This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
711 West Gordon Terrace, Unit 804 ￨ Xxxxxx, XXXXXX xxxxxx ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx ￨ firstname.lastname@example.org
Detaxxxxxxs-oriented leader specializing in Process Development, Process Engineering, Project Management, Technology Transfer, and Research & Development and offering industry talents in oxxxxxx and gas, chemicals, specialty chemicals, biotechnology, biofuels, renewables, and pharmaceuticals with a commitment to exceeding goals.
Highly Qualified Chemical Engineer who quickly resolves complex process and project challenges whxxxxxxe adapting to evolving multi-site scenarios. Top Performer who contributes a proven biotechnology background with large corporation and start-up experience. Integral Leader who excels in autonomous and collaborative environments across wide-ranging internal and external project initiatives. Top Performer who actively achieves winning outcomes due to superior critical thinking skxxxxxxls and sharp attention-to-detaxxxxxx to facxxxxxxitate insightful, change-driven results. Excellent Communicator who buxxxxxxds beneficial relations with decision-makers, project teams, and clients.
Senior Development Engineer (2013 Present)
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking process engineering and engineering research and development initiatives focused on collectively advancing continuous gas fermentation technology practices.
- Cost-effectively manage project scheduling and budgeting across wide-ranging concurrent government projects, automation and controls projects, and pxxxxxxot plant design and buxxxxxxd-out in alignment with core goals.
Project Manager Design & Implementation of New $3-Mxxxxxxlion Internal Pxxxxxxot
Successfully set pxxxxxxot design basis for process and technology development and scale-up for the production of fuels and chemicals via the continuous gas fermentation process.
Led a process engineer team through basic and detaxxxxxxed engineering (i.e. PFD generation; P&ID review; equipment, instrumentation, and analytics sizing, selection, and procurement; pxxxxxxot facxxxxxxity buxxxxxxd-out).
Internal Process Control and Automation Project Lead
Managed a highly-qualified team of process and control engineers in developing advanced process control strategies incorporating fundamental reactor and fermentation models.
Coordinated and led the research and development program, including facxxxxxxitating demonstration of online analytics for gas, liquid metabolites, and biomass measurements.
ARPA-E REMOTE Program Principal Investigator with LanzaTech as Project Lead
Directed a $5.2-mxxxxxxlion project for novel bioreactor concept development and modeling, bioreactor CFD simulations, LCA studies, and methanotroph strain development.
Successfully awarded $4.9 mxxxxxxlion in follow-through funding for the pxxxxxxot implementation.
Expertly gathered a project team, led the critical proposal writing stage, developed project scope of work and technical deliverables, and generated a cost-conscious project budget.
LanzaTech PI ARPA-E OPEN Project as Sub Under University of Washington
Served as LanzaTech Project Lead and Project Manager tasked with all facets of process development, technical reporting, and budgeting.
Led continuous fermentation process development and TEA modeling for the microbial conversion of CH4 and O2 to lipids for the production of biodiesel.
Facxxxxxxitated advanced CH4/O2 gas fermentation from batch to viable continuous process.
Interim Plant Manager Freedom Pines Biorefinery (2014 2015)
- Applied strong leadership talents toward directing large-scale plant operations, including mentoring and managing a solutions-driven staff of 15 operations, maintenance, and administrative staff in attaining objectives.
- Optimized use of resources to achieve goals as technical program manager prioritizing site operations and engineering activities, including actively supervising an on-site construction manager and establishing guidelines.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Interim Plant Manager Freedom Pines Biorefinery (continued)
- Exhibited sharp analytical abxxxxxxities toward creating a multimxxxxxxlion-dollar site operating and capital budget detaxxxxxxing utxxxxxxity consumption, chemicals, and consumables, contractor and equipment expenses, and labor costs.
- Directed site planning, purchasing, budgeting, and safety control across a combination of active and construction projects between gas fermentation, biomass gasification, and hydrocarbon production processes.
Successfully led site safety committees for audits, investigations, MOCs, and SOPs.
Improved purchasing, inventory, and accounts payable via newly established procedures.
Increased operations staff and initiated a tiered operator structure for enhanced productivity.
Associate Senior Process Development (2011 2013)
- Strategically steered process engineering efforts focused on economic modeling, process simulation, and business development, including serving as the lead technical interface in preparing technoeconomic analyses.
- Maximized bottom-line results by actively pursuing business development in U.S., India, and SE Asia markets.
- Facxxxxxxitated process modeling and simulation for integration of LanzaTech technology with MSW, coal, petcoke, and / or biomass gasification; refinery; petrochemical; natural gas reforming; and gas separation technologies.
Developed a detaxxxxxxed framework for multiple JDAs and MOUs.
Led technoeconomic model development for LanzaTech gas fermentation technology.
- Utxxxxxxized broad scope of industry knowledge toward handling process modeling, process design, and plant operations support, including commencing internal efforts in reactor and fermentation modeling and incorporating fundamental process models into comprehensive conceptual process design methodologies.
- Led all aspects of set design basis and performance metrics, equipment sizing, bioreactor design, and P&ID review for a commercial plant, and initiated key multi-phase hydrodynamic testing and modeling efforts.
- Contributed experience in generating preliminary Michaelis-Menten gas fermentation kinetic models.
Spearheaded on-site operation, data analysis, mass balance, and process troubleshooting for New Zealand- and China-based pxxxxxxot and pre-commercial demonstration plants.
Personally developed an experimental framework for fermentation kinetic modeling for modeling microbial growth, metabolite selectivity, and substrate inhibition.
Expertly developed testing methodology between lab, pxxxxxxot, and pre-commercial demonstration plants, including a strategic analytics and experimental program for measuring bioreactor hydrodynamics, gas holdup, liquid velocity, and kLa.
Associate Senior Consultant Engineer
Chemical Process Research & Development
- Played a vital role in leading small molecule continuous crystallization process development (i.e. cooling and antisolvent crystallizations), including developing growth, primary, and secondary nucleation kinetic models for multiple penultimate and final API crystallization processes in alignment with research and development goals.
- Developed continuous crystallization platform, including facxxxxxxitating results-generating experiment and equipment design, analytical protocols, and kinetic modeling methodology.
Promoted seamless process development / optimization and technology transfer.
Spearheaded Quality by Design (QbD) initiatives and drug product / drug process integration.
Served as a lab pxxxxxxot material production campaign Team Leader for final API continuous crystallization, mxxxxxxling, fxxxxxxtration, and drying processes to meet formulation studies specs, and successfully led a team of 4 operators for production of >50 kg of final API.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Three ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Office of Technology & Industry Alliances (TIA)
Marketing & Technology Analysis Intern
- Liaised among patent attorneys to evaluate invention disclosures and explore licensing agreements between the university and inventor(s) as part of the Graduate Program in Management Practice Certificate Program.
Led targeted marketing studies on potential state-of-the-art technologies to be licensed.
Conducted evaluations of new science and engineering technologies for key marketabxxxxxxity.
Doctorate of Phxxxxxxosophy in Chemical Engineering
Doctoral Research in Optimal Design and Operations of Chemical Processes with Recycle
3.64 GPA ￨ Completed Graduate Program in Management Practice (GPMP)
Extensive Courses in Management, Finance, Marketing, and Communications
AIChE Ambassador ￨ BASF Summer Course Attendee
Pan American Advanced Studies Institute Program Attendee
Chemical Engineering Teaching Assistant of the Year (2006 ￨ 2007)
AACE International Competitive Scholarship Finalist ￨ Esteemed Service Award
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
Undergraduate Research in Hysteresis and Scanning Behavior of MCM Materials
3.96 GPA ￨ 4.0 GPA in Major ￨ 1st in Class ￨ Summa Cum Laude
Golden Key National Honor Society ￨ Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society ￨ National Society of Collegiate Scholars
AspenTech ￨ HYSYS ￨ MATLAB ￨ Mathematica
Mathcad ￨ FastTrack ￨ Adobe Creative Solutions ￨ LaTeX
Distxxxxxx ￨ NetSuite ￨ Microsoft Office ￨ Microsoft Project ￨ Visio ￨ Pentair PRV Sizing Software
US Patent Application US xxx-xxx-xxxx 5 A1, Microbial Conversion of Methane, 2015.
US Patent 8658402, Process for the Production of Esters, 2014.
US Patent Application WO/2013/119866, Improved Carbon Capture in Fermentation, 2013.
D. W. Griffin & M. A. Schultz. Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy. 2012, 31, 219; TC-Biomass 2011 Special Issue.
D. W. Griffin, D. A. Mellichamp, and M. F. Doherty. Chem. Eng. Sci. 2010, 65, 5770.
D. W. Griffin, D. A. Mellichamp, and M. F. Doherty. Ind. Chem. Eng. Res. 2009, 48, 8037; J. B. Joshi Issue.
M. A. Lovette, A. R. Browning, D. W. Griffin, J. P. Sizemore, R. C. Snyder, and M. F. Doherty. Ind. Chem. Eng. Res. 2008, 47, 9812. 100th Anniversary Issue.
D. W. Griffin, D. A. Mellichamp, and M. F. Doherty. AIChE J. 2008, 54, 2597.
D. W. Griffin, et. al. Ind. Chem. Eng. Res. 2006, 45, 8056.
G. A. Tompsett, L. Krogh, D. W. Griffin, and W. C. Conner. Langmuir 2005, 21, 8214.
Excellent Professional References Provided Upon Request
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
711 West Gordon Terrace, Unit 804 ￨ Xxxxxx, XXXXXX xxxxxx ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx ￨ email@example.com
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer proven experience in Multimxxxxxxlion-Dollar Project Management, Process Development, Process Engineering, Technology Transfer, and Research & Development. I am also highly skxxxxxxled in High-Volume Plant Management, Global New Business Development, Team Buxxxxxxding / Training, Budget Development / Control, Workflow Prioritization, Best Practice Methodologies, Strategic Analysis / Planning, and Regulatory Compliance, among other areas.
Currently, as a Senior Development Engineer for LanzaTech, Inc., I lead forward-thinking process engineering and engineering research and development initiatives focused on collectively advancing continuous gas fermentation technology practices. Within this role, I manage project scheduling and budgeting across wide-ranging concurrent government projects, automation and controls projects, and pxxxxxxot plant design and buxxxxxxd-out in alignment with goals.
During this time, I successfully:
Led a process engineer team through basic and detaxxxxxxed engineering efforts for a $3-mxxxxxxlion internal pxxxxxxot.
Served as ARPA-E REMOTE Program Principal Investigator, and was awarded $4.9 mxxxxxxlion in follow-through funding for the pxxxxxxot implementation of a $5.2-mxxxxxxlion project for a novel bioreactor concept development and modeling, bioreactor CFD simulations, LCA studies, and methanotroph strain development.
Performed as Project Lead and Project Manager tasked with all facets of process development, technical reporting, and budgeting for an ARPA-E OPEN Project as sub under the University of Washington.
Directed a team of process and control engineers in developing advanced process control strategies incorporating fundamental reactor and fermentation models, and spearheaded research and development.
To complement this experience, please note that I earned a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (3.64 GPA) from the University of California, Santa Barbara and a B.S. in Chemical Engineering (Summa Cum Laude) from the University of Massachusetts.
I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!