This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Executive Chef / Banquet Chef
Menu & Recipe Development ~ Kitchen Operations ~ Purchasing ~ Budgeting ~ Forecasting
Training & Leadership ~ Staff Scheduling ~ Inventory Control ~ Health & Safety Compliance
Offer 20+ years experience in culinary arts and in managing the full range of restaurant operations including P&L (profit & loss), inventory management, guest service, regulatory compliance, and employee relations.
Proven success in training, coaching, and directing personnel; consistently promote efficiency, productivity, food safety, quality, freshness, kitchen safety, and team cohesiveness.
Highly regarded for a strong blend of planning, organizational, time management, and decision-making skills.
Able to leverage keen analytical abilities to assess and optimize restaurant s fiscal performance, profitability, cost control, and revenue opportunities.
Creative, energetic, and employ a strong commitment to quality and freshness to devise winning menus.
Demonstrated outstanding leadership talents in hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising up to 42 personnel.
Elevated employee morale and reduced turnover by building unified teams through motivation, emphasizing accountability, setting goals, and providing constructive feedback.
Designed and administered formal training programs focusing on quality, service, cost containment, sanitation, minimizing waste, and complying with health and safety requirements.
Devised and controlled budgets for the complete range of food and labor costs including fresh produce, meats, seafood, and alcohol.
Proactively monitored and recorded impactful factors such as weather, special events, and other considerations to prepare influential forecasts, coordinate inventory, and maximize sales.
Established product labeling and rotation systems to ensure freshness and virtually eliminate excess inventory.
Resourcefully instituted preventative maintenance programs to extend the life of kitchen equipment.
Planned and coordinated restaurant s participation in special events such as Tall Stacks and Riverfest.
Redesigned kitchens at five Barleycorn locations to facilitate excellent service and regulate labor costs by bolstering efficiency.
University of Cincinnati, Theta Phi Alpha Sorority, 2011 to Present
- Prepare lunch and dinner to order on a daily business and orchestrate buffet dinners feeding 120+ students.
Bark Busters, 2006 to Present
- Deliver in-home dog training by analyzing unique situations with clients and their dogs and teaching behavior modification techniques.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy Page 2 of 2
- Ranked among top 10% in sales production out of 550 franchisees after first year and achieved A1 rating with BBB and Angie s List.
- Awarded Master Behaviorist after two years and gained credibility with more than 20 local veterinarians, resulting in a high level of referral business.
Jillian s Entertainment Complex, 2000 to 2006
- Spearheaded F&B operations across five bars, Hibachi grill with six tables, 50,000 square foot game room, five dance clubs, a banquet facility, and a concert venue that seated 2,000 guests.
- Applied dynamic organizational skills to execute successful banquet parties for over 3,000 guests.
- Diminished food costs by 6% and captured considerable labor savings by delegating tasks to well-trained staff instead of hiring two sous chefs.
- Constantly ensured and enforced strict compliance with food safety and sanitation procedures, OSHA criteria, and other regulations.
- Propelled sales revenues and guest traffic by developing and empowering team members to create an unparalleled dining experience.
- Educated and advised management team in all aspects of P&L optimization and guest service excellence.
Deer Run Country Club, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1998 to 2000
- Collaboratively increased club member base and food sales by redesigning menu featuring full-color photos of the golf course and other amenities.
- Strategically redesigned kitchen to optimize use of limited space and downsized staff to improve efficiency and control labor expenses.
- Negotiated a trade deal to acquire $10K in new equipment for club with no capital outlay.
- Aligned and mobilized staff to create and maintain a vegetable and herb garden for reducing food costs and boosting freshness and quality.
Rock Bottom Brewery & Restaurant, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1997 to 1998
- Established kitchen from scratch and directed full-scope daily operations including hiring, training, scheduling, quality assurance, OSHA compliance, and direct leadership of 25 employees.
- Employed measurable process improvements which decreased labor expenses by 2% and food costs by 3%.
Barleycorn s, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1993 to 1997
Held assignments at several Barleycorn s facilities including an upscale sports bar/yacht club.
Tightened controls and guidelines associated with purchasing to lower food costs by 10% and generate $5K in savings related to laundry and cleaning supplies.
Trained, mentored, coached, supervised, and directed high-performing employees.
Designed menu and kitchen layout for new venture, Hugg s Inn, and masterminded equipment set-up, staffing, and training in time for grand opening.
Minimized labor expenses by introducing call-in system to correspond with primarily weather-driven sales.
Prior background includes role as Kitchen Manager & Corporate Trainer for O Charley s, and service with the Ohio Army National Guard; honorably discharged.
Bachelor of Business, University of Cincinnati
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
HIRING AGENT NAME
I am currently seeking a challenging career opportunity as an executive chef and am submitting my resume for your review. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I confidently bring to you a seasoned background in the food service and restaurant industry, exemplary operations leadership talents, and significant staff management expertise. I also offer excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills which are instrumental in managing kitchen and banquet operations.
Briefly, some of my key qualifications include:
- Demonstrated success in directing profitable and efficient restaurant operations and banquet events.
- Exceptional managerial capabilities spanning hiring, training, performance management, conflict resolution, and raising morale.
- Remarkable proficiency in customer service, forecasting, budgeting, and priority-setting.
- Organizing complete kitchens from scratch and developing peak-performing staff members.
- Decreasing expenses consistently throughout my career.
As a proactive contributor to your organization, you will find me to be a driven professional committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through superior performance, dedication, and experience. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to <insert name of organization>, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
(INTERVIEWER S NAME)
I would like to thank you for providing me the opportunity to interview with you and discuss the chef s position currently available with (INSERT COMPANY NAME). Having gained a deeper insight into the job requirements and your objectives, I am confident you will find me to be an integral participant in achieving your goals.
As discussed, I am highly accomplished chef eager to begin a rewarding career as a dedicated member of your team. I believe you will find my dynamic (LIST A FEW SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS RELEVANT TO THE POSITION) skills vital to your operations and look forward to contributing to your success.
Should you have any additional questions, or to discuss future employment opportunities, please feel free to contact me at the details listed above. Again, thank you for the enlightening interview. I look forward to your response.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!