This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Dedicated Social Worker seeking a rewarding career opportunity within the Department of Education.
- Over 20 years of social work experience; skilled in case management, crisis intervention and mediation.
- Dynamic interpersonal communication skills, instrumental to forming positive relationships and fostering a positive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess situations and make knowledge based recommendations to promote the welfare of children.
- Top notch mentorship, organizational and leadership abilities.
Training & Development
Connestions / WMS Child Welfare System
MS Office Suite
The Administration for Children's Services 1994-Present
Supervisor II / Child & Family Specialist (2005-Present)
- Utilize strong knowledge of social work principles to perform in depth assessments of children and families.
- Resourcefully identify individual needs, compile information and make knowledge based placement recommendations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills throughout all day to day interactions.
- Promote safety while fostering a positive environment.
- Consult with OPA staff members, as well as voluntary agency staff members, regarding various placement issues.
Supervisor I / Child Welfare Specialist (1994-2005)
- Fulfilled key leadership position, managing daily operations of 13 staff members within a 24-hour agency-operated boarding home.
- Conducted in depth training and closely monitored employee performance.
- Leveraged strong organizational and leadership abilities to manage budgets, prepare independent living plans and coordinate recreational activities.
- Fostered a positive, safe environment.
Child Welfare Specialist
- Served as an advocate for children and adolescents facing various hardships.
- Used strong organizational skills to manage multiple cases simultaneously; responsible for facilitating referrals, developing permanency plans and facilitating conferences.
- Conducted in depth assessments and thorough reviews of situations; filed annual extensions of placement petitions regarding legal custody of children in foster care.
- Educated parents and caretakers on various topics, including social development, education and employment.
Cornell Cooperative Extension, New York, NY 2001-2002
Project Administrator (Internship)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and coordination abilities while facilitating various projects, programs and activities for the 4H club.
New York City Department of Corrections, New York, NY 2000-2001
Substance Abuse Counselor (Internship) - Riker's Island
- Gained valuable exposure to effective social work processes; responsible for performing intake, as well as group counseling.
Total Quality Management Training, Hunter College, New York, NY
Certification in Management and Supervision
L.M.S.W., Administration, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!