This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
379 ECS / SCOO Unit 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000-1208
skype (xxx-xxx-xxxx cell (974) 3368-3613
Electronics and Communications Technician Qualifications
More than 25 years of experience in the design, fabrication, testing, installation, modification, upgrade, troubleshooting and repair of voice, digital / data communication and logic circuitry supporting government and US military operations, including active duty service in the US Army. Depth of knowledge regarding DoD information technology regulations, procedures, and documentation. Proven ability to maintain rigorous quality assurance requirements such as with EIA/TIA-568A/B CAT 5E or higher, and Fiber Standards ST, SC, FC, MTRJ. Adept at blending strong problem-solving skills with outstanding organizational abilities and solid leadership attributes.
~ Technical Proficiencies ~
Microwave and Digital Communications Systems: point-to-multipoint fixed wireless systems, microwave repeater links and network centric architecture systems to 100 Ghz.
Satellite IP and C4 Networking Infrastructure: iDirect 3000 and 5000 Serial Routers, iDirect net modems, and ViaSat Linkway Mesh Architecture.
Hardware: Sci-Com/Andrews Microwave Receivers, LNA s, fiber-optic modems, and multi-channel fiber-optic combiners, IDF s /MDF s, HF/VF/UHF/SSB, Radio, GE Base Stations, Glenayre Paging Transmitters, Cisco Routers 7200 / 3600, Cisco Switches Catalyst 4500 / 3560 / Microsoft Server 2008 / 2003 / Windows 7, Vista Enterprise, XP / 2000/ NT Workstations, Cisco VOIP 7900 Series phones
Experience with V-brick MPEG-2,Promina 800, Fireberd, Satellite IP, and VoIP telephony
Software & Tools: Retina, Update-Expert, Exchange, ISA, Host Based Security System (HBSS), Active
Directory, Citrix, DameWare, Bomgar, ActivClient, Pure Edge
Knowledge of standard networking methods TCP/IP, DNS, ISDN, VPN, DHCP, Ethernet, DSL, PKI, TLS/SSL, VOIP, RADIUS, IPSEC, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, POP, SMTP, and wireless devices 802.11 A,B,G,N
Knowledge of Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) and Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) systems in a Technical Control Facility.
Basic UNIX skills.
Systems Administrator General Dynamics Information Technology Company 2016 - Present
Continue to maintain O&M of equipment/software required to support all non-Enterprise Tier 2 networks and systems for the Network Control Center at Al Udeid AFB, Qatar under the Communications Technical Systems Support (CTSS) contract.
Expertly engineer, install, and maintain AFCENT network equipment in line with new and emerging requirements; work with USAFCENT NOSC, Workgroup Managers, and other agencies as appropriate.
Monitor, troubleshoot, and perform diagnostics to achieve optimal system performance; provide real-time network-level configuration control, network restoration, quality control and performance standards, status reporting, MSL, and backups.
Responsibilities include Network Attached Storage File Servers; Netbackup; Host Base Security System (HBSS)/McAfee; Internal Mail Gateways; Internal Domain Name Server (DNS), Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); Printer Servers; Program Management Office (PMO) System Servers; Bluecoat Proxy Server; Internet Information Server; Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS); Active Directory Domain Controllers; Exchange Servers; Microsoft Collaborative Tool; MS Customer Relationship Management (CRM); System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); SQL 2005 and above; ActiveRoles Server (ARS); Remedy; Microsoft servers.
Network Administrator II Vykin Corporation 2012-2016
- Entrusted to oversee the installation, administration and maintenance of Unclassified and Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) Networks in support of government/USAF operations in Oman and AL Udeid AB.
- Proficiently contributed technical support expertise in maintaining optimal operation of network infrastructure, switches, routers, sniffers, hardware, files, applications, AD servers, and databases.
- Monitored and evaluated systems and architectures to ensure interoperability between systems, networks, and software; identified, investigated, and resolved issues.
- Tasked with supporting non-Enterprise Tier 2/3 networks/systems and maintaining WAN/LAN networks.
- Administered, mediated, installed and patched all client systems via enterprise SCCM; utilized Remedy ticketing processes.
- Provided support and administration, including assisting with deployments and rollouts, for HBSS, Windows 2008 R2/2012, Exchange, VMware, and NAS backup Servers.
Computer Systems Support Specialist III Vista International Operations, Inc. 2011-2012
- Actively oversaw the installation, integration, configuration, and administration of complex information and network systems on behalf of 401st AFSB (S6) in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
- Proficiently researched new technology and recommended hardware/software upgrades, ensuring system compatibility and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for debugging custom applications, resolving software problems and coordinating system tests.
- Successfully coded, implemented and maintained complex applications, electronic forms and hardware/software documentation.
Systems Engineer Combat Support Associates 2010-2011
Effectively supported an 8,000-member unit in Kuwait with IT maintenance, operational logistics and QA.
- Drove the maintenance of an enterprise-wide system, the design of network infrastructures, the upgrade of system security, the testing of systems/hardware, and resolution of Remedy tickets on behalf of company.
- Selected to serve as a Key Member of the Army Chain Management Board and Information Assurance, responsible for performing IA Technical Level II functions IAW Department of Defense Directive 8570.
- Established technical requirements for hardware upgrades; successfully coordinated the upgrade of 4,000 PCs from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
Information Technology Specialist West Point Military Academy 2009-2010
- Oversaw the configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of LANs, network segments, internet/intranet systems, communication/messaging systems, and workstations.
- Skillfully provided remote and on-site Level II Desktop Support for internal and external customers.
Technical Support Engineer II FTI Consulting, Inc. 2007-2009
- Proficiently maximized systems efficiency to streamline overall operations and ensure interoperability between systems, networks and software.
- Facilitated communication with Technical Consultants in diagnosing and repairing technical problems.
Systems Support Technician Walgreens Inc. 2005-2007
- Repaired hardware, software and peripherals; also handled operating systems and network cable setups.
WAN Data Center Support Specialist Chicago Stock Exchange 2001-2004
- Consistently provided user support for all hardware/software issues, systems implementation and monitored WAN traffic to ensure optimal performance.
Military Service United States Army 1977-1995
Education & Credentials
Associate of Applied Science - Computer Networking Engineering Virginia College at Birmingham1998
Associate of Applied Science - Office Automation Systems Virginia College at Birmingham 1996
Secret Clearance (Active)
CCNA in progress (Anticipated completion 2016)
Training for CISSP Testing, 2016
SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner, 2015
Security Plus Certified, 2015
Network + Certified, 2015
Cisco CCENT, 2014
ITIL V.3 Certified, 2013
UNIX Certified, 2006
BICSI Certified, 2013
MCSE - Desktop Infrastructure, 2012
Microsoft Office Specialist, 2003
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Professional, Windows NT4, XP, Vista, Win7
A+ Certified Computer Technician
Certified Novell Administrator
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!