This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) possessing over 10 years of clinical and administrative experience.
- In depth knowledge of pharmacology, refractometry, visual assessments and contact lenses.
- Experienced in taking detailed medical histories and properly triaging patients.
- Skilled in operating various types of clinical equipment to ensure high quality patient care.
Humphrey Visual Field Testing
Nidek Fundus Photos
Corneal Topography Machine
The Fullerton Eye Institute, John D. Zdral, M.D., Inc., Fullerton, CA 2003-Present
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
- Fulfill multi-faceted clinical and administrative role; provide direct support to patients and Ophthalmologists in various capacities.
- Use strong medical knowledge to assess / triage patients, dilate patients, conduct visual assessments and take manual / automated lensometry.
- Demonstrate an excellent attention to detail while recording patient information, processing authorization requests for HMO patients and preparing weekly surgery schedules.
- Duties include Goldmann Tonometry, pharmacology and refractometry.
- Utilize multiple types of clinical equipment to perform day to day tasks.
- Promote health and safety by ensuring proper sterilization techniques are performed.
Harshad R. Shah M.D., F.A.C.C., Inc., Huntington Beach, CA 2002-2003
- Leveraged excellent communication skills and medical knowledge to maintain open lines of communication between Physician and patients in a Cardiology and Internal Medicine practice.
- Performed various clinical tasks, including ear lavage, assisting in minor surgeries and performing injections.
- Conducted various tests, including EKG, routine pacemaker checks and stress tests, to assist in proper diagnosis of patients.
- Accurately recorded patient information, including vital signs and medical history.
Kaiser Permanente, Huntington Beach, CA 2002
- Gained valuable exposure to best medical practices within a fast-paced hospital environment.
- Provided direct support to Physicians, with associated responsibilities including checking vital signs, EKG testing and assisting with minor surgeries.
- Accurately recorded patient information, scheduled appointments and informed patients of lab results.
Certified Opthalmic Assistant, JCAHPO
Coursework Completed, Bryman College, Anaheim, CA; 2001-2002
Honor Roll | Academic Excellence | Perfect Attendance
Coursework Completed, Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA; 1998-2000
High School Diploma, Los Alamitos High School, Los Alamitos, CA; 1986-1990
Continuing education courses in the field of Ophthalmology; 2003-Present
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!