This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Seeking opportunity as Facilities Manager with Maine Legislature s Office of the Executive Director
Building Inspections ~ Maintenance ~ Renovations & Repairs ~ Regulatory Compliance
Vendor Relations ~ Team Leadership & Direction ~ Project Management ~ Building Security
- Significant experience in facilities management including building and grounds maintenance, construction, inspections, budgeting, service contracts, safety, asset management, and records management.
- Extensive personnel leadership experience spans scheduling, training, and performance management.
- Hands-on, methodical, and efficiently steer collaborative and forward-moving efforts among diverse tradespersons.
- Excel at maintaining and servicing facilities and equipment at above-standard levels as well as driving ongoing improvement efforts.
- Proficiency in project management, staff development, regulatory & safety compliance, procurement, obtaining quotes and estimates, and vendor relations/selection.
- Well-versed in ADA and other facility access requirements, environmental compliance, facility security, and emergency preparedness.
- Outstanding blend of communication, interpersonal, planning, budgeting, and managerial skills.
- Direct and guide personnel to perform safely, productively, and professionally; enforce strict attention to OSHA rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements.
- Excel at seamlessly interfacing with key stakeholders to propel efficient operations and control expenses.
- Presented with multiple awards, certificates, and medals throughout military service.
State of Maine, Cross Office Building, Augusta, ME, 2012 to 2015
Building Control Technician
Spearheaded monitoring and maintenance of building mechanical and security systems at three state complexes.
Analyzed and decisively dispatched appropriate trades personnel to repair buildings as applicable.
Oversaw high-volume call center which received calls ranging from general inquiries to 911 emergency requests.
Administered comprehensive building management software which monitored and adjusted building environmental and security systems.
Delegated tasks to building coordinators upon notice of emergencies and critical systems failures at respective buildings.
Diligently monitored over 200 security cameras and provided detailed information to Capitol Police to assist in emergency events and suspect location during security breaches.
Professional Experience continued Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy Page 2 of 2
Leveraged automated on-call system to efficiently dispatch snow removal teams for State House Complex.
Served as 911 dispatcher for Capitol Police and joined forces with other police and fire agencies when requested.
- Ensured consistent compliance with facility accessibility (ADA) requirements.
Harold Lemay Enterprises, Inc., Tacoma, WA, 2002 to 2011
Director of Military Operations
Governed all aspects of operations encompassing equipment placement, force protection and security, access control, environmental compliance, vehicle fleet management, and personnel leadership.
Masterminded highly praised recycling program at Fort Lewis, Washington, Army base to reduce waste.
Conducted background investigations on all employees to ensure rigorous adherence to base security requirements.
Collaboratively conducted illegal dumping investigations, resulting in significant monetary recoupment to government for clean-up costs.
Performed in-depth maintenance inspections of vehicle fleet and instructed operators in safe driving techniques.
Completed accident investigations when required and provided results and recommendations to district management.
Prior background includes service with the United States Army. Roles included Emergency Operations Center Shift Leader, Range Maintenance Supervisor, Platoon Sergeant / Operations Sergeant, and Senior Drill Sergeant.
- Managed grounds maintenance, building maintenance, building access, and major repairs to HVAC systems at Fort Riley, Kansas, Emergency Operations Center.
- Orchestrated maintenance operations for 100,000+ acres of military training land and directly managed team of 12 in functional areas spanning safety, budget administration, maintenance logs, building inspections, and vendor relations.
- Supervised, mentored, motivated, and trained 1,300+ soldiers in rifle and pistol marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat and self-defense, in previous role as senior drill sergeant.
Certified Building Operator
Certified First Aid and CPR Instructor
Certified Aerial Lift & Forklift Instructor
Certified Emergency Telecommunicator
FEMA Emergency Preparedness
FEMA Incident Command System (ICS)
FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Smith System Driving and Accident Prevention
Emergency Vehicle Accident Prevention - Thurston County Fire Service
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
July 0000 xxxxxx xxxx , xxxx , xxxxx 00000
Dear Ms. Davis:
Please accept this letter and accompanying resume in application for the Facilities Manager opportunity that is currently available at the Office of the Executive Director. In advance, thank you for your time and consideration.
I offer solid expertise in facilities management, exceptional talents in project management, and proven strengths in conducting inspections, preparing contracts, and coordinating and assisting with general repairs and renovations. My extensive experience across physical security, building access control, training, and budgeting capacities certainly indicates my ability to drive positive transformations in any situation or environment. I ve conducted and supervised facility maintenance at the highest levels while serving in the US Army, and pioneered award-winning facility maintenance programs for both the Army and private sector during my career. To complement these qualifications, I offer excellent knowledge of ADA accessibility guidelines, possess sharp skills in records management, and am a certified building operator.
If selected for an interview, you will find me to be an accomplished, hands-on, and self-directed leader committed to supporting you in achieving your objectives through unwavering dedication and resourcefulness. I am confident that I could be a valuable asset to the Maine Legislature, and look forward to interviewing with you in the near future.
Yyyyyy x. yyyyyy
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!