This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Driven, passionate Teacher & Educator with years of diverse global and domestic experience, including work elementary students, older children and adult populations. Possess an innate enthusiasm for working with children using sharpened planning and people skills. Operate seamlessly with xxxxxxhool and district administration, as well as students families to operate in a team capacity. Always demonstrate a calm, reassuring manner in the classroom and work diligently with students in a way that encourages creativity. Adept in communicate with, inspire and drive students to achieve greatness in a diverse setting. Now in pursuit of an Elementary Xxxxxxhool Classroom Teacher role in an overseas setting focused on Pre-K to second grade.
Lesson Planning | Classroom Management | Curriculum Development | Writer s Workshops | Guided Reading | Balanced Literacy
Inquiry-Based Learning | Time Management | Organization | Problem Solving | Critical Thinking | Interpersonal Communication
Document-Based Questions | Administrator: DIBELs, DRA2, MAP and ACT Aspire | MAP Data | MS Office
Co-instruct Everyday Mathematics in second and third grade classrooms, using Every Day Math differentiated inquiry lessons in working with individual learners
Teach small-group ELA and excel in assessing reading levels via DIBEL; call on data to differentiate instruction and teach xxxxxxience using the Apple Teacher inquiry method
Serve as the Lead ESOL teacher for one of the largest programs in the district; also sit on the program s Advisory Board
Organize and engage in events including Parent s Nights, Games Clubs, Homework Clubs and a World Family Night featuring demonstrations from different countries
Instructed in small groups, as well as proctored state testing functions
Co-taught a total of 118 students in sixth grade xxxxxxience and seventh grade ELA
Also organized and ran events such as Parent s Nights
- Successfully taught on an as-needed basis in 18 of the district s 27 elementary xxxxxxhools.
- Learned a great deal about all of the xxxxxxhools and what proved to be successful in working with each
- Demonstrated a willingness to adapt to a diverse array of learning environments
- Expanded the xxxxxxhool s small Early Childhood Program to include a full nursery, Pre-K and kindergarten
- Proved vital in coaching, guiding and supervising new Teachers; also trained all Teaching Assistants
- Worked collectively with Teachers to establish high student expectations when working with diverse populations; utilized the Massachusetts learning standards, curriculum frameworks and assessments in doing so
- Skillfully managed a classroom using Emotionally Responsive Practice
- Taught online courses using data-driven instruction to develop a comprehensive xxxxxxope and sequence for second grade
- Planned lessons with Understanding by Design framework
- Designed a read-at-home program for students, which also included a weekly newsletter to their families
- Impeccably implemented Reader s and Writer s Workshops in a balanced literacy program setting
- Directed and choreographed annual productions, as well as organized an annual soccer tournament ages 3-6
- Evaluated student learning via DRA2, portfolios, anecdotal records, conferencing and peer evaluation
- Worked collectively as part of the Xxxxxxience Vertical Alignment and Xxxxxxhool Improvement Committees; also served as Assistant Chair and Secretary for the AdvancED Accreditation Committee
- Instructed in the areas of math, language arts, physical education, music, and art, as well as remedial reading for second and sixth grade
- Also operated as the Lead Teacher in addition to classroom teaching
- Effectively monitored KG2 curriculum pacing
- Ran weekly Teacher meetings
- Coordinated end-of- year productions for over 200 students
Also worked as a Substitute Teacher in Troy City Xxxxxxhool District (1998-1999)
and with Berne Knox Westerlo Central Xxxxxxhool (1997)
Master of Xxxxxxience, Elementary Education, Sage Graduate Xxxxxxhool (GPA 3.95)
Bachelor of Arts, Sarah Lawrence College
Certification, Early Childhood, Elementary, ESL and Economics, State of Xxxxxx
Certification, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6, State of New York
Bank Street College of Education: Mathematics and the Young Child; Clarifying Comprehension
Pearson: SIOP Training; RTI
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Assessment Considerations for RTI in Mathematics; Applying Response to Intervention in Mathematics to Support ALL Learners; Developing Effective Instruction for Fractions, Ratios, and Proportional Reasoning; Preparing for the First Day of Mathematics Instruction and Beyond; Effective Mathematics Instruction: The Role of Mathematical Task; Mathematics Teaching and Student Learning: What Does the Research Say?
National Association for the Education of Young Children: Documenting Quality: A Teacher s Guide to Creating a Classroom Portfolio; Developmentally Appropriate Practice
Montessori Educational Programs International: Completed the one-year academic portion of the teacher preparation program for three- to six-year-olds
Member, National Association for the Education of Young Children
Member, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Member, National Xxxxxxience Teachers Association
March 19, 2018
Hiring Agent Name
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
I bring to any role years of proven education and teaching success, primarily as it relates to classroom management in group and one-on-one settings. It is my hope to put the skills I ve refined over the years to practical use in a challenging, engaging new setting that will allow for leverage of my talents in a global environment.
My experiences thus far have sharpened my interpersonal and relationship building competencies, as well as my ability to connect positively with students, peer colleagues and the families of students. I ve often served as a Lead Teacher and organizer of workshops, events and xxxxxxhool productions.
As a professional, I am able to excel in fast-paced settings that call for adaptability. I work well as both an independent achiever and valued team member to lend to seamless classroom instruction using differentiated learning methods.
I also have experience in program management, with a background that includes establishing operations for an Early Childhood Program to serve students in environments ranging from nursery xxxxxxhool to kindergarten.
To pair with my work chronology, I have a Master of Xxxxxxience in Elementary Education and a Bachelor of Arts. I also have certification to teach students ranging from Pre-K to sixth grade in various subject areas within the States of Xxxxxx and New York. Furthermore, I am a lifelong learner at heart, having partaken in countless trainings and professional development functions.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!