This Resume Has Not Been Formatted
- Detail oriented Professional with over 20 years of experience in medical billing and collections.
- In depth knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding, as well as multiple medical record systems.
- Possesses strong customer service skills; experienced in forming relationships and resolving inquiries.
- Linguistic fluency in English and Spanish.
Medical Billing, Coding & Collections
Great Plains & Resolution
Athena Health Care System
AS/400 & STM
MS Office Suite
Point & Click Medical System
Harvard university Health Services, Cambridge, MA 2007-Present
Medical Billing Specialist
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail while performing assigned tasks on time within a deadline based environment.
- Utilize strong knowledge of medical billing and claims to ensure accuracy throughout all operations; conduct thorough follow up with insurance companies.
- Form positive relationships with patients; resolve inquiries, identify billing discrepancies and establish payment plans.
- Ensure compliance to all company, federal and HIPAA regulations; maintain confidentiality of patient information.
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Newton, MA 2005-2007
BCBS Billing Supervisor
- Leveraged strong leadership skills, coupled with in depth knowledge of medical billing, to oversee day to day operations.
- Developed and implemented effective training processes; monitored individual employee performance and designed innovative strategies to promote growth.
- Provided top notch customer service; ensured inquiries were thoroughly resolved.
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Newton, MA 2001-2005
Patient Billing Representative
- Utilized bilingual capabilities, as well as strong knowledge of medical billing/coding, to complete assigned tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Maintained quality control throughout all day to day operations, including charge entry, coding and processing credit/debit adjustments.
- Used strong analytical skills to review benefits and ensure recovery of funds.
FMC, San Juan, Puerto Rico 2001 Patient Account Representative
- Contributed extensively to maintaining quality assurance throughout billing and collections for 2 branch locations.
- Obtained an in depth understanding of Medicare and commercial payors; associated responsibilities included cash application, handling adjustments and generating reports.
- Provided excellent customer service; simplified complex concepts and cultivated positive relationships.
HVMA, Newton, MA; Patient Billing Representative 1999-2001
Optimum Home Health, Boston, MA; Billing Coordinator 1998-1999 Olsten Health Services, Cambridge, MA; Collections Rep/Third Party Biller 1995-1998
Boston Check Cashers, Inc.; Manager/Teller 1990-1995
Healthcare Management Coursework Completed, Newbury College; Boston, MA
Media Technology Coursework Completed, Bunker Hill Community College; Boston, MA
High School Diploma, Boston High School; Boston, MA
Remember: Hire Us To Write YOUR New Resume
And We GUARANTEE That If You’re Not Working In 60 Days Or Less,
We’ll Revise Your Resume, Refund Your Money,
AND Give You $50 EXTRA!