This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dynamic M.A. in Mathematics Graduate who is committed to leading scholastic initiatives to improve education and learning for everyone, promote sustainable academic growth, and drive innovative Curriculum and Program Design, and who exhibits proven professional interests in Team Building, Tutoring Lab Management, and Math Instruction.
- Visionary Professional who rises above challenges to attain winning scholastic outcomes, and who is experienced with Performance Enhancement, Continuing Education Program Development, Lesson Planning, and Policy Development.
- Excellent Communicator who builds mutually beneficial relationships with students of various academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, and who seamlessly interfaces among key administrators, peers, and leadership teams.
Master of Arts in Mathematics (3.51 GPA) Kent State University
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Cum Laude ￨ Harshbarger Mathematics Scholarship) Kent State University
Doctoral Mathematics Studies (Teaching Assistant ￨ 21 Graduate Credit Hours) University of Michigan
Undergraduate Mathematics Studies (Resident Assistant ￨ Presidential Scholarship) Otterbein College
Current Faculty Advisor, Mathletes Infinity Mathematics Club, University of Xxxxxx Clear Lake (Since 2014)
Director Math Center
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking Math Center operations, including redeveloping and implementing the school s first comprehensive Math Tutoring Center offering tutoring for Physics, Statistics, and Math courses, as well as consistently attaining .5 higher GPA among students using the center compared to non-users.
- Expertly transition with the school from a 2-year feeder school to a 4-year university while cohesively mentoring and managing a top-performing team of 2 administrative staff, as well as employing a student tutor staff between 8 and 14.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement the center s first-ever tutor training and continuing education programs, including successfully increasing center-wide attendance by 250% while maintaining excellence in student satisfaction.
- Optimize scholastic success by performing details-focused grade impact analysis on various students visiting the center.
- Design and develop the center s policy and employment practices and develop the Supplemental Instruction program.
Instructor Math 2413 Calculus I (Spring 2015)
Instructor Math 11009: Modeling Algebra (Spring 2012 ￨ Fall 2013)
Math xxxxxx: Algebra for Calculus (Fall 2011 ￨ Spring 2013)
Math xxxxxx: Trigonometry (Fall 2012)
Math 11012: Intuitive Calculus (Fall 2013)
Teaching Assistant Math 00021: Basic Algebra I ￨ II ￨ III ￨ IV (Fall 2011 Fall 2013)
Instructor Math 103: College Algebra (Fall 2008 ￨ Spring 2009 ￨ Spring 2010)
Math 124: Survey of Calculus I (Summer 2009 ￨ Fall 2009)
- Planned and presented dynamic multi-level, multi-subject instruction by employing effective teaching methodologies designed to facilitate engaging and challenging lesson plans and attain key increases in student performance on testing.
AMS / AMA Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Antonio, XXXXXX (2015)
MAA MathFest, Portland, OR (2014) ￨ MAA MathFest, Knoxville, TN (2006)
The Ohio State University Young Mathematicians Conference, Columbus, OH (2007)
Bowling Green State University Undergraduate Mathematics Conference, Bowling Green, OH (2005)
A Game of Hat Guessing, MathFest (2006)
Tree Congestion for Complete n-Partite Graphs, Pi Mu Epsilon Conference Ohio Chapter (2008)
Basic Differentiation Applied to a Multivariable Inequality, MAA Ohio Section Fall Meeting, Muskingum College (2006)
Factorization Theory and Decompositions of Modules (2013) ￨ Sums of Reciprocals of Polynomials over Finite Fields (2012)
Papers and Preprints:
Allen Cox, Tree Congestion for Complete n-Partite Graphs, 2007 http://www.math.csusb.edu/reu/ac07.pdf
Cited By: M.I. Ostrovskii, Minimum congestion spanning trees in planar graphs, Discrete Mathematics (2010)
and Hui-Fai Law, Trees and Graphs: Congestion, Polynomials, and Reconstruction, University of Oxford Doctoral Thesis (2011)
Hiring Agent Name
I am exploring a new career opportunity within a challenging [ Insert Job Title ] role, and I believe that I can make a positive contribution to your school s success.
To acquaint you with my background, I can offer experience in Curriculum Design / Development, Tutoring Lab Management, Team Building, Training / Development, Continuing Education Program Design / Development, and Policy / Procedure Development. I am also highly skilled in Multi-Level Math Instruction, Lesson Planning, Student Performance Enhancement, Data / Records Management, and Student / Faculty Relations.
Currently, as the Math Center Director for the University of Xxxxxx Clear Lake, I expertly lead forward-thinking operations, including personally redeveloping and implementing the school s first comprehensive center offering tutoring for Physics, Statistics, and Math courses. Within this role, I optimize scholastic success by performing details-focused grade impact analysis on various students visiting the center. I also design and develop the center s policies, procedures, and employment practices and develop the Supplemental Instruction program.
A sampling of my achievements include:
- Successfully achieving a .5 higher GPA among students using the center compared to non-users.
- Expertly transitioning the center with the school from a 2-year feeder school to a 4-year university.
- Cohesively mentoring and managing a top-performing team of 2 administrative staff, as well as student tutors.
- Conceptualizing, developing, and implementing the center s first-ever tutor training and continuing education programs, including increasing center-wide attendance by 250% while maintaining excellence in student satisfaction.
To complement this experience, please note that I earned a Master of Arts in Mathematics (3.51 GPA) and Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Cum Laude) from Kent State University. I also completed 21 hours in Doctoral Mathematics studies at the University of Michigan.
[ Suggestion! Optional! Address Here Any Skills / Qualifications / Achievements Relevant to the Job Posting. REMOVE this before sending]. As this is just an example of my abilities, please refer to my enclosed resume for additional instructional experience with the University of Xxxxxx Clear Lake, Kent State University, and Michigan State University.
As a proven leader, you will find that I am positioned to deliver both immediate and long-term results with a continued commitment to exceeding your team s goals. I am eager to discuss how my qualifications uniquely match your current and future needs, and look forward to interviewing with you soon.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!