This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Dedicated, results oriented Leader with 18+ years of experience maximizing efficiency throughout daily law enforcement and security operations.
- Proven track record of conducting thorough investigations, maintaining utmost compliance to laws and implementing highly effective safety measures.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage legal expertise to develop and implement successful training and development initiatives.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills, critical to working closely with various government entities, including the Department of Homeland Security, FBI, DEA and ATF.
Policy & Procedure Implementation
Coast to Coast K9 Team Services, New Smyrna Beach, Florida 2015-Present
Chief of Operations and Business Development Manager
- Leverage top notch leadership skills to successfully develop high performance teams, develop strategic plans and steer projects to successful completion.
- Direct canine team deployments of explosives and controlled substances for high profile clients including NBC Universal Orlando, Holland Cruise Line, MSC Cruise Line, Balearia Ferry, US Securities and Sentry Security.
- Heavily involved in development of International Canine Association of Agricultural Disease Detection (ICAADD), sole agricultural canine association nationally or internationally.
- Streamline process improvement initiatives by identifying strengths/weaknesses and implementing appropriate plans of action.
- Maintain adherence to policies and standards set by the United States Police Canine Association (USPCA) throughout daily operations.
- Leverage strong interpersonal and business development skills to increase client base by 60% and profitability by 40% within 18-month period.
- Chief responsibilities include budget management, hiring/training and oversight of canine retirement program.
Volusia County Sheriff's Office, Deland, Florida 2000-2015
Deputy Sheriff II
- Leveraged legal expertise to successfully oversee daily operations, with associated responsibilities including safety planning, security management, and coordinating transportation of inmates.
- Conducted in depth investigations; documented interactions and case details appropriately.
- Developed and deployed highly effective security training classes for new officers, focusing primarily on bomb threat procedures, emergency preparedness, asset protection and public relations.
- Arrested perpetrators of criminal acts and submitted citations and warnings to violators of motor vehicle ordinances; rendered aid to victims when necessary.
- Remained up to date on current laws/updates to ensure utmost compliance throughout all operations.
- Strategically developed and modified security plans for multiple environments, including airports.
- Collaborated extensively with various government entities, including the Department of Homeland Security, TSA, FBI, DEA and ATF.
- Served as assistant to the Bomb Squad Commander, responsible for planning and coordinating all EOD and K-9 EOD operations for special events including NASCAR s Daytona 500 with spectator attendance in excess of 300,000 persons and NASCAR s Pepsi 400 with attendance in excess of 300,000 persons.
- Successfully managed all unit equipment with value in excess of $500k.
- Resourcefully assigned and managed safe movement for 300-500 inmates daily from jails to county courthouses.
- Wrote multiple grants and utilized federal tax dollars to successfully purchase $400k bomb squad command and response vehicle at no cost to tax payers.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Department, New York, NY 1997-2000
Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, Daytona State College, Daytona Beach, Florida; In Progress
Criminal Justice Certificate, GPA: 3.75, Westchester Community College, Vahalla, New York; 1997
Criminal Justice Certificate, Brevard Community College, Melbourne, Florida; 1999
High School Diploma, Peekskill High School, Peekskill, New York; 1988
Basic Course for Police Officers, State of New York Municipal Police Training Council; 1997
Police Officer Certification, State of Connecticut Police Training Council; 1997
Police Officer Certification, State of Florida, FDLE Florida Department of Law Enforcement; 1999
Retired Law Enforcement Firearms Proficiency, State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission under provisions of Title 18, 44 U.S.C. ss. 926B and 926C, 2016
FCIC Certification, State of Florida Department of Law Enforcement; 2002
K-9 Explosive Detection Certification, United States Police Canine Association
Field Training and Evaluation Academic, FTEP SSD Field Training, 40 CAL. Glock Transition Course, FTEP Road Phase Training, Heartsaver AED, Introduction to VCSO Computers, Combat Shooting Phase, Human Diversity/Traffic Stops, Active Shooter Response, FATS Fire Arms Training Simulator, Combat Patrol Rifle, Taser Certification, Low Light Firearms Training, Taser Re-Certification, Domestic Violence, M-26 and X-26 Taser Certification, K-9 Introduction to TATP/HMTD;
Volusia County Sheriff's Office
FBAA / Principles of Fire Investigation, Electrical Fire Cause Determination, Pump Operations,
Hazardous Materials O.S.H.A. (Safety), Blood Bourne Pathogens / Infectious Disease Control, State of New York Fire Administration, Fire Behavior / Arson Awareness, Basic Ice Rescue, Commanding the Initial Response, Interior / Initial Fire Attack, Officer Training and Fire Ground Command, Essentials of Firemanship, Preparing for Command;
State of New York Fire Administration
Hazardous Materials Technicians Course, Livestock in Disaster, NIMS- National Incident Management System an Introduction, Principles of Emergency Management, Emergency Program Manager an Orientation to the Position, Leadership and Influence, State Disaster Management, NIMS Resource Management, National Response Plan, Effective Communication, Introduction to the Incident Command System, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Emergency Planning, NIMS Public Information Systems, Exercise Design, Introduction to Community Emergency Response Team, Incident Command System for Single Acting and Initial Action Incidents, Developing and Managing Volunteers, Disaster Basics, Introduction to Hazardous Materials, Hazardous Materials Prevention, Radiological Emergency
Management, Radiological Emergency Response, Role of the Emergency Operations Center in Community Preparedness, Response and Recovery, Introduction to Radiological Emergency Preparedness Exercise Evaluation, Modular Emergency Radiological Response Transportation, Citizen's Guide to Disaster Assistance, Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies, Role of Voluntary Agencies in Emergency Management, An In-depth Guide to Citizens Preparedness, Animals in Disaster, Awareness and Preparedness, Community Hurricane Preparedness, Animals in Disaster, Community Planning, Hazardous Materials Technician Certification, Emergency Management Certificate of Achievement;
US Department of Homeland Security / FEMA
Certified Water Rescue, BLS Provider, CPR Professional, Emergency First Aid;
American Red Cross
Narcotics K-9 Handlers Course, Explosives K-9 Handlers Course, Detection K-9 Trainers Course, K-9 Explosives Detection Handlers Seminar, K-9 Explosive Detection Handlers Seminar;
Southern Hills Kennels / American Canine Detection
Weapons of Mass Destruction Bomb and Explosives Identification, Heckler & Kock MP-5 Operators Course, Weapons of Mass Destruction Incident Command, Radar Speed Measurement, Prepare Florida Personal Protective Equipment Course, Juvenile Sexual Offender Course, Human Cultural Diversity with Traffic Profiling;
Daytona Beach Community College
CMS Field Training Officer Program;
State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training
NORT - National Odor Recognition Test;
U.S. Department of Justice / ATF
Fire Fighter Safety Workshop, OSHA;
New York State Association of Fire Chiefs
Haz-Mat Awareness Training;
Hughsonville Fire District
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!