This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Specializations in Surgery and PACU Departments
- Integral Leader and RN who facilitates the delivery of responsible patient care for all ages based on industry and / or facility standards of practices, and spearheads results-focused strategies to boost healthcare success.
- Top Performer who offers proven experience in large-scale healthcare optimization, including developing and implementing forward-thinking programs, policies, and processes to achieve continued high-quality care.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who exhibits up-to-date knowledge of national healthcare trends and critical statistics.
- Excellent Communicator who builds and sustains synergistic relationships with senior-level administrators, physicians, healthcare teams, patients, family members, and the community; who excels in both autonomous and collaborative work environments; and who leads staff by example and with integrity to attain objectives.
Successfully reduced overtime unit expenses to less than 60% by addressing staff scheduling issues.
Led a committee to review hospital policies / procedures for Joint Commission accreditation survey.
Built strong relationships with community organizations to finance OR projects not covered by budget.
Improved OR utilization efficiency by addressing block time and release issues via multi-department collaboration.
Conceptualized, developed, and established a new training program for incoming Registered Nurses and Operating / Surgical Techs in collaboration with ambulatory surgery centers to address shortage of employees.
Clinical Nurse I
- Utilize broad scope of industry knowledge toward providing forward-thinking direct patient care to adult patient populations, including proactively addressing psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment while continuously communicating with all surgeons and anesthesiologists.
- Circulate and scrub for Cardiothoracic, Neuro, General, GU-GYN, and Robotics (Cardiac and Thoracic) services.
Hospital Unit Supervisor (2006 2009)
- Strategically steered responsible patient care within the peri-operative environment, including mentoring and managing a top-performing team of 40 staff within Surgery and PACU departments, as well as seamlessly consulting among staff, physicians, and Nurse Executive on issues and interpretation of critical hospital policies.
- Contributed solid analytical skills in managing high-volume department budget and participated in QI activities.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy ￨ Page Two ￨ (xxx-xxx-xxxx
Staff Nurse (2006)
- Delivered quality-oriented direct patient care to neonate through geriatric patient populations, including addressing psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care related to the critical surgical environment.
- Led targeted decision-making among a team of surgical nurses, including maximizing use of resources to attain goals by planning / prioritizing healthcare workflow in alignment with patient needs and care outcomes.
- Liaised among surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding patient conditions, continually participated in performance improvement activities, and cost-effectively maintained surgical equipment and key inventory.
Staff Nurse II ￨ Hospital Unit Supervisor Acting (2000 2004)
- Played a vital role in leading patient-focused teams within a fast-paced healthcare environment, including meeting or exceeding patient medical goals by performing wide-ranging nursing tasks to attain care outcomes.
- Drove care success for a neonate through geriatric patient population, including interfacing among surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding patient conditions and assisting during operative and invasive procedures.
- Efficiently assessed operating room for PACU equipment functioning and readiness, obtained supplies for individual cases, managed inventory, and ensured all appropriate needs of surgical operating team were met.
- Ensured seamless operational processes by monitoring, positioning, and assisting patients during procedures.
Staff Nurse ￨ Head Nurse
- Delivered accurate patient care within an operative environment, including mentoring and managing a team of 13 staff in a Surgery and PACU unit while providing direct patient care to neonate through geriatric patients.
- Expertly addressed psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care related to the key surgical environment.
Master of Arts Executive Program for Nurses Columbia University Teacher s College
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Velez College
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Divine Word University
Basic Life Support American Heart Association
Certified Nurse Operating Room Certification Board Perioperative Nursing
Professional Licensure Registered Nurse
State of New York (Expires 2019)
Texas Board of Nursing (Expires 2016)
Xxxxxx Board of Nursing (Expires 2017)
Georgia Board of Nursing State of Georgia (Expires 2018)
State University of New York Education Department Office of the Professions (Expires 2019)
Member, Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!