to 3PL integration, establishing best rates, service and terms and conditions.
- Utilized leadership skills to resourcefully develop, implement and track metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for Logistics department.
- Cultivated positive relationships among business units, integral to fostering collaborative approach in supporting procurement, manufacturing and sales/customer service teams.
- Contributed to new supplier s routing guide creation, resulting in increased communication and collaboration between company and suppliers.
Network- Glendale, CA 2012-2013
Lead Operations Specialist
- Assumed lead role implementing process improvement initiatives, key to providing quality assurance, customer satisfaction and overall freight management on international and domestic shipments.
Resourcefully managed FCL (full container load) and LCL (less container load) imports as well as the pre-filing of clothing and apparel.
- Ensured regulation compliance control within shipments, including management of harmonized tariff schedules and classifications.
- Successfully processed documentation for shipper's letter of instruction & customs brokers utilizing the automated export system.
- Leveraged subject matter expertise to establish single pricing sheet for business continuity.
Northrop Grumman Corporation- El Segundo, CA 1986-2012
Lead Traffic Administrator
Effectively managed freight movements of export shipments to ensure compliance & efficiency.
- Contributed to development and implementation of comprehensive third party logistics (3 PL) partnership, critical to supporting worldwide distribution of aircraft spares, components and equipment.
- Resourcefully executed effective team building tactics to lead logistics personnel to support corporation s global logistics needs, while defining and implementing appropriate metrics for day to day operations.
- Established and maintained key supplier relationships (carriers and freight forwarders), resulting in minimized cost and transit time.
- Successfully developed processes for worldwide distribution of ITAR, EAR, products to meet all regulatory and legal requirements relative to duties, fees, and controls.
- Envisioned, designed and implemented supplier routing guide, allowing shippers and consignees to manage inbound and outbound logistic activities.
- Proactively implemented an internal bar code tracking system, utilizing the corporation's web based system, allowing customers to track and trace goods from receipt to delivery.
Bachelor Degree in
Transportation and Logistics Management, American Military University; In Progress
U.S.A.F. Technical Training; Transportation & Logistics- Wichita Falls, TX; 2002
DGI CFR49 Hazardous Materials Certification- Los Angeles, CA; 2013
DGI International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Certification-Los Angeles, CA; 2013
National Defense Transportation Association, Member
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!