This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Skillful, energetic professional with a track record of nursing administration excellence. Driven leader with experience in an array of healthcare settings including Acute, Long-Term, Emergency Services, Psychiatric Services, Educational and Community-Based. Expert in monitoring care and encouraging empowerment using education, policy enforcement, procedures development and program creation used to meet or exceed the evolving needs present in the industry s dynamic infrastructure. Motivated Keynote Speaker across states, able to discuss caring for and the challenges associated with the Axis I and. II patients diagnosed with acute and chronic debilitative psychiatric, behavioral, personality and substance abuse disorders. Manager of pharmacy, physician and skilled therapy services. Supervisor for more than 800 healthcare staff and 2K+ patients. Willing to travel 90-100 percent of the time. Develop and execute sound policies and procedures throughout all managed companies, discussed at educational meetings with executive staff. Monitor and assist in state and federal investigations and surveys. Developer of corrective plans based on any deficient practice with system changes or policy revisions. Assisted in the development of guidelines used to care for specialized patient populations with mental and cognitive impairments.
Crisis Response | Patient Advocacy | Acute and Long-Term Patient Care Delivery | Behavior Modification | Program Writing
Quality Assurance & Control | Critical Thinking | Problem Solving | Regulatory Compliance | Facilities Management
State Program Development | Organization | Prioritization | Time Management | Budgeting | Census Development
Reliant Care Management Company, LLC
Executive Vice President of Clinical Services (2002 2017)
Director of Nursing Care Services (1995 2002)
Successfully directed a skilled nursing facility for 200+ beds
Monitored nursing care and practices to ensure both met or exceeded regulations at the state or federal levels
Educated, trained and developed policies and procedures intended to heighten overall levels of efficacy
Led acuity-based staffing functions, as well as budget, census, and staff empowerment functions for nursing and ancillary service teams
Visited facilities to ensure nursing practice beyond expectations set forth by standards of practice in the nursing care system
Saw zero deficient nursing practices in five of the seven years in the Director role
Earned internal promotion in 2002 to Executive Vice President, with additional duties included; spent 16 years as the Executive VP managing 25 inpatient facilities and four outpatient facilities
Areas managed as the Executive VP include TBI Special Care, Acute, Chronic, Axis 1-3 Patients, Consultants LCSW, ANP, Physicians, Pharmacists, Nursing, Rehabilitative and Managed Care
Fulton State Hospital
Hannibal Regional Hospital
House Supervisor and Educator, Staff Nurse (1989 1995)
Spent eight years working in Intensive Care and Med/Surg Charge Nursing and Rotation in Emergency and Trauma 1 Care settings
Taught LPN Program courses in a Clinical Instructor capacity for two years at the Hannibal Area Vocational Technical School
Master of Science, University of Missouri Columbia
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Culver- Stockton, Blessing Reiman College of Nursing
Registered Nurse Program, Culver- Stockton, Blessing Reiman College of Nursing
Prerequisite Courses, Hannibal LaGrange University
Licensed Practical Nurse Program, Hannibal Area Vocational Technical School
Past Board member, Missouri Board of Nursing | Missouri Nursing Administration | Chair for the Advocacy for Mentally Ill and Challenged Coalition
Crisis Methodology Program Coordinator | Clinical Master Instructor for Crisis Prevention Intervention
March 19, 2018
Hiring Agent Name
Dear [Hiring Agent Name],
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity in a (INSERT TITLE OF TARGET POSITION) capacity and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration. As demonstrated in the accompanying resume, my professional qualifications include the following accomplishments:
- In any nursing administration leadership role, I bring with me a strong educational foundation. I have a Master of Science, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, completed a Registered Nurse Program and have my Licensed Practical Nurse Program credential as well. All of these experiences only served to further refine both my clinical skills and my ability to master concepts in order to guide others in achieving the same.
- To any organization, I can offer a wealth of experience, having worked extensively in Acute, Long-Term, Emergency Services, Psychiatric Services, Educational and Community-Based healthcare settings. I use education, policy enforcement, procedural development and program creation to exceed the ever-changing needs from within the industry s infrastructure. I also use these to encourage others empowerment.
- Due to my acumen, I am asked to serve as a Keynote Speaker at events across the country to discuss caring for and the challenges associated with Axis I and II patients with acute and chronic debilitative disorders. I am willing to travel for work engagements, for as much as 90-100% of the time.
- My leadership capabilities have also been sharpened as the direct result of having supervised over 800 staff members and 2K+ patients. Over the years, in managing others, I ve become an expert in implementing policies and procedures. Also, I always discuss pertinent topics at educational meetings with executive staff and other affected stakeholders to foster open lines of communication. This requires superb interpersonal and public speaking know-how.
- With any opportunity I tackle, I will always utilize all resources at my disposal to boost productivity levels and, hopefully, troubleshoot issues as they arise to ensure satisfaction for all involved. It is my hope to put what I ve learned over the years to good use in an executive-level role in an exciting new setting.
As an employee, you will find me to be a driven team player committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to your organization, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Jim Thompson, MS, RNC, BSN, BA
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!